Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 6:22:31 PM EDT
Here is a link to an article that indicates what the Russians think about Osama Bin Laden's
appointment to commander-in-chief of the armed forces of Afghanistan's ruling Taliban
regime:

[url]www.vny.com/cf/news/upidetail.cfm?QID=216037[/url]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
... a bit comforting
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the Russians are ready for a little payback.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I think we could help them with some payback.  We attach from the south they attack from the north.  When we get done we split the county in half.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not seen his appointment mentioned in any media, just the article at the link.  This fact alone should be justification to blow hell out of Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My Mil History teacher mentioned this and was suprised it wasn't given more coverage since this basically establishes Afghanistan as a conventional sate enemy.  Not to mention further reinforcing how much Russia still hates them and wants pay back.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:05:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have not seen his appointment mentioned in any media, just the article at the link.  This fact alone should be justification to blow hell out of Afghanistan.
View Quote

I originally learned of this from my half-brother who is a network admin at a US airbase.  Why the media hasn't picked up on it is a mystery.

And I ditto you on that one LARRYG.  By making Bin Laden the head of their forces, they are pretty much saying that they not only condone his actions, but support him militarily too.  Pretty depressing crap.  

ARnSC
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
The Russians hate Afganistan.  Always have they would like to see nothing more then them totally blown off the face of this earth.  My be we should have listened to them in the 70's........[frag]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Let's see, the President of Iraq (Hussein) Payed the Commander-in Chief of Afghanistan (Bin Laden) to Attack the United States.

It's an open and shut case, Afghanistan and Iraq state-sponsored an attack on the United States. That is an act of war.

We now have 2 countries to take out, so let's destroy the Tlaiban and liberate the International Aid Workers accused of spreading Christianity (They are facing execution, once convicted.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top