Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2001 1:54:30 AM EDT
What do you think reguarding foreign involvement?

Most SHTF scenarios are portrayed as an internal struggle, i.e. us vs. US GOV.  But there are many who would like to, let's say, see the US as less of a threat (or plunder it's wealth and resources).  So why would they allow "the people" to restore order?  Wouldn't it be easier to help the tyrannical government?

Responses Welcomed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking that if a SHTF scenario ever did come to fruition,  then nobody in their right mind would ever think about stepping on US soil.   They'd get their heads blown off.

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
^^bump.^^
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
One cannot overlook the sheer number of troops that China would be able to deposit on our soil.  I think that they would be our most likely adversary in such a scenario.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd say when the S really HTF, it'll be nuclear.  And then nothing matters much.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One cannot overlook the sheer number of troops that China would be able to deposit on our soil.  I think that they would be our most likely adversary in such a scenario.
View Quote

How would the Chinese get their troops here? They don't have enough heavy-lift aircraft and their navy is a joke. I'm not flaming, I just want to raise the point and ask for any opinions.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

-------------------
“The mission of the Marine rifle squad is to locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel the enemy’s assault by fire and close combat.”
--Guidebook for Marines
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#8]

How would the Chinese get their troops here? They don't have enough heavy-lift aircraft and their navy is a joke.

How about a container ship full-O-troops instead of toys, gadgets and trinkets?  Wonder how many chinese troops could fit into a couple of those...
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How would the Chinese get their troops here? They don't have enough heavy-lift aircraft and their navy is a joke. I'm not flaming, I just want to raise the point and ask for any opinions.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

-------------------
“The mission of the Marine rifle squad is to locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel the enemy’s assault by fire and close combat.”
--Guidebook for Marines
View Quote

They have thousands in Panama and Mexico. Their
Premier was in Cuba days ago and toured South
and Central America. COSTCO has more transports than the US. Where there is a will there is a
way and they got the will.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I think that the only country in the world that can go to war against the USA, is the USA itself, therefore the SHTF will be an “inside job”, know what I mean?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
I cannot think of any nation that comes near having the logistical capabilities needed to wage any sort of war in the US.... China may in 10-15 years, Russia has either sold off most of thier stuff or let it fall into disrepair.
View Quote

I'm with Garand Shooter on this one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I would not under estimate Russia as of yet. Of course they have their own internal problems and struggles but they are still moving forward with there technology. Where do you think all their money is going. The people have not seen a ruble of it. They get poorer and poorer and are barely surviving in the outlying areas.
The Oligarches are controlling all the money.
Russia probably has more natural resources than any other country on this earth. How long can this B.S. last. They are constantly upgrading their nuclear arsenal and they have chemical/biological weapons far ahead of us. They have done a lot of very advanced research in the chemical/biological areas. And a lot of this stuff is really very scary if it is ever implemented.

As for China, the American people do not have any idea how much they are undermining us.

As for the Russian/Chinese relationship, there is a lot more going on there than we know. This is a very serious and possibly scary combination. Add to this mix the Central American communist countries and I do not think that I need to elaborate on the subject much more.

I sure hope that U.S. intelligence is keeping close tabs on these countries that I have mentioned.

Russia has the advanced technology, China has a growing technology and manpower, and Central and South America has the global position.
And the Mexican border is a big open doorway unless we do something about it soon.

I am pretty sure if it should happen that there will not be much that anyone can do. The U.S. is going to be a glowing ball of radiation for a few decades unless we actually can build some kind of nuclear defense shield that will work.
Or it is going to be some type of Chemical/Biological war that happens internally.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They have thousands in Panama and Mexico. Their
Premier was in Cuba days ago and toured South
and Central America. COSTCO has more transports than the US. Where there is a will there is a
way and they got the will.
View Quote

This SUCKS.  This is the fourth post from Hangfire that I totally agree with.   I need psychiatric counseling ASAP!    [BD]

He's right on target.  Remember --  China now controls most of the Panama Canal.  (and almost took control of a California port during the Klinton years)
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I was thinking that if the citizens ever have to go up against the U.S. government, we're @%*!ed.  Do you think your small arms are a match for howitzers, PGMs, anti-tank weapons, etc?[pistol]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#16]
^^
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm thinking that if a SHTF scenario ever did come to fruition,  then nobody in their right mind would ever think about stepping on US soil.   They'd get their heads blown off.

[:D]
View Quote

Providing the citizenry is still armed when it happened!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#18]
There is a great division among the people, worse than before the revolution and so-called civil war, but any invasion for an outside enemy would bring them together, but after is anyones guess!!!!!! SAD BUT TRUE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top