Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2001 5:01:09 AM EDT
I saw the new Benelli web page for the M4 Super 90 shotgun.  My dealer has no idea when it will be available for civilians.  Anyone hear anything about this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have heard conflicting things, but both are just hearsay.  One person said they will not be importing them for civilian sales at all, another said Benelli will start to bring them in for civilian sales once their contract with the marines is filled (not until late 2002, I think).  Both pieces of information supposedly came from Benelli reps.  I don't see why they wouldn't sell to civilians here once their previous obligations are made - hell, its just more money for them.  Of course, we would get the neutered versions anyways...

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
So, what is so new in the Benelli M4 [:)],
we have sold them from July 2000.

Excellent ergonomics, perfect function and smoother recoil than in an inertia action Benelli. Just excellent.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]
As per the Benelli website, you can have one as a civilian, after the marines get all the ones they want.

[url]http://www.benelliusa.com/m4_super90/ [/url]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
But, if it will be available, it will not have a telestock, large magazine tube and a pistol grip, am i right. Something will have to go.... [:)]

After all the ribbing, seriously, i hope that U.S buyers can buy atleast a neutered version of it.

EDITED, just to clarify. for those who don´t know, the FI stands for Finland, so i guess no hopes in buying the Benelli from us to the U.S
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if the telescoping stock ( if available ) can be adapted to fit a preban M1?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But, if it will be available, it will not have a telestock, large magazine tube and a pistol grip, am i right. Something will have to go.... [:)]

After all the ribbing, seriously, i hope that U.S buyers can buy atleast a neutered version of it.

EDITED, just to clarify. for those who don´t know, the FI stands for Finland, so i guess no hopes in buying the Benelli from us to the U.S
View Quote

Can you sell to a resident of CX?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But, if it will be available, it will not have a telestock, large magazine tube and a pistol grip, am i right. Something will have to go....
View Quote

No,it only becomes an "Assault Weapon" if it has more than 2 of the "evil" features.
So a straight stock M4 can have a 7 shot magazine.  
I have a post pan Super 90 M1 in that configuration with ghost ring sights.

I'd sure like to have a pre-ban with a pistol grip stock & 7 round magazine!! [:D]
 I've been contemplating buying a post-pan pistol grip 5 shot one though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Or is it more than 1 "evil" feature???
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Like i said, you can´t have all the EVIL features.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Like i said, can´t have all 3 evil features, one feature has to go.
View Quote

OOPS! Sorry misread your reply, I'd sure be interested in one of those M4's though!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like i said, can´t have all 3 evil features, one feature has to go.
View Quote

OK , sorry misread your post, I'd sure be interested in one of those M4's though!
View Quote

Me too ( I'll take two )!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe the M4 will be available to civilians just in time for the '94 crime bill to expire? *crosses fingers*

Rocko
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:51:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Am I the only one that thinks that the M4 collapsible stock is just begging to snag on something ? Tell me it's just me, huh?
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Nope, I thought that too. The way I use a shotgun I would get that odd tele-stock hookedon my shirt or something. I would prefer a skeletonized or folding stock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top