Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2001 8:34:15 PM EDT
Looking for the best hot wings.  I have in my area a BW3, Wings n More (or Wings n Things), and a Hooters.  I personally like the BW3 wings at "hot" and wet level.  Any other franchises to look/lick for?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Long Wongs!!! Downtown Tempe, Arizona.

Best damn wings on the planet. Medium, Hot, Suicide.

Medium is for everyday consumtion.

Hot is when you want to get drunk (need alot of beer to wash it down).

Suicide is when you want to piss off someone. Slip one in their plate of medium, and that person will run like hell when it hits their tongue. Or when when you are really drunk and try to be macho, it just doesn't work.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hooters Three Mile Island are good and hot and the scenery is better than BW3.  But if you really like hot, you can't beat the BW3's Blazin sauce to really light you up today ---and tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
THE WING STOP..............Dallas, Texas.
Flavors
Hot
Mild
Cajun
ATOMIC
Hawaian
Parmesan
Garlic......some weird stuff.
GG
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a place near me that makes great honey-mustard wings. BW3's milds are pretty good. The hooters near me went out of business because the girls weren't hot enough to make up for the bad and expensive food. They need to start a chain of BW3's with strippers. Now those would be good wings.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looking for the best hot wings.  I have in my area a BW3, Wings n More (or Wings n Things), and a Hooters.  I personally like the BW3 wings at "hot" and wet level.  Any other franchises to look/lick for?
View Quote

Leadfly,

I don't know where you are located but if the East half of the united states isn't too far to travel may I recommend;

[url]http://www.bestwingsusa.com[/url]

I am sure that many of the board members from western PA will attest that Quaker Steak & Lube has some great food (esp wings) and atmosphere.
rm
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Sharky's in downtown Blacksburg VA!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#9]
The one I make is the best in this country IMHO.

Should make about 3lbs of wings,Here's the recipe:

[i]All would be 1 tbsp[/i]
Curry powder
Mustard powder
Chili powder
Cayene pepper
Black pepper
Paprika
Honey
Dave's Insanity Sauce
Dave's Hoppin Habanero

1/4 cup hot chili oil
3 cups of BBQ sauce

Mix all of the ingredients together and set to the side.
Deep fry wings.
Toss in sauce.
Enjoy.

Wing Stop here in TX is not bad. I usually get the Texas Heat flavor.

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Call me when you get near buffalo......you`ll get any kind of wings you want!.......[pyro]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#11]
BW3= OK wings for beer drinking-kinda skimpy
Hooters=Every time I go ther I accidentally say "I will have a order of tits....wings good, lots of meat.

Froggys(?) in LA= went there many years ago, 10 cent wings eat 50 and their free...only at 36...

Recipie of local hot spot for wings:

1. Deep fry 10 wings until golden and crisp (do not over fry)
2. Get frying pan add 1-1.5 tblspn butter
3. add a dash of cayenne pepper  to butter and/or some fresh minced garlic if you want.
4. dump wings in pan, toss over med-high heat for a minute (let em sizzle a bit, but dont burn butter)
5. Add hot sauce-I recommend Durkee Red Hot (Franks Red Hot) toss over heat again.

I usually pan fry them until a little "drier" than most, but you can cook to taste.  I am not a big fan of squishy, slimy wings.  I think the real secret here is deep frying the wings with clean/hot oil.

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sorry, but if Hooters' wings are the best you have had, you haven't had much.  BW3 ain't much to write home about either.

Best wings I have come accross are Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon, PA (they now have some other locations in Ohio as well).  In my experience, wings outside of the W. NY, W. Pa. and Ohio area just plain suck.

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:37:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the ones that I make myself at home, but second to that, at least in my area, is Hooters.  Plus, the scenery is usually good!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#14]
1) "The Brew Pub" in Williamsville, NY

2) "Travelers Rest" on Rt40 just south of Ohiopyle, PA ([i]biker & kayakers bar[/i])

[b]All others need not apply![/b]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#15]
My sugestion is a combiation of what alot of you have said.  Most of your favorite wing places sell their sauces. (I know BW3 and Wings and Rings do here in Ohio)  and then go buy some meaty wings at the grocery.  You deep fry your wings (You can get a great deep fryer for about 60 bucks, great for other fatty foods too Fries, cheese sticks, halapeno poppers) and toss in the sauce.  You can add as much or as little as you like.  I have tried to make some home made wing sauces but I don't think you can get a better sauce than Hot or Spicy Garlic at BW3
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Pittsburg... Wings, Suds, n Spuds
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#18]
A lot of people rave about La-Nova wings....they are good, but there are a LOT of places in buffalo to get good wings....thing is, you can order lanova wings by phone or e-mail, and they will express them to you...........[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Before you make a final decision, try the original that all are copied from:

The Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY

That's why most hot wings are known as

"Buffalo Wings"

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Hooters, like many chains, vary from one to the other.  The Hooters in Bay City, MI served some 911 wings that weren't on the menu (story was their legal counsel made advised them to take them off).  UnGODLY hot, and I'm a big hot food fan.

I mean, I'm talking if you eat one, seriously scrub your hands before you piss, or your buddies will find you curled up in an embryotic position in the can....
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Duff`s is one of the most popular.......[smoke].............here`s one...wegman`s..amherst st...no kidding..they have excellent wings right now...there are so many places to get good wings in buffalo, it`s hard to decide.........the list is long, but distinguished.......[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Dang!  I shouldn't have touched this thread just before dinner time!

It's going to take me 5 minutes to clean my keyboard.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Another for Duffs, corner of Millersport and Sheridan (Been 10-16 yr now). Also there is/was a pizza place on Transit Rd just north of Casey in E. Amhest. Nothing in the Dayton area compares, except Hinders in Tipp City.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#25]
My wife and I both enjoy BW3's wings.  I have been to BW3 in Grand Rapids, Houston, and Kansas City and they are awesome every time.

The scenery isn't quite as nice as Hooters, but my wife doesn't share that perspective with me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Suicide is when you want to piss off someone. Slip one in their plate of medium, and that person will run like hell when it hits their tongue. Or when when you are really drunk and try to be macho, it just doesn't work.
View Quote

Yep, here in Phoenix also.

Not to flame ya Guz, but [b]HOT[/b] is for everyday consumption. And yes suicide will cause you to perspire every last bit of moisture out of your body. Yee-Haw  [pyro]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Well this thread got me craving so I stopped of at Wing Stop here in Plano. Got 20pcs Texas Heat with a side of okra.

Then I stopped of at Papa Johns and got a Pepperoni, Mushroom, Olives, and Sausage pizza.

Got home ate it and washed it down with 2 bottles of Sam Adams summer ale.

Sorry no pic, I was too hungry to wait for myself to take a pic. MMMMMMMMMMM
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Duff's, a local place down the road, or The Anchor Bar, originator of buffalo wings. It's good to live in the home of hot wings, Buffalo NY (about the only good thing about living here)
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, here in Phoenix also.

Not to flame ya Guz, but [b]HOT[/b] is for everyday consumption. And yes suicide will cause you to perspire every last bit of moisture out of your body. Yee-Haw  [pyro]
View Quote

Ok, ok.... you got me there. I was trying to be nice for the newbies out there who might roll around and try them.

I generally to down for lunch and it kinda sucks going back to work smelling like sweat and hot sauce [;)]

One thing I have noticed with the Long Wongs around the valley. They all have different versions/tastes of wings. I have tired a couple, but I keep going back to Downtown Tempe. One it is close for me. Two, I just find that they taste better. Three, I love a parade!!! Lots of nice college girls down there! Wooo Hooo!!!

Oh, BTW... Hooters [i]wings[/i] [size=6]SUCK[/size=6]. The girls are awesome, but the wings just plain suck, IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I have to agree with Guzzler and M1A Long Wongs wings are the best.  I of course have to go to the Long Wongs on 43rd & Indian School, luckily that is about two blocks from where I work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top