Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 7/7/2001 1:36:31 PM EST
MORE ON ROSIE In our last message, UTGOA informed you that Ace Hardware was using anti-gun hypocrite Rosie O'Donnell to promote sales. Many of you wrote to Ace Hardware (THANK YOU!) and received the following reply: "Thank you for visiting Ace online. We have received your correspondence in regards to Rosie O'Donnell as Ace's spokesperson. Ace Hardware does not employ Rosie O'Donnell as a spokesperson, nor do we have any official relationship or affiliation with her. Recently, Ace Paint was featured on an OurHouse.com segment of the Rosie show. In response to customer inquiries regarding the paint used, we featured a link on our website that highlighted the paint specifications. This link is a direct result of customer inquires to the color schemes used, and our intent is merely to extend the helpful service you are accustomed to in our stores to our online visitors. The appearance of Ace Paint on the show should not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of The Rosie Show's content, nor her personal views. I hope this clarifies our role and that we'll see you in an Ace store soon. Sincerely, Mary Jo Williamson" Some of you have written to ask what's going on. Sadly, what's going on is "spin" at best - or what is more commonly called "lying". The common thread is a company called "OurHouse.com". OurHouse.com is essentially the internet division of Ace Hardware. And OurHouse.com has "teamed up" with Rosie O'Donnell. From the OurHouse.com web site: "Not every great partnership is built in the boardroom. Some are built in a community. Like ours. Over the past six months, OurHouse.com has teamed up with the Rosie O'Donnell Show to help special families in need. Because we know dollars don't measure a home's value - people do." Ace even lists OurHouse.com as an affiliate on their web site! Our thanks to David Codrea for doing much of this research. His article (with more information) is at https://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2166 UTGOA is aware that most Ace Hardware stores are privately owned. If your local Ace Hardware owner is pro-gun, ask him what HE's doing to protest Ace's alliance with Rosie the UnAmerican Hypocrite. And finally, we note that as of right now, Rosie has been removed from the Ace Hardware site. Give yourself a pat on the back!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:45:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:47:53 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:55:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:34:12 PM EST
btt
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:24:31 AM EST
There still is a section of the Ourhome.com webpage that has Rosie and her magazine mentioned on it. [url]http://www.ourhouse.com/cgi-bin/solutions2.jsp?edit_name=solutions2+rosie&contentType=search?BV_SessionID=@@@@0413617608.0994607388@@@@&BV_EngineID=kallgdglmmhbedbjfcfcin.0&searchtext=rosie[/url] I also read the entire post from the keepandbeararms webpage, they make no mention of anything Rosie being pulled from their webpage. When I did a NWS whois lookup I found the following: Ace Hardawre: Registrant: Ace Hardware Corporation (ACEHARDWARE-DOM) 2200 Kennsington Ct Oakbrook, IL 60521 US Domain Name: ACEHARDWARE.COM Administrative Contact, Billing Contact: Wrobel, Robert (RW9463) ACE.WROBEL@MEMO.ACEHARDWARE.COM Ace Hardware Corporation 2200 Kennsington Court Oak Brook, IL 60523 (630) 990-1197 (FAX) (630) 990-0306 Our House: Registrant: OurHouse, Inc. (OURHOUSE4-DOM) 1880 Oak Avenue Evanston, IL 60201 US Domain Name: OURHOUSE.COM Administrative Contact, Billing Contact: Levin, Scott (SLW466) scott@OURHOUSE.COM Ourhouse, Inc. 1880 Oak Ave. Evanston , IL 60201 847-425-7061 (FAX) 847-425-1407 Hmmm, Ya think they are close together like that for a reason? I am heading over to my local Ace Hardware store, the one that sells firearms and ammunition with the entire thread from the K&BA webpage. I wonder how that will go over. I'll let you know.
Top Top