Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2001 2:28:27 PM EDT
I'm stuck at work and found a good deal on a tactical assault case and need to know what size I need.

I have a pre-ban Ar-15 A2 with a 16' barrel, birdcage FS, and a Rock River telestock.

What is the total length of the gun with the stock closed?

What size case do I need?

Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Don't know about your rifle , but a 40"
case fits a Colt Car 15 with stock extended.
[:)]

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
35" EXTENDED / 31.75" COLLAPSED with an A2 flash suppressor- off the Armalite specs, but they should be pretty close.
Good luck,
Ice
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Your rifle would be about 32 inches
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Phil in Seattle:
tactical assault case
View Quote

What exactly is a Tactical Assault Case?

Besides being black and having lots of velcro on it.

Oh you mean a rifle case!
View Quote

I just hate the way everyone is using the word tactical to describe everything nowadays.
From Webster's dictionary:

[i][b]Main Entry:[/b] tac·ti·cal
[b]Pronunciation:[/b] 'tak-ti-k
[b]Function:[/b] adjective
[b]Date:[/b] 1570
[b]1[/b] : of or relating to combat tactics : as a (1) : of or occurring at the battlefront (2) : using or being weapons or forces employed at the battlefront b of an air force : of, relating to, or designed for air attack in close support of friendly ground forces
[b]2 a[/b] : of or relating to tactics : as (1) : of or relating to small-scale actions serving a larger purpose (2) : made or carried out with only a limited or immediate end in view b : adroit in planning or maneuvering to accomplish a purpose
[b]- tac·ti·cal·ly[/b] /-k(&-)lE/ adverb[/i]

So if you bring a fucking hammer to fight it will become a tactical hammer! Tactical describes [b]when[/b] something is used, not how.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, they do that.
It is happening alot in the knife market, everybody and their dog are coating their blades black and billing them as tactical, even if it is a cheap pos.
Ice
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Phil in Seattle:
Quoted:

I just hate the way everyone is using the word tactical to describe everything nowadays.
View Quote

Exactly my point!  

It seems that if you want to make something "tactical" at least in advertising vernacular you make it in black, put some velcro on it, and charge 25% more for it.
View Quote

Phil and Ice, I'm sure glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way! Now, if you're interested, I have a tactical pair of boxers and a matching tactical tie - for the consumate professional.[grenade]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top