Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2001 6:38:03 AM EDT
Why are people so freaked out about Dale Earnhart being dead. The guy in the office next to me has a picture on the wall, and just gave me a CD with goodbye Dale songs to listen to. I don't want to be rude, but...................... Maybe its the same reason they all think I'm the "gun nut" and I just don't understand. Thoughts
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Humans need heroes, it is a fact of life.  PWT choose heroes who drive cars , who can figure?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Alot of guys liked that dead race car guy.
I guess he could make left turns better than many.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I for one have no need for a "HERO" who gets big bucks for doing exactly what he wants to do when he wants to do it.  To me:  Middle class America is the true hero in the USA.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute....Col. Cooper will die someday...?  How can that be?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I feel bad about anyone gettin' muffed, but did you see the Dale Earnhart clocks for sale on TV? Wonder if when the alarm goes off the little car hits the wall?

He has one of those too. I made the same comment and no one thought it was very funny. Every hour Dale wins a race. I really don't think its helping the guys chances for advancement, I've heard people make jokes......
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#10]
What do Dale Earnhardt and Pink Floyd have in common?
Both of their biggest hits was "The Wall."
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What do Dale Earnhardt and Pink Floyd have in common?
Both of their biggest hits was "The Wall."
View Quote

TEEHEE.  During the LeMans 24 Hour this weekend, all these e-mails kept coming in with 'win this for Dale' directed to the Corvette team.  This was not his type of racing, as this involved actually having to drive the car as opposed to ovals.  It has been six months and these people did not know him personally, so get the f**k over it!  What about the two corner workers killed in the last two years at F1 and CART races?  Where is all the grieving for them?  They were getting paid ZERO to work rescue for these races.  As a corner worker, I know that we have to go through training for this, even though TV always refers to us as 'volunteers' as if we just walked in off the street.  We usually are in as much danger as the drivers when the crap hits the fan, so where is the gnashing of teeth and wailing for these people?

Heroes are firefighters, nurses, teachers, military people, and even cops, though some will disagree with that last part.  Sports stars and movie stars are not heroes.  Those that think they are have their priorities all screwed up.  These stars only care about how much money they can make and could not care less about the public.  The aforementioned heroes are all serving the public and get damn little money to do so.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#12]
My heroes are the Hindus and Arabs that invented the numeric system I use everytime I engage in my counting hobby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top