Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2001 1:47:43 PM EDT
Here's mine:

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/814/images/O2CONsCoBQIAAEvr3CA_814_16.pjpeg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah. I own a performance car :) --

[img]http://www.supercharger.net/members/david/zr1/David_TA3.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.supercharger.net/members/david/[/url]

And I need to update the site; the new motor makes about 100 more horsepower
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
86 convertible gt with grigs suspension brake upgrade chassis stiffeners and the minimal thing you can do to a 86 engine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nah. I own a performance car :) --

And I need to update the site; the new motor makes about 100 more horsepower
View Quote

Damn, nice car. A buddy of mine has a 99(?) Z28 SS. That thing just hulls. Funny thing though, he like to cruise in my car because it's a convertible. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
just another fellow blue oval
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/NYshooter/98cobra.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
No I don't, cuz fords suck....
Look how long it took the corporate boys to come up with "blue oval" as a slogan.  How original !!!
[x]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
No I don't, cuz fords suck....
Look how long it took the corporate boys to come up with "blue oval" as a slogan.  How original !!!
[x]
View Quote

oh yeah we forgot how cool those YUGO's are just like the one your drive[:P]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I own 3 of them. 1967,1991 and a 1993. My son owns 2. A 1992 and a 2000. Yes, we are a FORD Mustang family!
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice Geo Storm on steroids there DavidC.  

The average guy with average pay would rather build a Mustang equivalent for a hell of a lot less money though.  If you have the cash to build a non-reliable but fast F-body, go right ahead.  The buying public still says that the Mustang is king.

Mustangs are lighter (mine ways 1000 lbs less than this Firebird), cheaper to modify, cheaper to maintain (try changing the sparkplugs on a F-body, let alone a set of heads), have better MPG, and IMHO are just better cars.  Besides, the Camaro-Firebird is kaput in 2002 if the rumors (truth?) hold true.  Hell, where is the Mustang vs. Camaro/Firebird shootout?  It is always the Mustang/Grand National shootout which the Mustangs always win, the Camaros can't even compete.  But, I will stand corrected on this as I have not followed racing to closely the past year.

Not to stab my fellow Blue Oval followers in the back but I have to admit that new Corvette is pretty damn nice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Excuse me ????  Yugo ????  NO WAY !!!!
I'm a amc pacer fan......maybe a gremlin, or a matador.... Now AMC Knew how to style a car !!!
[BD]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
Excuse me ????  Yugo ????  NO WAY !!!!
I'm a amc pacer fan......maybe a gremlin, or a matador.... Now AMC Knew how to style a car !!!
[BD]
View Quote

hell yeah now your talking. a snot green gremlin with black rally stripes across the doors & swoop up to the roof line[:E][img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/NYshooter/nategrem.jpg[/img]
edited to add or chicken yellow

Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Slushstang Slobra?

Am an F-body guy, also.

But seriously, nice cars guys.

Story:
Father relocated before mom moved a few weeks later. Out of school at first job, dad buys a shiny new red Corvair convertible. Picks mom up at the airport, where there is Iacocca's new Mustang on display. Mom says to dad, "So when will you get one of these?" After the Corvair, grew up with 3 'Stangs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Slushstang Slobra?
NOT!  it's a 1998. in 99 they screwed up the 4.6  motor. Ford recalled them to add perform parts to bring the power rating back up to what they claimed it was in the 1st place.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Mustangs are very nice.  One thing I like about them is that most are manual trannies, while most Firebirds and Camaros are automatics.  I guess that really says more about the drivers,  huh?  Anyway, I thought I would post a picture of my toy.  280hp from 80 cubic inches with a turbo.  160+.  Not much off the line, no low end torque, but top end is good.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/023/rW/de/BO/oT37899.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#16]
brouhaha,
So you like the "pay the price for 6-8weeks paid vacation for workers" in Stuttgart? Or Nippon's Infinity Q, or Lexus's?

If it's Italian, well, okay.

But if one doesn't notice the V8 idle of an American Musclecar, wonder if likes girls, or AR's.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]
brouhaha,
Agree about GM & mopar, but . . .

Is the M *that* fast?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a '98 Mustang and canNOT get rid of that damned SQUEAKING in the front suspension. New struts didn't help. *I* can hear it, but the service techs CAN'T seem to locate it. Help.....? TIA

Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#20]
shooter1201,
Yeah, turn up the radio.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
just another fellow blue oval
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/NYshooter/98cobra.jpg[/img]
View Quote

NYshooter,

Nice ride. I took a ride in a buddy's 95 R around a race track in Sonoma. The track was Sears Point. That car handled very nicely considering it's a muscle car.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#23]
well i got me a 65 gt, though im still werey early in the restoration process when its done ill show you guys some pictures, but right now its on blocks, has no paint , no interior, the old little v6 on the floor( gettin Cobra v8) ,and rust holes on the bottom of the doors. all in all right now its not somethin to brag about..... but it will be soon [:D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's mine:
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=811601&a=5898366&p=52217737&Sequence=0[/img]

the Avanti II on the left was mine too.  Sold both to get an '01 Tundra.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Guard -

Yeah, it's much cheaper to build a Fox body stang than an f-body. Though the newer stangs are more expensive to build up than an f-body.

And I don't have any reliability problems; the car has been a daily driver (60k plus miles, including 3 x-country road trips) and still gets over 25 MPG on the highway, so I doubt you get better gas milage. Of course, I'm not a 16yo with a backwards baseball cap, so I don't really see the appeal of the Fox bodies ;)

As far as Mustang vs F-body shootouts, they hold two per year at my local track (Englishtown) and their don't ever seem to be many stangs left at the end; the f-body guys end up racing other f-bodies. But I don't drag race all that often as the car is set up for rpad racing.

That's part of the reason for the weight; that and the fact that the driver adds close to 300 lbs, though the current car weight, after the last set of mods is about 150 lbs less. Most of my f-body friends who are more serious about drag racing have cars that weigh ~ 3400 full up.

Anyway, it's more fun to take turns fast than drive fast in straight lines. So if you'd like to meet up at the strip on on the road course, I'll be happy to line up next to you. At least we're not driving rice ;-)

David<
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got a Mustang, and thats how I got the nickname Ponyboy. Its a Black 1994 GT - optional 17" wheels, saddle leather interior, trick flow twisted wedge aluminum heads, GT40 upper/lower, Crane roller rockers, Ford Motosport B303 cam, MAC shorty headers and off-road H-pipe, Ford Motosport mass air/throttle body, 24lb fuel injectors, WALBRO 190 litre/hr fuel pump all naturally aspirated.

Pull up next to me in your "cute" little Camero....You'll lose.

Ponyboy

Fords Forever
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Ponyboy - It's "Camaro" not "Camero."

And while my racing you wouldn't be too fair to you, I have plenty of friends who drive f-body's down in Texas who would be more than happy to line up next to you and hand you your head. Apparently you've been racing a lot of V6 Camaros. They're a good match up for a stock Mustang GT. Of course, with your mods, you're probably a match for a stock LS1 car.

I wonder if fueling the Mustang vs F-body argument on a firearms board is considered starting a flame war :-)

David<
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I've gotta a mildly modified '92 notch.

Hey Ponyboy,

How do you like those Trick Flow heads?  I opted for the Edelbrocks myself 'cuz of some of the rumors floating around about the quality of the TFS heads.  Of course I made this decision about 2 years ago.  Just wondering?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#29]
[url]http://atreides.dynip.com/mustang[/url]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry about that..Camaro then...Have you ever tried reading things backwards in a rear view mirror? It aint as easy as it sounds...

I wouldn't know much about racing 6 cylinder Chevys, I usually don't give them the pleasure of hearing a real engine being throttled up. I just sit there and let them count the cylinders firing. And who is talking about their friends cars here? Ive got a friend with a Porsche 911 Turbo S (fastest production car from 0-100) that would hand you your head, what does that have to do with anything? If thats the case then my daddy can beat up your daddy....

Matt S- Im really happy with the Trick Flows. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be when I first put them on but a couple of weeks later when I added the upper and lower intake the whole package came to life. I think the main problem with the 302 engine is that the intake and exhaust is so restricted. Ive got several friends that went with TF's as well and Ive yet to hear of any problem that they have had either.

Michael
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#31]
got an old one----1970 Mach 1 with 428

Powderburner
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Got a '96 4.6 T-Bird, does that count?
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#33]
John91498- Nice pic!  You've gotta tell us how long it took to get the wheels in the exact same postion!  (or was that by chance?)  Anyway, here's mine:

[img]http://pongopix.com/upload2/dcar61/jojo.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't own one, but I love the look of the '67 Mustang Fastback:

[img]http://www.rosbyco.com/fmac/mustangRF.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#35]
My wife has 91 5.0 LX that is in Mint shape,
It just turned 70,000 and it runs great.
When we test drove it I put it through it paces and I bet it hasn't been over 4800 rpm since.

She changes the oil every 3000 miles and the only work we've had done is upgrading the front brakes and 2 sets of tires. Still has the original clutch.

If we ever sell it someone is going to get a great deal.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Ponyboy -

There's a guy with a 911 S that turns up in my run group at Summit Point pretty often; I kill him on the straights (which makes sense since I have about 2x the horsepower and only 1.33x the weight) and he murders me in the turns, (lighter car, bigger brakes), but we run about the same lap times (since we're at about the same level as drivers, that makes sense, too).

I only brought up friends car's since you're in TX. If we ever happen to be in the same state at the same time I'd be happy to run you. That way, you'll know how to spell "Trans Am" since you'll be able to see it for a second or two before I pull too far ahead for you to see it.

David<
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#37]
DavidC,
Great info about you and buddy having same lap times at Summit.

Around here in Pittsburgh, the youths 16-twentysomethings are all going rice. Coffee can exhausts, decals on all glass. Think it was from camaroz28.com, that they aren't about performance, but with the "appearance" of performance. Look great sideways on Speed Vision, but sound ridiculous on these quiet summer nights.

Back to *us*, all the magazines say from time to time,

"Mustang guys buy Mustangs
Camaro guys buy Camaro's
Firebird guys buy Firebirds
Mopar guys buy Mopar."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top