Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2001 9:40:04 PM EDT
I am on the prowl for a nice Counter Sniper / Hunting Rifle.  I have placed serious consideration on the Remington 700's, Winchester 70's, Savage 110's, and FN Spec. Pol.

I just can't seem to find the one that calls my name, so to speak.  I was dead set on a 26" PSS not long ago, and then flip flopped to the LTR because of the lighter/smaller diameter palm area of the stock.  I'm just not convinced that 20" is enough barrel. An LTR with a 22" or 24" would be ideal. If I could get the LTR stock on the 26" barrel, I would probably be satisfied.  Having shorter fingers, I am concerned about the comfort of the PSS stock.  Based purely from the hunting aspect, I really like the lighter weight 700 Mountain rifles.  I'm not so sure I wanna be toting around a 26" bull barrel through the hills here in NC.  Whenever I think I have found the one that will be a good all purpose bolt action, it is never in the right caliber.  I really wanted to stick with .308, but may be forced to deviate.  This is a tougher decision than I had envisioned.

Anyway.......      

I just ran into this reasonably priced Sako a few minutes ago, and am wanting to get the "low down" on them.  Anyone have any info about this action or stock that may tend to make me run from it?

What the heck is the [i]stecher-type trigger mecanism[/i]?

[img]http://www.internetgunbroker.com/gunpics/Sako/sakotrg_s.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.internetgunbroker.com/Html/guns/new/Sako/sakotrgsmag.html[/url]

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely - something else to look at, Tikka's they have made an true believer out of us.  We have not seen that sort of accuracy out of an "out of the box" rifle in along time.  As a matter of fact if you buy a Tikka from me and are not happy I will buy it back.  The only downfall that we find is that Leupold has not made a set of bases for it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate the Tikka tip.  Like what I have been reading about them the last couple of hours.  Check your mail.  I have a couple of questions.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#3]
^
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#5]
One will NEVER go wrong when buying a new Sako or Tikka. The Tikka rifle packages we have sighted this year seem to be better than ever, they have been under MOA rifles ALL. And those are the light weight barrel hunting versions. The Sako TRG-S is a great choice also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top