Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 7/16/2001 5:34:37 PM EDT
OK, I love my contender in .218bee, but I need some help with shooting it. Off hand I can do just fine on rock chucks out to about 60yds, past that??? I tried resting it on my knees, works for close range, not for 100yds. I tried, and I forget the name, prone, on my back resting on my leg. But, I had a hard time finding a flat spot on a hill side to make it work. I was shooting down hill and to the right. What do you T/C shooters do?rest? I would rather not put a bipod on it. I like its compactness with the 10". And I know, practice!Thanks, guns762
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:56:55 PM EDT
The position is called Creedmore. Has always seemed to spastic and/or unsafe to me. (HOT BBL HOT BBL HOT BBL---MUZZLE OUCH BLAST) If you don't want to use a bipod take a look at the walking stick/shooting rest combos. A sling will help also. (pulls up tight on extension) Go to Fox Ridge Outfitters to see the above acc's. I shoot 223,30-30, and 308 TC's but just off the bench with bipod or bags.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:15:49 PM EDT
I go with shooting sticks! They are infinetly adjustable... I do a lot of practicing from realistic positions....aint no cement beches in the woods... stick will work prone, sitting, and standing if there big enough.... I have a pair that break down like a tent pole with elastic inside. I think I got the from eith fox ridge or cabellas. There slick. Check them out.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:34:00 AM EDT
Thanks guys, I'll look into the shooting sticks idea. guns762
Top Top