Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 10:11:10 PM EDT
I looked at one at Big 5 and kinda liked it. I've been looking for a .308 plinker and this seemed to fit the bill. Any known issues or problems? Thanks in advance. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:17:22 PM EDT
Ratters, I have a couple of friends that have FR-8's and they both like them. I have an Ishapore Enfield that I bought to shoot up a bunch of surplus ammo and I like that also. Off of the subject, I know you are into dogs. Last summer when we were still living in the Eastbay my wife's Bull Terrier died. We now live in Montana and I can't find a breeder of Bullies anywhere near here. Do you know of any good Bull Terrier breeders? Thanks, Buster
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:28:12 PM EDT
Sorry about your loss Buster, and I don't know of any bull terrier breeders. Lemme go through some of the AKC mags and I'll email what they have. I love the bull terrier, friend had one named Pig. Damn that thing was cute. Too much dog for me though. [;)] Don't have enough energy for terriers. I have a show in a couple weeks and I'll ask some of the exhibitors if they are breeding any time soon as well. Thanks for the info on the FR-8. Might pick one up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:34:13 PM EDT
Damnit, I want one too. Check thefiringline, there are mixed reviews, but mostly favorable. Recommend a rubber butt pad for them, though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:42:52 PM EDT
I have a FR-8 and think it is a nice rifle. Some people say to only shoot 7.62 Nato in it to be safe, but it is built on a Mauser 98 action that could originally handle 8mm Mauser which is a pretty stout round. My FR-8 kicks pretty good so I have been using a slip on recoil pad and it helps alot. Buy these rifles if you can because everyone needs a bolt action rifle with a flash hider and bayonet lug plus they just look sooo bad!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:51:14 PM EDT
I bought one and love it. It has a very healthy recoil but is fun to shoot. Check these out: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=35646[/url] [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=29698[/url]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:10:19 PM EDT
Thanks Princeton for the links. sfoo- they were out of them at the Walnut Creek Big 5 but the guy their said they had a couple at Concord. Gonna check it out Thursday if there is nothing really good a Traders. Wife just bought some jewelery so I get to spend a little bit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:49:11 PM EDT
Concord said the same thing about WC. hmph. Oh well. Saw a couple at the last Cow Palace show for decent, but not great prices. I'll ask slo5oh, he has a relative at Big5....
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:32:43 AM EDT
Well, I'll check Pinole as that is by me, see what they say. Traders has Charles Daly .45s for $350 bucks on their ads sometimes and I was thinking about getting one of these and then eventually just stuffing it with Chip McCormick parts. I guess the Cow Palace show is coming up too. Oh well, we'll see, just put a couple hundred into dog show entry fees so I gotta check the bank account anyhow. [BD]
Top Top