Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/11/2001 7:59:01 AM EDT
Anybody seen or read about one of these? I know they make it themselves, but if I wanted to trick out a .45 just like the Corps does, what do I have to do to it? What's their choice for a base gun that they transmogrify into a high speed pistol of doom? Sure this is way OT, and I could probably go to some .45 website and get the answer. BUT, I always come here first because collectively I think we know everything. I'm actually pretty sure that most anti "AW" legislation is just an attempt to keep AR15.com from taking over the world.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:16:12 AM EDT
collectively I think we know everything.
View Quote
Yes - especially good links. [url]http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000087.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:25:27 AM EDT
If you don't believe that it is common knowledge that we know everything, follow this link. [:)] [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=26404[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:34:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/12/2001 3:43:18 PM EDT by Sukebe]
Why don't you just call the Marine Corps armorers at Quantico and ask them? I'm sure its not top secret and I bet they would love to brag their pistols up. The USMC holds the M1911A1 up on an almost religious pedestal. Tom Clancy goes into some detail about them in his non-fiction "Marine Expeditionary Unit". They use stock M1911A1s(yes WWII vintage) and build them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:11:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By garden weasel: If you don't believe that it is common knowledge that we know everything, follow this link. [:)] I believe, seeing is believing[smoke]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:16:37 AM EDT
PArts or Mods done to the weapons: Caspian or Springfield slides Ejection port lowered and scalloped Bar-sto stainless steel barrel Kings barrel bushing Feed ramp polished and throated Kings beavertail with memory bump Kings ambidextrous safety Videcki long aluminum match trigger with 4-5 lbs trigger pull Dehorn weapon Colt Commander hammer Kings Front sight, staked to slide Fixed high profile rear site secured with hex head screw Fiber recoil buffer Flat mainspring housing Lanyard loop Pachmayer rubber wrap grips—No checkering of frame Wilson Rogers 7 round stainless steel magazines
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:21:32 AM EDT
The Chandler brothers over at [url]www.ironbrigadearmory.com[/url] are putting together a 1911 basically identical to the MEU(SOC) pistol, just like their Chandler Sniper Rifle is based on the USMC M40A1. They are intimately familiar with both platforms. Their pistol isn't on the website yet, but I'm sure you could give them a call. FMCDH Semper Fidelis Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:57:54 AM EDT
Thanks for all the info. I knew you guys know everything!
Top Top