Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 6/29/2001 6:18:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/29/2001 6:23:34 AM EDT by burn]
heres a leter i sent to Church's chicken and the response.... my leter... Questions, comments, or compliments: I reacently went in to one of your stores here in Lawton when I noticed a sign prohibiting firearms. I am a Law Enforcement Officer and this greatly disturded me. There are many upstanding citezens with permits to carry weapons in this state. I would really like you to review your policy on this because it only hurts the ones that are legally carrying weapons. The criminals dont care about your rules or ours. Thank You for your time W. R. ------------------------------------------------ The Answer...... I will be sending you a hard copy of this letter in the mail along with some Church's "Be My Guest" cards to enjoy a lunch or dinner on us. June 28, 2001 Dear Mr. Rice: In response to your email, we deeply regret that our security sign offended you since that was certainly not our intent. We have displayed the sign as part of our security program since 1996 stating our commitment to providing a safe and inviting environment for our employees and customers. Our corporate policy restricts AFC employees from possessing weapons at the workplace. In addition, our locations are private properties and we reserve the right to restrict firearms and other weapons other than law enforcement personnel at our restaurants. However, we have recently updated our security sign and the new signage states, "No Illegal Weapons Allowed." This new sign is being rolled out to our system and is currently being installed in all new restaurants. We thank you for your comments and understand your concern. We hope that this has addressed your concerns and that you will continue to patronize our restaurants. Sincerely, (Embedded image moved to file: pic21548.pcx) John McGowan Vice President of Franchise Support To: moss@afce.com cc: Subject: Questions, Comments or Compliments for Church's Chicken
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:23:52 AM EDT
PC CYA? Really, they might as well post "No Killing the Employees, please"
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:24:48 AM EDT
Wow! I'll be sure and stop by Church's next time I'm in Lawton and I'll have to see that sign.. Sounds like a good deal for everyone..
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:31:58 AM EDT
So if they did not put a sign up forbidding illegal weapons, you would be free to carry illegal weapons onto their premises? What about a sign--"no illegal drugs." How silly!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:34:21 AM EDT
Burn, Well done.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:36:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/29/2001 6:38:14 AM EDT by KBaker]
[center][size=5]NOTICE:[/size=5][/center] [center][b]Armed robbery of this[/b][/center] [center][b]establishment is[/b][/center] [center][size=2][red][b]STRICTLY PROHIBITED[/b][/red][/size=2][/center] [center][b][i]Please don't shoot the customers.[/b][/i][/center] There! That ought to help!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:36:17 AM EDT
To make sure, pay them with some "GUN OWNER$" money
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:37:50 AM EDT
Good job Burn...but it makes you think, will the bad guys say, 'I ain't going to Church's, they got a sign?'
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:43:02 AM EDT
I dunno. My dining experience just ain't complete unless I've whacked one of the customers, or at least a busboy or two. Hey, Tony - pass me the Romano cheese. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:45:32 AM EDT
In SLC around Halloween the fast food joints all post "no masks or firearms inside store" signs. I thought it was a joke at first. I wonder how many criminals go "aw crap, another sign! It's tak'n us all day to find a place to rob! Keep this up and I'm gonna hafta find a job."
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:58:06 AM EDT
Good thing, churchs is about the best damn chicken you can find. I wouldn't want to feel guilty about violating some boycott the next time I go there. BTW, I've never been to Lawton but thats where my bosses office is, everytime I talk to him he's always talking about the lawton gangbangers shooting each other up and slingin crack. You're an LEO, is it really that bad? I wouldn't know a crackhead if I saw one, being in OK I always see my fair share of meth people I would imagine crackheads would be similar, scared twitchy dirty people, I just didn't think we had that stuff here, meth's got too strong a market hold!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 12:56:14 PM EDT
It's a form letter, I know of someone getting the same. Personally, I only go there for the okra. Popeye's spicy for chicken.[0j]
Top Top