Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2001 12:54:04 PM EDT
...provide an active link when trying to direct fellow members to a news article or another website? Just curious. Is the url thing really that difficult? Seems like more and more I see people just type in a url with no thought to taking such a simple step towards making it easier for the rest of us to view.

I've pretty much reached the point where if a link isn't important enough to put a few measly characters at either end, it must not be important enough for me to bother to open a new window to cut and paste it, either.

Maybe I'm just an ungrateful bitch. Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Boomer we live parralell lives....

I emailed a frequent poster with step by step instructions on how the simple act of link activation is.....

I am with ya....No red, non important...

These are the same (Group 2, LOL) people who are too lazy to clean up after themselves...

ONCE more.....  [ url ] www.whatever.com [ /url]     NO SPACES...
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you make a link so you can just click it and not make people cut and paste?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

ONCE more.....  [ url ] www.whatever.com [ /url]     NO SPACES...
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
While we are complaining...

this should work [:d] as listed, but

this works [:D] as in [ :D ]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
People are lazy Böòmer, whatayagonado.

I don't think they're too lazy to put [url]Please-Read-My-Stupid-Link[/url] in, just too lazy to read the damned instructions.

[i]And you're an ungrateful bitch.[/i][;D][;D][;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top