Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/25/2017 7:35:25 PM
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 8/12/2001 7:58:02 AM EDT
I and new to the AR-15 game with regards to building and re-building. I know what a1 and a2 sights look like on an upper, but what are the A1 or A2 FENCES on a pre or post ban lower? Doe the compatability of the upper and lower relate to the fence configuration?? Need some help here. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:59:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CBB: ... but what are the A1 or A2 FENCES on a pre or post ban lower? Doe the compatability of the upper and lower relate to the fence configuration?? Need some help here. Thanks.
View Quote
I am not expert at AR15s by no means, but I will take a stab at it. A fence usually means there is a little area built up around the magazine release button to HELP prevent accidental release of the magazine. I think A1 versions don't have it. It doesn't have anything to do with pre/post ban lower and upper/lower receivers compatibility.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:23:54 AM EDT
When I was in the army a had and saw plenty A1 with this fence. I believe the early one did not have them. My last A2 I had in the Security Police was a conversion. this did not have a fence.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:22:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By warlord:
Originally Posted By CBB: ... but what are the A1 or A2 FENCES on a pre or post ban lower? Doe the compatability of the upper and lower relate to the fence configuration?? Need some help here. Thanks.
View Quote
I am not expert at AR15s by no means, but I will take a stab at it. A fence usually means there is a little area built up around the magazine release button to HELP prevent accidental release of the magazine. I think A1 versions don't have it. It doesn't have anything to do with pre/post ban lower and upper/lower receivers compatibility.
View Quote
The A1's also have the fence. A lot of the early M-16's (A-nothing, no forward assist) did not havve them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 3:12:21 PM EDT
Just a little more info. M16: no fence, but it does have a "rib" right under the ejection port. M16A1: fence M16A2: fence AR15 SP1: no fence or "rib" AR15 A2: no fence, but has A2 upper AR15 Sporter: fence I think I got that right. BMB
Top Top