Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2001 2:45:56 PM EDT
(its not mine, so dont kill me, and try not to PUKE)

"Some hard truths about conservatives"
1. Conservatives are often very nice people, as long you are in their immediate circle of family or friends. If you are someone who they don't know and doesn't agree with them, you are pond scum with no redeeming merits whatsoever.
2. Conservatives rarely, if ever, reevaluate their values, beliefs, or outlook on life. This results in views untested by the fires of deep self-questioning. This prevents the evolution  of their ideas, which are therefore trapped in the Stone Age (well, to be fair, perhaps the Middle Ages).
3. This unquestioning outlook on life makes them very easy dupes for a charismatic leader (Hitler, Mussolini, Cheney/Karl Rove) or propaganda, no matter how ham-handed. Because they don't question "sources" (like Rush, O'Reilly, etc.) provided those sources feed their paranoia and rage while stroking their superego, their buttons are very easy to push by unscrupulous leaders. This differs from the liberal mindset which accepts little to nothing that can't be verified independently, and why we could never fall for the "knowledge is ignorance" "slavery is freedom" outright lies told in plain sight by the Bush appointistration. This is why you find more liberals in fields where facts are king (science, reporting--pre-Corporate Media & right-wing takeover) and more conservatives
in ruthless occupations that require lying or distortions of truth to succeed (public realtions, finance, the tobacco industry, advertising, the list goes on and on, how come there are so many jobs for mean people in this world?)
4. Conservatives' powers of rationalizing immoral acts is almost limitless. Upon seeing downtrodden people they say (who they don't know), "They probably deserved it." where liberals ask, "what can we do to give these people help and hope?" Even if we sometimes fail because of an excess of compassion, how much better is that than the conservatives' utter lack thereof (except to people they know, for whom there is always a very nice rationalization waiting in the wings).
4a. I believe that, in the stolen election of 2000, that this plasticity of morality that conservatives possess means that FAR more than 8,000 votes were stolen in Florida and around the country. Given how easy it is to request an absentee ballot and then vote in your home state, also, it is very possible that tens, maybe hundreds of thousands cast multiple votes. I'm sure they breezily rationalized, "Look at that Satanic Clinton. He is sooooo evil that I am surely justified in heaven by taking this action to remove this evil man." I believe more firmly every day that, even all the things      that have been uncovered are merely the tip of the iceberg of a truly massive criminal conspiracy to steal an election (and not just in Florida).
Given the track record of superego addled conservative rationalizers, from Freeping polls to intimidation to breaking into Gore's conference calls, etc. etc., merely voting twice, knowing THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL YOU CAN BE CAUGHT, seems almost timid in comparison. Which brings me to:
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
cont:

5. Conservatives have absolutely no sense of hypocrisy, because unquestioning superego will not allow them to have one. This means that laws and fair play don't apply to them (see #4). Also it means that they will (and already have) taken actions which will ultimately unravel the checks and balances of the Constitution while patting themselves on the back for doing "whatever it takes" to save America. Which brings me to:
6. Conservative often (but not always) have little grasp of the ironic. They don't understand "Doonesbury", the Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc., beyond the fact that they are funny & make the Repugs laugh. I will say, since Simpsons-style irony now staurates the airwaves, and South Park is like "Irony 101", even this may be changing. Thanks to reasons #2 and #4, even if this changes, don't expect conservatives to soften.

"Although I would add that conservates are, and will always BE, more ruthless in their attacks upon the opposition. I mean, just look at how President Clinton was treated from day one: "America, held hostage!" The Dems, by and large, have shown Bush the highest respect. And, as with most things, I think it all boils down to MONEY. No matter how they spin it, conservates are motivated by greed, pure and simple. And GREED, sad to say, is a GREAT motivational force. Hell, it'll get you to do all KINDS of vicious stuff.

copied from the democrapic underground

sickening eh ?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks to be a pretty good description of a liberal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
for a sec there i was going to rip you a new one, but then a noticed the its not mine statement.

yes it is sickening, they have it backwards, they are the ones who are degrading the constitution, they were looking in the mirror when they wrote this piece.

and i barely avoided  [puke] while reading this.

FREEDOM AT ALL COST...
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The Democrats were cultlike in not seeing anything wrong in the Clinton-Gore regime, and they accuse the Republicans of not being able to reevaluate their beliefs and in being dupes for a charismatic leader!!!!!! Wow.Talk about not understanding real life.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if it hurts when you sign on as a Liberal...
...and they stick that tube deep in your ear and suck half your brains out?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]
While there are fanatics and other hard core believers on either side of the arguements, I do not consider myself either conservative nor liberal.

I, like most I know, have determined for ourselves how we stand on the individual issues.  Many issues I side with the conservatives.  Other issues I agree with a more liberal point of view.

That post was definitetly the narrow minded rambling of a very narrow minded person.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Conservatives are often very nice people, as long you are in their immediate circle of family or friends. If you are someone who they don't know and doesn't agree with them, you are pond scum with no redeeming merits whatsoever.
View Quote

definition of a Liberal: pond scum with no redeeming merits whatsoever
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Lets face it. They aint never gonna see it our way and we sure are'nt gonna accept their s.
The country is deeply divivded and bad things are sure to follow.[xx(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top