Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I love to hunt Deer and get my share every year but that one needs to be left to grow and mature.
Albino Deer are pretty Rare around here and there is some talk of them being added to the protected Species lists. I think they are truly one of natures gifts and should be preserved to a point but protected is going to far. I know a couple people who keep Deer who would jump at the chance to raise an Albino.
Thanks for the great pics and story.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cool pic.  This is the second white deer I have seen.  A friends dad caught a baby white deer when we were kids.  They had to give it away when it got big enough to jump a 4 ft fence.  Pretty rare.  I wonder if the doe abandons these fawns when they're born out of shock.

She abandons them, but not out of shock.  She does it for survival reasons.  White is too obvious and draws attention of predators.

AS to the color of the antlers, they will still be be brown.  Don't forget how antlers are formed and from what.  There is no melanin in what is left of the antlers.  However, they will grow white and be in velvet white.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]
i spotted this piebald buck about 3 miles from the whitehouse near Georgetown
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool pics TBK

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
the normal buck on the hill behind him was much more impressive of a whitetail

the piebalds have a gawky build
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top