Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2006 3:54:54 PM EDT
Merry Christmas, my little gourmets and gourmands!

My sister gave me a new Rival Crock-Pot™ for Christmas. Schweeet.

The glass lid has a hole in it. The hole is about halfway between the handle and the rim, and is fitted with a spiffy stainless steel grommet. The opening is a little less than 1/8" in diameter. I find no reference to the purpose of the hole in the Owner's Guide, on the box, or on Rival's own website. No mention of it anywhere. The only thing I can fathom is that it's for a temperature probe, but my probe is too big for the hole. Surely it's not a vent, is it? I would think that you would want the steam to stay in.

Anyone else have a Crock-Pot™ with a hole in the lid? Por que?
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet it's a vent.  Our current one leaks steam around the edges of the lid.  Our last one had a plastic lid that would bounce around as the steam came out around the edges.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
God you're naive.  It's a homemade still.  The hole is for letting the vapors escape so they can condense.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bet it's a vent.  Our current one leaks steam around the edges of the lid.  Our last one had a plastic lid that would bounce around as the steam came out around the edges.

+1 - IT'S A VENT; mine has it too
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Its to allow the lid to be replaced while your black iron wire pokes out suspending parts that are being blued in the crock pot.

Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its to allow the lid to be replaced while your black iron wire pokes out suspending parts that are being blued in the crock pot.

Nice! Now I need to go find me a Star .380!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
God you're naive.  It's a homemade still.  The hole is for letting the vapors escape so they can condense.
I like the way this man thinks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea I need directions to the party, I'll be leaving shorly for the New Years eve party at DZL's crib!
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yea I need directions to the party, I'll be leaving shorly for the New Years eve party at DZL's crib!

+1, I'll have to maybe make my visit around mid January, when I turn 21.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Left, Left, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Quick Right, Bear Right, Left, Second house on the Left. The passphrase is "Get Both!!!"
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Left, Left, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Quick Right, Bear Right, Left, Second house on the Left. The passphrase is "Get Both!!!"

Thanks I'see ya soon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top