Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2001 5:11:26 PM EDT
Awhile back, there was a thread about those POW/MIA bracelets. I ordered one for myself. I was talking about it to one of my regular customers who said he had one he wore regularly since he first joined the USN. He said he didn't know the status of the guy on his bracelet and assumed he had never come home. I said I could look in to it. So, I ran to the computer in the back and searched it out(using the info obtained right here) and found that his guy had not only returned in '73,but had remained in the Army to retire in 1996. You should have seen the look on his face.It was a great feeling to have helped bring him some closure( and with a happy ending!). Now the unknown man he had worn on his wrist was no longer, in his mind, somewhere in SouthEast Asia. He was alive and well( in 96 at least). So, thanks to all the great guys here, some good has come from the internet. Now, how does one go about returning a bracelet to a former POW?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Things like this make it all worth while to have this site for all to enjoy!

Glad to hear his buddy came back and doing fine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember when I was a kid and the POW's were coming home that it was customary to give these bracelets to the returning veterans. It might be a nice gesture for your buddy to track this guy down and give it to him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to Military.com and you can probably look the guy up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the lead to military.com. Holy crap! 29 Robert Tabbs to sift through!" Hi, are you RobertTabb, former VietNam era POW? No, sorry to bother you." Damn, I'm gonna be busy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top