Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2001 5:36:07 AM EDT
I just heard on the radio news that the IRS has lost 40,000 tax returns worth an estimated value of $800,000,000. They are refunds from New England and New York areas. IRS says it may take up to 6 months to fix the mess. I bet they wont be paying the public interest for the delay like they make us pay them! USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:45:00 AM EDT
Here's a link to an article about it at Reuters: [url]http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=topnews&StoryID=188182[/url] USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:02:26 PM EDT
Actually, the article states that these were tax returns and tax PAYMENT checks. That means that there are tons of people out there that paid an estimated $810,000,000 in taxes that the checks never got cashed on. It is kind of hard to tell that when first reading the article, but see the bottom where it indicates that the people will not be charged late fees when the have to resubmit their payment. That plus, this was a bank that lost them all. Must be where all of the checks from everybody gets deposited to go into the govt. accounts. Now that makes me laugh... Michael
Top Top