Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2001 7:06:32 AM EDT
I need a source for factory barrels cahmbered for 6x45 or 6 BRrem. I don't want to go to a custom 'smith as they will take forever. I do my own work, so thats not an issue. Does Oly do this?
Scott
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT.

Tromix make one?
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I know Hesse has 6x45 uppers.  I'm not sure if the barrels are avail seperate.  I would imagine so.

Kurt's Kustom can make you some.  I think Tromix also.  Contact Kurt and Tony and ask them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Hesse just posted that he had some 6mm PPC barrels, so I bought one.  Looks nice enough, and the price was right at $125.00.

KKF says he does 6mm BR and 6x45.  What do you do for bolts for the BR?

Good luck.

Link Posted: 6/16/2001 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I only do the big bores right now.  I may do some of the smaller stuff down the road, but right now, I am swamped with more orders than I can handle.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
KKF says he does 6mm BR and 6x45.  What do you do for bolts for the BR?
Good luck.
View Quote

I would love to do business with Kurt, but he can't seem to turn out a standard upper in less that a year. Poor ol'e critter is moaning still. If Tromix or some one else would make a good one in a realistic time frame & not whine about whatever was ailing them I would send the work right now.
Scott
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun-Fan,
I have a Hesse 6x45 upper. The barrel is made by Small Arms. Twist is 1/12. The best group todate is .114 with the overall average running around .9. Hesse shipped me the upper 2 weeks ahead of their min. time and I am very pleased with it. One matter of note is a 1/12 is good to 85 grains, however be ready to go to max to get good groups from that twist with an 85 grainer. Hesse has been trashed here alot because of their lowers, but this upper I have disspells alot of what I had heard about them. Also each time I e-mailed them I had an answer the next day. I am all but sure they sell just barrels. Hope the 6x45 ready gets a foot holt, it makes a heavy varmit round from an AR-15!!!

P.S.
I got my upper for $340.00 shipped without the bolt.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By old #7:
Gun-Fan,
I have a Hesse 6x45 upper. The barrel is made by Small Arms. Twist is 1/12. The best group todate is .114 with the overall average running around .9.
View Quote

I saw your post on this before. That's impressive. I just may go that way. I would really like to get one in 6mm BR. That round would really smoke.
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top