Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2001 9:09:54 PM EDT
at the end how the author made every possible excuse to keep Clinton and his cronies from any blame. He tries his hardest to blame G.W. Bush.

I talked person-to-person to a BlackHawk Chief Warrant Officer who was DIRRECTLY involved with the battle. He blamed the SECDEF for not allowing heavy armor into the country. I talked to him about 3 months after the battle, well before the book was released.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Dammit! I wrote this for a friggin' response.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How could they blame Bush anyways?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I distinctly remember Boy President Clinton marching across the front lawn of the White House surrounded by the military in desert storm BDUs, taking credit for the successful conclusion of the Somali relief efforts, about a month PRIOR to the BHD/Ranger incident!

If you wanted armor, at that time, you needed to go to Mt. Carmel, near Waco, Texas, at the Branch Davidians' Church (not 'compound').

Eric The(So,[b]That's[/b]WhereTheArmorWas!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
George W. Bush was governor of Texas at the time.

Norm
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Did I say W? Oops. I meant the senior of the two.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes he did. The author tried to justify Aspins decision by saying that armor wasn't needed. If I recall correctly, It was an armored UN collumn that finaly rescued the pinned down soldiers.

(edited for crappy syntax)
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top