Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2001 4:53:32 PM EDT
I posted this in Build it yourself, but that place looks dead.

I am contemplating buying a McMillan Tactical Stock to swap my Tikka All Weather 7MM Mag into. Any thoughts on this? Right now I am hitting about 3/4 MOA on good no flinch days and I'd hate to lose that accuracy. I love the look and the feel of the McMillan stocks but wanted to hear what you guys think about taking a proven rifle and reseating it. Or should I just start saving to buy a turnkey McMillan or Dakota Longbow tactical rifle ($3K+???)in .300 Win Mag? Is swaping out barrels and actions something a scrub like me should try or should I take it to a smith?
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your rifle bedded? With the McMillan you will have to and it should tighten up the groups, how much though is anyones guess.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It is all in the bedding. I have owned synthetics from a number of companies and my choice is McMillan. The M40A1 is my alltime favorite. I just built one up bedding it in Marine-Tex & it goes back in at 65 inch/lbs and group size/POI is unchanged. If you are not experienced with bedding, either practice on cheaper rifles/stocks or have a pro do it. It CAN get ugly... been there/done that!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a free floating barrel. Here is a link - mine is the All Weather Master
http://www.sako.fi/tikka/fr-rifles.html
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple of McMillans and I really Like them.
Have a nice day,   Rabon

Top Top