Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2001 12:01:25 AM EDT
The 24 Hours of LeMans starts at 9:30 AM Eastern on Speedvision!
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Remember that Mercedes going airborne and flipping on the straight a couple of times.  God that was cool.  I stopped watching when they went away from GTP though.

Thank god for Speedvision though.  My wife thinks I'm nuts cause I get up at 4:30 in the morning to watch Formula One live.  Go Ralf.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#2]
And don't forget the LeMans movie that comes on after the race in the morning.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Last year we were on the beach on vacation, my wife kept bitchin' at me saying [i]I can't believe you are going to watch that thing for 24 hours[/i].

I am a Porsche freak at heart, but being an American I would really like to see Caddy, or Chevy do [b]SOMETHING[/b]

I wonder if Audi can repeat last years performance, crap changing that dif. was awesome!  They definately put the benchmark out there!

[b]OOOOpps[/b] gotta go its fixin' to come on!
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I am watching to see the new Bentley. Doing pretty good for the first time out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Audi is leading right now, 1st and 2nd, but both private Audis are out.

One of the Mopars just fell out of third place with water pump failure.[>(]

One Caddie got stuffed into the guardrail...sorry but I cant mourn for GM products.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]
It has been on 3 TV's all day so no matter where I am in the house I can at least hear it.  I have 3-8 hour tapes in 3 different VCR's set in sequence to tape it from cable.  Also have it on Dishplayer 500 from Dish Network so I can back it up to see something and then go back live.  I love this kind of racing.

Going over next year to work corners (I am an SCCA corner worker).  Would have this year but did not know until too late that I was going to have the time to go.  I have worked corners at the Rolex24 at Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring for the last 16 years.  Got to do LeMans.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
DAMN!  Check out the fire on the Reynard coming in the pits right now.

I love rain racing!  Don't see that at a certain other series.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I cant beleve that guy drove that thing in on fire like that.

Bell and DeCadinet were up in the booth screaming for him to get out- they remember driving before there were real fire suits and fuel cells in the days of the 917 Porsches and all.  They were half expecting the car to explode like they did in their day
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
RotDorn, we are about to find out if they can change a diff that fast again.  They are doing it NOW!
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
They did it again!

Oddly the Bently doesnt seem to have that capability.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh no!  BOTH the Mopars in the top 5 broke at the same time!!! The 15 car looks like it may be terminal, smoke is coming out of one bank of cylinders[>Q]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I would like to see the Audi's have problems and the Bentley win.  I like the Audi's, but it is time for someone else to win and that Bentley is gorgeuos.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Armlbrl, they just answered about the Bentley not having that capability.  Although the Bentley uses the same engine, they use a different transaxle set up.  Audi would not provide the same set up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, so I heard.  But why did they choose the XTRAC gearbox?  The factory Caddies used them last year and had nothing but trouble...bad choice of vendors.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh well, live and learn.  I am going to try to stay up all night and watch.  Don't know if I will make it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Stayin up all night to watch th 24. Then I'm gonna watch the CART Detroit GP. Then I'll doze off when the IRL has to go to red when half the field crashes at once.

BTW F1: GO FERRARI!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh yeah,

I'm going to fire up Grand Prix Legends here pretty soon and start doing some laps at 60's era la Sarthe.

A chicaneless Mulsanne Straight in a Ferrari 312, just enough time to take a nap.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I am kind of partial to Juan Pablo Montoya in F1.  Met him a few years back working corners at Mid Ohio when he was in CART.  Nice Guy.

You mean you are not going to watch BORECAR?
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:
I am kind of partial to Juan Pablo Montoya in F1.  Met him a few years back working corners at Mid Ohio when he was in CART.  Nice Guy.

You mean you are not going to watch BORECAR?
View Quote

I have a feeling he will be giving MS fits in the years to come if he gets a handle on the car(Frank isn't known for patience). I can't wait!

NASCAB
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, gonna sign off here for now.  This chair is getting very uncomfortable.  Gonna park on the couch and try to stay awake.  See ya.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top