Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2001 7:00:55 PM EDT
While at the range today trying out my LEGP for the first time I saw...  three guys show up with their brand new Bushmasters.  All seemed to go well, two of the fellows commented favorably on the LEGP, and all including myself, set about firing our rifles.  After approximately 30 minuets or so there seemed to be a bit of commotion not too far from where I was...  so being a bit curious...  I walked over for a look see.  One of the guys had "just discovered" that he had shot off his Smith muzzle brake!  He said something to the effect of "I thought that it felt different".  I asked if he had checked to be certain that the four screws were tight and he told me that he "had just picked up the rifle yesterday from a dealer and that he had assumed everything was alright"!  The inside of the braked was marked up and had a new burr.  I mentioned that LocTite does work pretty good...  if ya use it first.  Oh well, a lesson here for myself and others I should think i.e. just because a gun is new...  doesn't necessarily mean that something is not wrong with it...  check it out to be certain.
W.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ohhhh......

I thought you were going to say, "Take her birth control"  [sex]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That!...  already happened once.
[:O]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure to tighten with loctite as well.  I actually shot mine of after tightening it in the morning.  When the gun heats up the nuts will loosen and whammo.  [frag]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top