User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
MM, i see what you are saying, credibility does matter, if a man is not credible to begin with then most of what he says is discarded. i have not done my homework on andre, my point was that to attack his credibility BECAUSE of what he says is wrong.

Quoted:

Not to nitpick (please don't take this as an attack), but I find the Gallileo example slightly off-topic.  Gallileo made TESTABLE claims - and that is a requirement for theory.  If conspiracy theorists would point out WHAT would satisfy them that there is no conspiracy, then we'd be going somewhere.
View Quote

- no attack taken! my point with this example was that to enter a situation with a fixed mindset, kind of defeats the ability to debate - it was the Catholic Church that persecuted him, because of their inability to be flexible on certain issues. an open mind is all i ask when debating, the ability to accept the POSSIBILTY of truth in what we disbelieve is at issue. OT, maybe, i do see your point about bringing some evidence to the table however...

yes, your examples are good ones. i would try not to let my emotions rule when deciding if their was truth in them or not...aliens? why not! God is capable of many strange things! have you ever seen a platypus?  [;)]

personally, i love to raise the "tin-foil" flag to see who salutes! to me its fun, and i just try to keep it all light-hearted!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I really believe that his posts are intended to be taken like those post by the mall security dude, kind of tongue in cheek.  

They are meant to be humorous.

You make it even more funny by taking them seriously.

Next time agree with the post and see how much more absurd you can make it and keep a straight face.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top