Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2001 8:16:15 PM EDT
Talked to a friend tonight that does the gun show curcuit. He ordered some 37mm ammo from  [url]www.funammo.com/all1.html[/url] & was told that after Aug. 17 2001, as per ATF regs., they could no longer manufacturer or sell Bird Bombs/Flash Bangs. Flares & other items were OK for now.
Anybody else heard about this[?][?]

If there is any truth to this stock up now before the prices go sky high.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh.  I know that a 37mm launcher [b]and[/b] anti-personnel ammo require ATF registration.  But, that's been the rule for a long time.

Hmm...  One and one are adding up to three here for some reason.....

Mike
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 3:24:20 AM EDT
[#2]
The bird bombs and flash type rounds have the potential with a little tweeking of becoming destructive devices!

The frenzy in D.C. is because they fear a nationwide uprising, in response to their tyranny, so they disarm the people, a little at a time until no more disarming is necessary! Simple agenda, that has always worked in the past, NAZI GERMANY comes to mind here!

Do not be surprised when they outright ban them all together, because of the potential use against them!

Actual facts show, the agenda of total diarming of the worlds civilian population, and guess what, only a few countries have armed civilians, and America is one!

WILL THE SILENT CONSENT OF THE PEOPLE BE THE TYRANTS CONSENT? WE WILL SEE!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 4:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
It's true.  After Aug 17th you will no longer be able to order 37mm or 15mm bird bombs.  15mm bird bombs have been sold out everywhere for about 2 weeks now.

Stock up on 37mm bird bombs at [url]www.fire-balls.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Question?  Does that mean that they will also no longer make the 37mm Launcher as well?  Do you think the launchers which go for under $200 bucks will now sky rocket too?

M.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Fortunately there are a number of sources for the supplies to "make your own".
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Lets say you have a dozen or so of these bird bombs, once fired you have the empty plastic shell left over... seems to me like you should be able to reload it?  Heck, I'd bet you could probably find some 37mm PVC or aluminum tubing... I'd even go so far to say as you could get a machinist to make you some 37mm "cans", you could even drill the hold yourself for a primer or maybe even use a 22LR blank as a primer... load it up with your hearts content :)

M.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Ah ha!  I saved it in my "favorites"... here's Bishop's site on how to reload 37mm... it can be done!

[url]http://hometown.aol.com/bishop042/37MM.html[/url]

M.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#9]
What about the 12 gauge variety?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#10]
bird bombs = bad news

i got a nice gash on the forehead and damn near lost an eye with one of those a couple of 4th of july's ago. right in front of my ex's whole fam damly(!) not cool.

i was mr. cooltoys until my head was in a ball of flash! must've gone off right outside of the tube. shrapnel hit me in the face. needless to say i don't play with those anymore... no one will let me!

i also know of some local dealers who are involved in a lawsuit for a similar incident.

my father-in-law happens to be an attorney, and was encouraging me to sue. i thought it was my own damn fault.

BE CAREFUL! WEAR A HELMET AND GOGGLES IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY WITH THOSE!!
[size=3][red]NO $HIT!![/red][/size=3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#11]
umm i call BullSh*T they have legatimite use ie scraring away the birds in your garden/farm/crop/whatver. just like how i can get rope salutes (read m-80s) in az even thu fireworks ar illegal there just stamped agucalturle use only
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top