Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2001 8:38:43 AM EDT
I did a lot of bump firing last night, and after a wile started to have jams. The clean and inspeck, and i find the firing pin is bent, as well as pin that holds the firing pin in.
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1391821&a=12234609&p=52839244[/img].
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have fired a lot of M16s and never was this happen befor. Where do i get new parts that will hold up to my abuse?
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Pick up a Titanum firing pin...

It should help to solve you're problems...

ULTRA lightweight and strong.

The stainless firing pins are "softer" metal than Titanum.

You may have to pick up an M16 bolt carrier & cut back the tail end of it(sear contact area) to make it "legal"
On the M16 bolt carrier, the hammer ramp extends almost to the end of the firing pin, shrouding the shoulder on it.

Methinks your hammer is getting wedged under the firing pin, between the 2 shoulders...  

DISCLAIMER:
Methinks what was suggested IS legal.
If anyone thinks otherwise, please say so.
I will immediately delete my post.

....ART
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, and i do want to keep it legal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Falcon2, Bushmaster won't sell you the Carrier unless you have a Tax Stamp. if you want a 16 carrier, i have an extra. you would have to have it modified to make it legal though. email me if you are interested.  also the newer COLT AR carriers have the firing pin collar. if you know a colt dealer you could get one of those. (that would be significantly more expensive though.)   good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top