Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job man.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Marine on the corner with the SAW was shot shortly after the picture was taken...he was OK we called for medivac and the Army (Gen Sanchez) wouldnt authorize a Medivac. so we put him in our little birds and flew him 70 mi north back to Baghdad and then rearmed and flew right back down.

here is the story in a nutshell:

The 5 man BW crew that was assinged tto CPA Najaf were coming under heavy small arms and mortor fire, the city was being taken over by insurgents. The Police stations and hospitals were taken by as well, after a day of fighting off hundreds of insurgents the city had been completly overran, with the CPA in the heart of the city and no way out.

the Team called up to Baghdad and reported the situation.  they said they needed immediate extract which Gen Sanchez also denined due to the fact the city had been overran and they were no US troops there, only contractors.  Well Ambassador Bremer was pissed at sanchez and I remember being on office watch during the massive arguments! ambassador bremer and our Baghdad TM Leader got together and Bremer said "I dont want another Bridge hanging! Get those boys out of there by any means nessassary!"  so 12 of us 6pilots and 6 gunners loaded as much as we could in 3 MD530 little birds and headed 70 miles south.  we flew in the first day and blind (no comms, and no intel on the heat) to try a resupply, land find out was was going on and then head back, rearm and get ready to go again.  Well that night all hell broke lose and we flew back in.  Over 1000 insurgents (reported by the F18 pilots) had taken the city and now wanted the CPA after a day of intense fighting by  11 BW guys, airstrikes, a handfull of Marines and 1 sniper we were able to hold them off.  After it DIED down and  gunships and SF guys finnally started to roll in the battle was soon over and we the CPA was saved.
That pretty much it in a nut shell...

TH

Jackasses learn nothing from mogadishu?

Oh Val,
Your West point cousin; class and company please.
If I learned anything at that estemed institute for wayward men, don't judge the man on the ground.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If I learned anything at that estemed institute for wayward men, don't judge the man on the ground.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
These vids are becoming addictive.

+1
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't work for liberals anymore. Why do you think I voted for bush and own guns. And an nra member. my cousin is sitting right here and he went to west point and saw action in the war. he says the video is not that good.

If he went to the point, what gate is the Thyer Hotel next to? What gate is the on base hospital next to? What raod leads to the stadium? Once he graduated, what was his MOS? What's his current MOS? What "action" did he see to say the video wasnt that good?

Talk is cheap on the internet
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I was say the video was pretty good. In a situation like that, anything is good. The end was the best
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Marine on the corner with the SAW was shot shortly after the picture was taken...he was OK we called for medivac and the Army (Gen Sanchez) wouldnt authorize a Medivac. so we put him in our little birds and flew him 70 mi north back to Baghdad and then rearmed and flew right back down.

The 5 man BW crew that was assinged tto CPA Najaf were coming under heavy small arms and mortor fire, the city was being taken over by insurgents. The Police stations and hospitals were taken by as well, after a day of fighting off hundreds of insurgents the city had been completly overran, with the CPA in the heart of the city and no way out.

the Team called up to Baghdad and reported the situation.  they said they needed immediate extract which Gen Sanchez also denined due to the fact the city had been overran and they were no US troops there, only contractors.  Well Ambassador Bremer was pissed at sanchez and I remember being on office watch during the massive arguments! ambassador bremer and our Baghdad TM Leader got together and Bremer said "I dont want another Bridge hanging! Get those boys out of there by any means nessassary!"  so 12 of us 6pilots and 6 gunners loaded as much as we could in 3 MD530 little birds and headed 70 miles south.  we flew in the first day and blind (no comms, and no intel on the heat) to try a resupply, land find out was was going on and then head back, rearm and get ready to go again.  Well that night all hell broke lose and we flew back in.  Over 1000 insurgents (reported by the F18 pilots) had taken the city and now wanted the CPA after a day of intense fighting by  11 BW guys, airstrikes, a handfull of Marines and 1 sniper we were able to hold them off.  After it DIED down and  gunships and SF guys finnally started to roll in the battle was soon over and we the CPA was saved.

TH

This AAR's much better than the video, it adds so much more, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#9]
The guy who shot the video seemed like a real character. I bet he's a hoot to be around. His mannerisms, facial expressions and commentary were all hilarious. And all of that while a firefight is going on. A cool dude if you ask me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

TH

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
<snip for space>

Woah!!!

"Hand MF'n Salute"

"Two"

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:49:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't work for liberals anymore. Why do you think I voted for bush and own guns. And an nra member. my cousin is sitting right here and he went to west point and saw action in the war. he says the video is not that good.

If he went to the point, what gate is the Thyer Hotel next to? What gate is the on base hospital next to? What raod leads to the stadium? Once he graduated, what was his MOS? What's his current MOS? What "action" did he see to say the video wasnt that good?

Talk is cheap on the internet

Ah shit.
Its been 12 years for me.  I couldn't tell you what gates are what.  You would have to leave to know that shit.  Though the Thayer Hotel gate is an easy one, the rest I have no fucking idea.
Better questions are what regiments live in what barracks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:50:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not sure what part you are laughing about.
I'm not sure I want to know.

I take no credit for generals.
The frontal lobotomy starts are CGSC and is completed at the war college.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:21:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

TH

Shit man, i ever see you in person i'll buy ya a damn drink!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Has Gen. Sanchez been relieved yet?
Matthew
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The guy who shot the video seemed like a real character. I bet he's a hoot to be around. His mannerisms, facial expressions and commentary were all hilarious. And all of that while a firefight is going on. A cool dude if you ask me.

All the guys are a hoot to be around! and you have to remember were all Special Operations guys and if we have all learned one thing: its to keep a sense of humor going and to be able to laugh even in the worst of times.  trust me were not trying to be cowboys or make fun of the situation, were just keeping moral high, and keeps guys in the fight and prevents them from getting stagnet.

Think about it: your tense, tired, hungry, sick of getting shot at, and wondering when this is all going to be over and then all the sudden someone says: "I wonder what would happen if we shot a F-ken AT4 at the moon.......now thats an ice breaker!

Smiles and Cries man...thats all we have in the shit

TH  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Smiles and Cries man...thats all we have in the shit

TH  

Nice quote... good movie as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#21]
SIMPLYDYNAMIC, Can/Do you BW guys get care packages?  If so what need where to send?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Bumpity, bump bump bump.

Still looking for the littlebird vid
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#23]
SD,

You get those videos up yet?

Justin
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think he's still working on it.

Oh, OK.  Didn't mean to sound impatient.

SD,

You can try hosting your videos at Putfile.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
This is the SECOND time valblade has stuck his head neck deep into something he obviously has no clue about. Valblade, this video was simply just a few minutes worth of a fight that lasted HOURS, with enough ordnance sent downrange that they had to be resuppied by helicopter at least once (maybe twice, I foget now) with more ammo. This was about 12 men fighting off HUNDREDS of enemy attackers. There is a steak dinner at my expense waiting for EVERY SINGLE ONE of those guys if I ever meet them. One for sure is going to get his dinner if I have to go drag him to it.

Let me know where to send in the check to cover part of the expenses.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Here are a few to hold you over 'til this works itself out...........

a few retreads, but each will bring that special grin (the one you get knowing Haji got it..)

Here's a couple dozen shorties - but special nonetheless

and if SD takes a little longer, There are some great ones here to keep you busy a while - don't miss the AC130 and jets vid!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#28]
BTT, still waiting on the new vid. Thanks for what you guys do over there SD.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Bumpity, bump bump bump.

Still looking for the littlebird vid

http://www.militaryvideos.net/images/bw_in_baghdad.jpg Torrent 22mb
if you dont have bit torrent

Quoted:
You can try hosting your videos at Putfile.

I have already talked to SD about hosting it and put file has a maximum of 10mb files and he already tried uploading it on rapid share but rapid share has a maximum of 50mb
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Great video, SD

Thanks for sharing!!

and kudos to doubletap_1911
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#31]
is that a new video or the same old one?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Are'nt you all glad it's almost time for school to start again?  
I don't know if I could take much more of the summer vacation bunch......
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#33]
sorry guys I have been busy today I will get the video up by tomorrow! I actually have 2 vids but im having trouble finding a good host the videos are 100mb plus...so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free.

Thanks

TH

Thanks far all the support as well, really means alot to us guys!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Did this video get dumped or something?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
sorry guys I have been busy today I will get the video up by tomorrow! I actually have 2 vids but im having trouble finding a good host the videos are 100mb plus...so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free.

Thanks

TH

bittorrent
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Thanks

TH

No, thank YOU for preserving our freedom.  If you're ever in NY, give me a call bro.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Grrrr, I messed up big time.

I clicked Real Players as the file I wanted to use to open the video, but oops Real Player cannot open bittorrents it seems and just as I clicked "Ok" I noticed that the box in the "What program do you want to use to open..." selection window that says, "Do not ask this again" was checked. Now I cannot get WMP to open the vid because it keeps downloading the torrent link as RM.

Could someone please tell me where to go to uncheck that little bastard so I can watch these bit torrent files?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Grrrr, I messed up big time.

I clicked Real Players as the file I wanted to use to open the video, but oops Real Player cannot open bittorrents it seems and just as I clicked "Ok" I noticed that the box in the "What program do you want to use to open..." selection window that says, "Do not ask this again" was checked. Now I cannot get WMP to open the vid because it keeps downloading the torrent link as RM.

Could someone please tell me where to go to uncheck that little bastard so I can watch these bit torrent files?

Thank you.hr

first you need to download bit torrent
www.bittorrent.com/dl/BitTorrent-4.0.3.exe
then you need a client
Azureus
once all is installed double click the torrent file a window will pop up asking where you want to save the file choose the desktop then let it download
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I take it the video has suddenly become difficult to obtain through "normal" channels?

If anyone has it saved I'll host it for a week or so so everyone can pull it down onto their computers.

E-mail me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#41]
for the bittorrent challenged, how do you open?  I downloaded the program, but can't get it to run
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Yikes, I didn't know I needed to download all that. I thought Bit Torrent was just another kind of downloading service.

Thanks for the info, cleared up a confusion. I think I'll wait for someone to host it.

I think a lot of people have used rapidshare.com to host large vids. Just need to wait 35 or so seconds for a download ticket to get the vid free. Just an idea since putfile didn't work.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Blackwater does employ someone to keep track of all this, right?

Cause its gonna make great books some day- and they can write it off as 'training aids'...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Blackwater does employ someone to keep track of all this, right?

Cause its gonna make great books some day- and they can write it off as 'training aids'...

No doubt, that's why I wish someone could find a good helmet cam to employ with these guys. Nothing makes a good training film like the real thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Look back a few pages, im still hosting the original...Here

Unless your talking of another one....

Quoted:
I take it the video has suddenly become difficult to obtain through "normal" channels?

If anyone has it saved I'll host it for a week or so so everyone can pull it down onto their computers.

E-mail me.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#46]
tag
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Though i do not like racism in any form, I can forgive what was said in the heat of battle. I have never come under fire like that but I can imagine the words flowing out of anyone's mouth at the time is forgiveable. That's in response to #1.

All I said was that it was "politically incorrect".  Way I figure it, if a feller is shootin' at me that gives me carte blanche to call him, his family, his genetic structure, and his dog whatever I see fit.

Soldiers are taught to dehumanize their enemy to make killing easier.  By calling the enemy names such as gook(sp), Charlie, etc the soldier no longer has to think of the people he is killing as other people.  David Grossman was one of the first to research the field. KILLOLOGY It is mentioned in a lot of military/sociology type books. Most recently, I saw it mentioned in Shooter as an explanation for the names the Marines in Iraq use to describe the locals.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#48]
TAG
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Cool videos guys......keep them coming and stay safe!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/simplydynamic/CS.jpg

Forgive me for asking, and no, I am really not trying to be an asshole, but is that a woman?

If not, I sincerely apologise, but for some reason, my first thought is that the shooter was female.

Chris
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top