Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2001 8:53:24 AM EDT
Did Timothy McVeigh Deserve To Die?...most certainly..his admission of guilt
and a preponderance of evidence make it certain he was guilty of mass murder.
But in light of evidence indicating more conspirators..terrorists who are still loose
and quite capable of continued terror..wasnt it in the states best interest to keep him alive ..interogate him further...to get at these guys to put them away or execute them as well?..Even in Vietnam we kept our prisoners alive to interogate them in the hopes of getting more of the enemy  [url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23185[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It seemed pretty clear to me that they weren't going to get any more info out of him.  If the Feds were involved, they would make sure of that.  If the Feds were not involved, the probably offered him a deal to live to get more info and he turned it down.  Either way, I don't believe that they were going to get anything out of him.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#2]
IMO it costs way too much to keep him alive as well as the rest of the death row inmates.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems to me it is equivalent to destroying evidence; a crime.  Until the truth was fully known, he should have been kept alive.  Mr. Farah is right on.  The whole mess descends further into speculation and mystery.  Justice again is not served....we still don't know all the answers. Cover up going on??
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Who the hell wants to find out the truth about anything now a days. It's easier to dispense with a small portion of the problem and then say that everything is all better now. It was real interesting to see the speed that was employed to kill mcveigh, but then those who commit atrocities over and over languish in prison for years and years while the lawyers submit appeal after appeal.

It seems when the feds have a stinky finger, they ram their agenda through to protect their asses. With the with holding of all of those documents, in any other court in the land, the dude would have been granted a prolonged stay while another investigation into new aspects of the situation were looked at.

Mcveigh deserved what he got, but with all the talk of closure, there are some large rotten apples that have gotten away with murder. All in the interest of national security no doubt.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
For a lot of people this is a closing chapter on their lives.  I am not sure that this is the end of the Tim McViegh saga.  In my mind there are a lot of unanswered questions, now that he is dead, any answers will be pure speculation.  We will truly never know what the answer is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top