Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2001 7:19:05 PM EDT
I'm cleaning two ARs after an afternoon at the range (took a newbie, he's hooked) and I'm thinking, "Man this shit smells good!"

I'm thinking that if I could buy fancy perfume bottles, print lables that say "Hoppes #9 Fancy Perfume" and give it to my girlfriend to use, I might want to spend almost as much time with her as I do my guns. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife prefers it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
to 1 over GI bore cleaner
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#2]
SNORT......AHHHHHHHH, WHAT A RUSH![:P]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I think a small dab behind each of her ears would do wonders for our sex life! I'd wanna grab her like an AR and shove a hi cap in her and....

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Hoppes benchrest #9 After shave, don't know about benchrest #9 perfume.

Hey now Critter, settle down. Keep that between you, your girlfriend and Imbroglio. [:)]

Edited for correction.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Last time we discussed this subject you saw big bugs in your barrels.  One word for you bro,  Ventilation.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Use in a well ventilated room.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh I can see it now, another AR15.com product.
A Hoppes #9 scented douche.[:I][:I][:I]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Last time we discussed this subject you saw big bugs in your barrels.  One word for you bro,  Ventilation.[:D]
View Quote

I swear! I wasn't hallucinating! It was there! One of those big mosquito looking things!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Hoppes gives me a headache. Call me crazy, but I like the smell of CLP in the morning [:D]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I clean my guns outside using Hoppes under the patio cover and away from prying eyes of the neighbors.  The smell is part of the experience of shooting.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I have no choice...
I'm forced to smell it...
Last week I accidently dumped over a whole bottle on my workbench.
It soaked into the wood over a large area, and now my whole downstairs of my house smells of Hoppe's #9.
The largemouth bottle doesn't give you much time to save any either...
The whole damn thing empties out almost immediately...

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:53:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hoppes gives me a headache. Call me crazy, but I like the smell of CLP in the morning [:D]
View Quote

Ahhhh CLP, now there's an memory waiting to be relived.

Gotta luv the stuff.  I think the next time my wife wips up a batch of potpouri, I'm gonna fill a bowl with CLP.

Relaxing, Calming, and Energizing, all at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:06:00 AM EDT
[#13]
The smell of Hoppes after cleaning and the smell of powder on the drive home from the range are two aromas that put a smile on my face.

It is funny how a small whiff (even the next day) will take you back to reflect the wonderful time you had at the range. Sorta like when you were a kid a fingered your first girlfriend and you spent the remainder of the night and next day smelling your fingers and hands and just grinning knowing what a great time you had. OK, some maybe not exactly the same, but you get my point.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have no choice...
It soaked into the wood over a large area, and now my whole downstairs of my house smells of Hoppe's #9.
View Quote

I'm a bit klutzy sometimes, that is why I pour the gun cleaning chemicals into smaller bottles that have a little spout that you flip up to despense, and fold down to close.  I'm always concerned about spilling a whole bottle of that smelly stuff.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:16:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Check out this chick's fetish for Hoppes #9:
[url]http://www.deviantdesires.com/kink/guns/guns.html[/url]

I've read the whole article before but this excerpt doesn't include the reference to Hoppes #9.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I LUV that smell. I also wish I could get the smell of burnt gunpowder in an insence (sp?) or air freshener. :) I can see it now, Glade Guns and Ammo edition, Hoppes & Sulphur Spray and Plug Ins. :)

BrenLover
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Love potion #9
Hoppes #9

Coincidence?  I dont think so....
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey that's already my idea.

It's called ode de' Hoppes.

I just haven't figured out yet how to keep the solvents from causing liver damage.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#19]
dont worry about the liver damage, the skin damage/cancer will get you first....that or the huffing kills too many brain cells.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have no choice...

View Quote

Don't I know it.  You are lucky, you spilled it on the workbench.  My dumb ass just happened to be cleaning over the living room carpet downstairs.  [pissed] Fortunately it was less than half a bottle and did not leave a stain, also it is under a table, but it was very odoriferous for a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#22]
My wife used to hate the smell of Hoppe's #9.
But now that I have an M1A and use lube grease, she thinks #9 is like perfume. I almost can't stand the smell of that lube.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I will usually hang up the bore snake on a nail after I am finished using it and it scents the room with Hoppes for days afterwards.

I think it's getting to my head though... [whacko]

[i]"You have clearance Clarence. Roger, over. Huh?"[/i]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://www.deviantdesires.com/kink/guns/SBgun.jpg[/img]

As with many fetishes, the odor of the weapon is one key to the sensory jolt. The smell of Hoppes' No.9 cleaning fluid is an aphrodisiac to me.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#25]
[:D][sex]
Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Critter, if you like, you can sniff my hands.  I just got done cleaning a bunch of used mags I bought.

Personally, if gives me a headache.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top