Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2001 8:28:10 AM EDT
Well the shareholders just approved the sale of Wachovia bank to First Union. The group will be the 4th largest bank in the country.

The bad thing is, they are expecting to lay off about 7000 people. That means there are 7000 people I gotta f*cking compete with again. On top of the 500K people that got laid off/fired last month.

Of course nothing is final yet.

BTW, AAA+ if you're reading this. Anything on FTU's bond desk that might be opening up? I suppose that they will be keeping all of the branch investment reps, so the trading desk might be ramping up right?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Trust me...
This is the 5th M&A I've gone through in the last 10 years and it SUCKS!
I started out working for a company with 3500
employees and now I'am part of the BORG.

Yo LT...
Still in a freeze but I've got your resume in front of the right people.

Link Posted: 8/3/2001 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yo LT...
Still in a freeze but I've got your resume in front of the right people.

View Quote

Cooollll!!!. Thanx man. If I get an interview out there I owe you a beer and dinner. Good thing we're both licensed and have to keep it below $100 [;)]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't get your hopes up, LT.  Afterall, the economy is collapsing Tuesday.  The Germans say so [;)]
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010803/bs/markets_crash_dresdner_dc_2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Lordtrader...
If I can keep your ass out of KALI I'll pay triple that amount!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top