Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2001 5:57:20 AM EDT
I've had my eyes open for a preban for a couple of months now, and it seems prices for preban rifles and lowers are on the decline.  Would anyone like to speculate why this is?  Will the market turn around, or will prices continue to fall?  Will Bush reverse the ban?  Please comment.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Sprayboy,

It's not just with guns. We and most of the rest of the world are in a recessionary environment, if not a recession. Take a look at Japan. What is happening, and it is my educated guess, since my background is in finance, is that we are headed for a deflationary period. I would hold off making any purchases of high-priced collectibles, real estate, etc. until the picture becomes more clearer. I have noticed this also, as far as guns go, and it reinforces my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, its down, and I do agree with brophgg, but I think part of the problem is also the time of year.  From what I've seen and experienced (as an FFL), sales are slow until about the third quarter -end of the summer- when guys start to think about hunting season and get themselves into the gunstore.  At that point, even if they're just in to buy some ammo for deer season, they usually check out some guns and start to think about another firearm purchase.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Prices maybe down from Y2K, but to me, they seemed to be inching up from what they were earlier in the year.

I used to see a lot of Colt lowers for $850-$900, now they seem to be $900-$975.

Perhaps prices on non-documentable lowers are dropping, and prices for bonafide documentables are going up?  
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree also,with the exception of the high $$$$ collectable's which seem to have leveled out.I'm glad I didn't but my prebans as an investment as was told mrs.mmk.The preban AK market has dropped even further then the AR's have.you can now get a pre poly tech nib for $300 less then i payed for used a year ago.mmk
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top