Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2005 7:24:12 PM EDT
I'm sure Ive seen one before - probably linked from here - but I can;t find it now. It's a nighttimne view of the ME from a satellite, showing the contrast b/t Israel and the Muslim world -- somewhat like the one of the Korean Peninsula (but a bit less stark).

Anybody got it/ know where it is?
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If I look at a Night time Sat photo with NVG's on will I be able to see anything?

Bump

Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If I look at a Night time Sat photo with NVG's on will I be able to see anything?

Bump

You know, of course, that if you strap a slice of buttered bread, butter side up, to a cat's back and drop the cat from a high place, the cat will spin in place just above the ground. This is due to the well-established facts that (1) a cat always lands on its feet and (2) bread always lands butter side down.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bump

You know, of course, that if you strap a slice of buttered bread, butter side up, to a cat's back and drop the cat from a high place, the cat will spin in place just above the ground. This is due to the well-established facts that (1) a cat always lands on its feet and (2) bread always lands butter side down.

I would rather just forget about the bread and butter, and cut  off the cats feet, then throw it out of a high flying aircraft....
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm sure Ive seen one before - probably linked from here - but I can;t find it now. It's a nighttimne view of the ME from a satellite, showing the contrast b/t Israel and the Muslim world -- somewhat like the one of the Korean Peninsula (but a bit less stark).

Anybody got it/ know where it is?

Hmm, hadn't heard of that, but it's a great idea.
'Earthlights' was the name of the mega-image that the Korean pic was from - maybe the ME image came from it as well -

Checking the file myself...

Here's a small version of the whole image:

And here's a crop of the ME:

Does that look like the image you recall?
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn is my country ever dark...........

ah well, guess that is why there is so much sweet hunting up here

Link Posted: 5/5/2005 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
See those dark spots to the right of Cali, Oregon and Washington?

That's where I need to find myself one day.

<------ Goes back to dreaming

EDIT: Interestingly, if you go to the NASA full size image (LINK) the sorta middle of the United States is laid out in a pretty much grid pattern.  Kindof cool.  

EDIT again: What the hell are those grouping in the middle of the Atlantic off the coasts of Spain and NW Africa?
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that look like the image you recall?

Yeah, but it (like the NK one) was much larger. I mean that the photo of the detail - the area in question - was larger.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Crossposted from rayra's post today.

North Korea above, South Korea below.  Apparently NK has a slight power shortage.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Rumsfeld keeps that pic in his office. Sure spells out the difference between capitalism and communism, don't it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Am I the only person who has noticed just how much light is coming from Iran?  They have more light than North Korea.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Am I the only person who has noticed just how much light is coming from Iran?  They have more light than North Korea.

Siberia has more light than the Norks, the poor bastards.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
See those dark spots to the right of Cali, Oregon and Washington?

That's where I need to find myself one day.

<------ Goes back to dreaming

EDIT: Interestingly, if you go to the NASA full size image (LINK) the sorta middle of the United States is laid out in a pretty much grid pattern.  Kindof cool.  

EDIT again: What the hell are those grouping in the middle of the Atlantic off the coasts of Spain and NW Africa?

The ones closer to Africa are the Canary Islands

Other ones are the Azores i think

EDit and the splotch in between is Madiera island(s)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top