Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 8:53:16 PM EDT
If you burn many cds for people surely someone has ran into the same problem I have.  I burned a few cdrs and the other guys 2+yr old cdrom drive cant read it.  Media was 700meg cdrs.  If I used 650meg cdrs would it help his drive to read it or do I need to tweak settings in my software?  I can use Fireburner and EZ CD Creator...HELP!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The likely culprit is the 700MB CD-R.

All though if it is a cheap no name CD drive it may have problems with all CD-Rs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
your friend cdr firmware is outdated. if the maker of his cd-rom has a web site goto and update the software for his unit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
your friend cdr firmware is outdated. if the maker of his cd-rom has a web site goto and update the software for his unit.
View Quote

Chances are that a 2+ year old CD drive isn't going to have any firmware updates but its worth a look.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Chances are that a 2+ year old CD drive isn't going to have any firmware updates but its worth a look.
View Quote

yeah but he didn't state if is was a bullshit Hi-val drive or something kick ass like a plextor. cheapo drives all have a hard time reading no frills disks

also he might only have it for 2 years but it could be a unit that sat somewhere for 5 years?
Top Top