User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2001 5:32:54 AM EDT
[url]http://tampatrib.com/News/MGA0GHH2CPC.html[/url]
LEO's walking on eggshells; politicians abandon
LEO's; 77 shootings this year to date!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
My inlaws are from Cincinnati and I lived there for three years.  Its a real bullshit situation.  The LEO's can't enforce the law because Rhyming Reverends like Damon Lynch bring lawsuits against the city every time there is a shootout between police and a black man.  It does not matter the the black man initiated the gunfight,  they just say  "another black man killed by Cincinnati police".  So now the police department have their hands tied.  They have been backing off,  black on black crime is skyrocketing because of the lack of consequences.  I am not prejudice nor do I believe that these preachers views represent the WHOLE black community.  I think that the Black Citizens of Cincinnati need to unite against the few that are misleading and misrepresenting you.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
"Rhyming Reverends "----LOL

Unfortunately,  the squeeky wheels always get he grease, when sometimes they need to be replaced, Ya know?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Another case of "be careful what you wish for, you may get it"
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Make that 78 shootings since the riots. A 2 year old baby boy was shot today as a result of black on black violence. The poor kid got caught in the middle of a shootout. He's in critical condition with two wounds to the chest and abdomen. The black comunity is calling for an end to the violence, and to get the "EVIL" guns off the street. The LEO'S I know personaly are so bound up in red(or any color you prefer) tape, that they can't do their job. The black comunity handcuffs the police when they try to do their job, and cry out when they can't due to charges of racism. (I know LEO's of of both white and black races, and one of Hispanic decent. Their concerns are the same. They aren't allowed to do their job, out of fear of retribution from the black comunity.) Crime and violence has dramaticly increaced since the riots. Whats wrong with this picture?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of back in the 80's, when crack cocaine came onto the scene.  It started ravaging blacks in inner cities, and black leaders demanded the gov't take action.  So they increased the penalties for dealing and possessing crack.  Problem is, who's selling the crack to blacks?  Why other blacks, of course.  

So now you have a situation where the penalties are lighter for dealing/having powder cocaine which whites use more, and prisons are filling up with young brothers. And what do black leaders say?  "It's racist!"

Like you said, Javak, be careful what you wish for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top