BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

What’s stopping half the forum from going to the border since it’s the most pressing issue facing America?

Or China?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/IMG_3594_png-3217181.JPG

Actual budget

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/IMG_3596_jpeg-3217180.JPGBudget according to the anti Ukraine crowd

View Quote

I was talking to a recently retired military guy about a month ago.  He said the money we are sending to Ukraine is small fraction of the military budget and the we'd probably be spending that much to counter Russia, regardless.  He feels like it is money very well spent.   He also stated that the knowledge we are gaining is invaluable.  Plus, if Putin isn't stopped now, we are at some point going to have to get involved in a real way, which will be a whole lot more expensive, both in treasure and in American blood.  I left that conversation feeling much much better about the aide we are providing.

I don't have much love for Ukraine, but Russia is the real enemy here.  We can't forget that.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:28:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sporter] [#2]
Originally Posted By FlashHole:

I was talking to a recently retired military guy about a month ago.  
View Quote

Cool, ask him about the knowledge we gained in Afghanistan and Iraq
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
Yall do realize Trump will also send aid to Ukraine….right?
View Quote

Trump sent aid to Ukraine and had American soldiers training Ukrainians during his time.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ruark:
Hopefully someone will take out that bloodthirsty little faggot dictator soon.
View Quote

I wonder how damaged someones brain has to be to in order to develop this sort of take.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe they should not have run a CIA backed coup on the sitting president, then shell the Ukrainians who were upset about that.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By VaniB:
Are you guys real comfortable in your armchair? Just checking; Are you finishing your beer? Or are you just pouring yourself some fresh coffee instead?  lol

Those Ukraines have been going thru a couple of years of hell. They will ultimately lose their nation because Putin sends out thousands of Russians to fight his war for him while all Ukraine can do is swat those roaches that keep running in. It's been a war of attrition that Ukraine can't win because Putin has nukes! Zelinsky has no choice but to accept Biden's bribery if he wants to live another day. When Biden and corrupt officials like the cartels say "take the money or else!" Zelinsky will take it! This keeps the war supplies coming too regardless what Zelinksky thinks or if he dislikes being compromised. Zelinsky is a marked man just like that Wagner commander that Putin killed was a marked man. When Ukraine has fallen, Zelinsky will have nowhere to hide. He will be hunted down and murdered.

Consider yourselves fortunate your ass is here in the most powerful nation in the world. Why don't you stop mocking others who are less fortunate, lost everything, and are being raped!

No, I'm not Ukraine blood or remotely related to that part of the world. I'm just not an insensitive asshole who laughs at the misery of others.

Now ya'll carry on and finish your beer.... or coffee.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

This post is legit formatted like an NRA letter, its just missing a personal gift from Wayne LaPierre at the end
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:
Are you guys real comfortable in your armchair? Just checking; Are you finishing your beer? Or are you just pouring yourself some fresh coffee instead?  lol

Those Ukraines have been going thru a couple of years of hell. They will ultimately lose their nation because Putin sends out thousands of Russians to fight his war for him while all Ukraine can do is swat those roaches that keep running in. It's been a war of attrition that Ukraine can't win because Putin has nukes! Zelinsky has no choice but to accept Biden's bribery if he wants to live another day. When Biden and corrupt officials like the cartels say "take the money or else!" Zelinsky will take it! This keeps the war supplies coming too regardless what Zelinksky thinks or if he dislikes being compromised. Zelinsky is a marked man just like that Wagner commander that Putin killed was a marked man. When Ukraine has fallen, Zelinsky will have nowhere to hide. He will be hunted down and murdered.

Consider yourselves fortunate your ass is here in the most powerful nation in the world. Why don't you stop mocking others who are less fortunate, lost everything, and are being raped!

No, I'm not Ukraine blood or remotely related to that part of the world. I'm just not an insensitive asshole who laughs at the misery of others.

This post is legit formatted like an NRA letter, its just missing a personal gift from Wayne LaPierre at the end
Perfect.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:36:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalNovice] [#8]
Originally Posted By Kihn:
Maybe they should not have run a CIA backed coup on the sitting president, then shell the Ukrainians who were upset about that.

View Quote

Lol. Repeating the BS still.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#9]

I was talking to a recently retired military guy about a month ago.  He said the money we are sending to Ukraine is small fraction of the military budget and the we'd probably be spending that much to counter Russia, regardless.  He feels like it is money very well spent.   He also stated that the knowledge we are gaining is invaluable.  Plus, if Putin isn't stopped now, we are at some point going to have to get involved in a real way, which will be a whole lot more expensive, both in treasure and in American blood.  I left that conversation feeling much much better about the aide we are providing.

I don't have much love for Ukraine, but Russia is the real enemy here.  We can't forget that.  
View All Quotes

What's stopping half the forum from going to the border since it's the most pressing issue facing America?

Or China?

Actual budget

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/IMG_3596_jpeg-3217180.JPGBudget according to the anti Ukraine crowd

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#10]

What’s stopping half the forum from going to the border since it’s the most pressing issue facing America?

Or China?

Actual budget

View Quote

What's stopping people? The US government and lawfair.

If you go to try to help secure the border our own government will prosecute you then slander you as some sort of vigilante.

https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/border-vigilante-arrested-illegally-detaining-immigrant

No such constraints in Ukraine and they are actively seeking assistance. So what's your excuse? Too busy? Too difficult? Or it's just good fun to act like you would like to help from the comfort of your living room?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sporter:

Cool, ask him about the knowledge we gained in Afghanistan and Iraq
View Quote

Invaluable, and the money wasted, could have been wasted elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Or China?

Actual budget

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gif" target="_blank">/images/smilies/icon_smile_Shy.gifRocketfish:

When will you join the fight indeed.  Go right ahead and buy a plane ticket to go. What is stopping you?

Or China?

Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

It's your weekly "let's all be very concerned about the 0.1% of the fed budget going to Ukraine" thread.

We should all be very very concerned because Twitter and youtube said so.

Actual budget

If we go to the border will we get hundreds of billion$ of artillery and weapons to use on the invaders as we see fit? Or will we be on our own while guardsmen with green tips collecting per diem shoot us in the back?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Techsan02:

If we go to the border will we get hundreds of billion$ of artillery and weapons to use on the invaders as we see fit? Or will we be on our own while guardsmen with green tips collecting per diem shoot us in the back?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gif" target="_blank">/images/smilies/icon_smile_Shy.gifRocketfish:

When will you join the fight indeed.  Go right ahead and buy a plane ticket to go. What is stopping you?

Or China?

It's your weekly "let's all be very concerned about the 0.1% of the fed budget going to Ukraine" thread.

We should all be very very concerned because Twitter and youtube said so.

Actual budget

Wow
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#14]
A lot of Ukraine's problems are based on losing support of the populations of countries they are dependent upon, like the US.  This has occurred through a lack of honesty and an obvious overt IO campaign which after 3 years most can see through.

Was the recent Russian advance due to a lack of western weapons? Partially.  Was it also due to Ukrainian companies pocketing millions in western funding to build defensive fortifications and then doing nothing? Partially.  Is it due to the rapid growth of the Russian field Army in Ukraine while Ukrainian manpower stagnates?  Also partially.

The west blew their load way too fast with military support, and now there really isn't all that much left, and plans to regenerate are years away.  The one difference being that the US knows that while Europe has no problem divesting operational stocks and gutting their actual militaries, we will be the ones that have to assume that responsibility in the future....so no Ukraine isn't getting 12 batteries of Patriots and were aren't slicing off several battalions worth of active duty mechanized battalions equipment to ship them over like the UK and Germany.

Nobody is interested in divesting in deep fires, and I think China is to blame. I believe that is the tear line where their support goes from semi-passive to full bore weapons transfers.  The only plan on the table still is hoping Russia just somehow implodes, so kicking the can as long as we can is the west's only options moving forward. Thousands of missiles and vehicles moving from China to Russia would immediately sink everything.  Unlike the entire west combined, China has the stockpile depth and production capacity to do so and still remain a dominant position as a military power.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Coffee for me. There are two people to blame. Putin and Zelinski.  
Do you think WE can fix this mess?

Mark 13:7
King James Version
7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:
The flaw in many people's thinking is that there is no longer a Soviet Union and they don't want their countries back.

The Perestroika Spring turned back to dull grey Soviet winter.

Stop investing in former, current and future Soviet countries.
View Quote

If it were still actually the Soviet Union, and a Communist utopia, I don't think we would  have so many Democrats and leftists hating them.  They sure didn't used to.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ckp68:
If only Ukraine had some nukes.
View Quote
This

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Virtually our entire military budget since WW II has been devoted to the defense of western ideals and democratic allies against the Russian and Chinese threats. The pittance, and that's what is in the grand scheme of things, that we currently are supplying Ukraine and our NATO allies is going to be a drop in the bucket if we go to war with Russia directly.

SNIP...

Right now, Ukraine is defending our nation. The question is, when will we join the fray in earnest?
View Quote

Never.

We are NOT about to step up to the plate and go toe to toe with any country anywhere close to a 'near-peer' status.

And we sure as hell are not about to openly and directly (non-proxy bullshit) go to actual war with multiple countries that actually have a rats chance in hell of being able to retaliate at the same time. :)

The sun has faded on our ability to use 'sanctions' to bully many other countries into automatically doing as we dictate. :)
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 80085:
Oh geez. I can’t believe he missed his vacation in Spain. I feel so bad for him. Perhaps we could send our soldiers to the front line to help out since our money clearly hasn’t helped.

Since Ukraine won’t draft 18 year old’s we should draft our 18 year old’s and get them on a place as quick as possible to kill Russians.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ashiha:
He's taking vacations while his country is being invaded?
View Quote

Its just like "our" politicians flying over there during time of war... remember that?

should just let russia have em... fuck em.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JamPo:

So you think we should all be pro war whether it poses a threat to America or not?
View Quote

IF the US ever tried to win a war, I'd have a different opinion.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:

IF the US ever tried to win a war, I'd have a different opinion.
View Quote

Neocons and Lockmart don't want that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I’m all for helping them but I think we should try and hang all our foreign policy idiots that baited Russia with Ukraine because it wasn’t a NATO member.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
"They gave the opportunity for Putin to occupy. But now the world can help."

Really now ???

How about your corrupt government raiding and raping your coffers and spending FUCK ALL on your own defensive measures, you let it happen you thieving cunt !
View Quote
No, no, no! The "world" would not sell the Ukrainians arms. Haven't you heard? Sheesh!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:30:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#26]
Originally Posted By delemorte:

If you go to try to help secure the border our own government will prosecute you then slander you as some sort of vigilante.
View All Quotes

I went and didn’t get arrested. What gives?

I even got paid. It’s pretty good money, too. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

No such constraints in Ukraine and they are actively seeking assistance. So what's your excuse? Too busy? Too difficult? Or it's just good fun to act like you would like to help from the comfort of your living room?

There are constraints on doing that in Ukraine. They don’t allow people to simply fly in and go to the front. There is an entire vetting process.

Let’s get this straight: you complain you can’t go to the border as joe private citizen and use force but want me to go join the AFU (the military)?

You are free to join the Texas national guard or state guard and go to the border

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Commando223:
I don't think I've ever heard of a more dependent country in history.

Can you believe some country's actually had to make their own weapons and fight their own battles?
View Quote

The US during the war which founded the country was pretty dependent on France who was helping the colonists rebelling against the British crown because Britain was France’s traditional enemy going back centuries, kind of like how the US is helping out Ukraine which is fighting against the longtime rival of the US, Russia, which has been a rival since the end of World War II.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:30:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#28]

Trump sent aid to Ukraine and had American soldiers training Ukrainians during his time.

View Quote

Yeah because the previous 3 administrations baited Russia and purposely refused to arm Ukraine to make it more enticing.

NATO still wouldn’t arm or train Azov battalions until 2021. Azov was their main defense since 2014.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#29]
"It’s the world’s fault,” he replied. “They gave the opportunity for Putin to occupy. But now the world can help."
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Aaron56:

Never.

We are NOT about to step up to the plate and go toe to toe with any country anywhere close to a 'near-peer' status.

And we sure as hell are not about to openly and directly (non-proxy bullshit) go to actual war with multiple countries that actually have a rats chance in hell of being able to retaliate at the same time. :)

https://i.imgur.com/cQdnx4O.jpg

The sun has faded on our ability to use 'sanctions' to bully many other countries into automatically doing as we dictate. :)
View Quote

Chinese President Xi Jinping surprised many by giving Russian President Vladimir Putin a rare hug in front of cameras, symbolizing a "new era" of strategic partnership between the two nations.

Xi hugs Putin as Russia-China talks sealed with rare show of affection
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
A lot of Ukraine's problems are based on losing support of the populations of countries they are dependent upon, like the US.  This has occurred through a lack of honesty and an obvious overt IO campaign which after 3 years most can see through.

Was the recent Russian advance due to a lack of western weapons? Partially.  Was it also due to Ukrainian companies pocketing millions in western funding to build defensive fortifications and then doing nothing? Partially.  Is it due to the rapid growth of the Russian field Army in Ukraine while Ukrainian manpower stagnates?  Also partially.

The west blew their load way too fast with military support, and now there really isn't all that much left, and plans to regenerate are years away.  The one difference being that the US knows that while Europe has no problem divesting operational stocks and gutting their actual militaries, we will be the ones that have to assume that responsibility in the future....so no Ukraine isn't getting 12 batteries of Patriots and were aren't slicing off several battalions worth of active duty mechanized battalions equipment to ship them over like the UK and Germany.

Nobody is interested in divesting in deep fires, and I think China is to blame. I believe that is the tear line where their support goes from semi-passive to full bore weapons transfers.  The only plan on the table still is hoping Russia just somehow implodes, so kicking the can as long as we can is the west's only options moving forward. Thousands of missiles and vehicles moving from China to Russia would immediately sink everything.  Unlike the entire west combined, China has the stockpile depth and production capacity to do so and still remain a dominant position as a military power.
View Quote
China could divest itself of the kinds of assets Russia needs and not significantly effect it's control over the SCS and adjacent lanes of approach.  China doesn't really face much of a threat of armored land war anytime soon.   They won't be sending carriers or Type 055s to go busting through the turkish straights...ever or sending DF-21/26.  Those are the long sticks that defend china.  Right?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Right now, Ukraine is defending our nation. The question is, when will we join the fray in earnest?
View Quote
This would be a comical statement if you weren't actually being serious. So let me tell you a little story.

When I was born in 1969, Ukraine was part of the USSR. That had no effect on my birth.
For the first 22 years of my life, Ukraine was part of the USSR. During that time, I served my country, and the enemy at large was NOT the Russians. It was the jihadists. In 1991,  the USA bombed the ever loving fuck out of Saddam. Then we sent our armor and mechanized infantry into southeastern Iraq for a 3 day live fire exercise, against a real time target. At the end of the year, the USSR ceased to exist. No one cared about the Ukrainians. They were "freed" from Soviet rule. Again, no impact on my life.
 Now, here we are, 30+ years later, and the Russians are in eastern Ukraine. The only problems we as a nation are facing are being directly caused by our own government.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Ooowww stfu. We should be sending more money and our boys there to fight for the good people of Ukraine, bro.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:44:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#34]
Zelensky: Once a comedian, always a comedian.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:46:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#35]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:

The US during the war which founded the country was pretty dependent on France who was helping the colonists rebelling against the British crown because Britain was France’s traditional enemy going back centuries, kind of like how the US is helping out Ukraine which is fighting against the longtime rival of the US, Russia, which has been a rival since the end of World War II.
View Quote

Russia is in Ukraine because NATO stalled their membership just like they did with Georgia. Ukraine was bait. Interestingly Sakaashvili, who was Georgian president at the time is actually a Ukrainian and was chased out of Georgia after Ossetia was lost….
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#36]
It’s geopolitical Darwinism. Ukraine is the equivalent of a kid born with a genetic defect. Some countries are suited to becoming superpowers and some are destined to being buffer states. The more the evangelical Ukraine-first folks dig us into this, the worse it will get.  

Repeat daily:

Ukraine will never be as big of a country as it was yesterday thanks to these people.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By robertmegar:

Ooowww stfu. We should be sending more money and our boys there to fight for the good people of Ukraine, bro.
View Quote

Going on a diplomatic trip is a “vacation”?

Dang, trump was on vacation for a lot during his presidency
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By tsg68:

Russia is in Ukraine because NATO stalled their membership just like they did with Georgia. Ukraine was bait. Interestingly Sakaashvili, who was Georgian president at the time is actually a Ukrainian and was chased out of Georgia after Ossetia was lost….
View Quote

Georgia and Moldova were both invaded in the early 90s
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Spain is sending an aid package. Part of being a president is going to places and meeting with people.

Can't just sit in the capitol and do nothing.

You have to, ya know, go out there and do things. Give speeches. Shake hands, kiss babies kind of stuff.
View Quote

You left out the part about about democracy and how your guy (Zelensky) is 'protecting' all of that... :)

Banning / imprisoning any and all opposition parties / suspending any sort of elections... That sort of 'democracy' protecting stuff...

Zelensky is a thug dictator installed by the west and certainly NOT 'kissing' any babies to keep his control on power there.

I was supportive of Zelensky at the very beginning because he ran for election on a platform specifically calling for a peace deal with Russia. (funny how that shit changed isn't it)

He would have NEVER got elected in the first place if the citizens knew up front where he was ultimately going to take them (he lied about the all of the Russia rapprochement stuff) and NOW that any and all public support has waned (in a big freakin way) he has pretty much made sure that their voices would be silenced.

The average Ukrainian (not that you really care) has FAR LESS actual 'freedom' now than they had before Zelensky came along. (did not used to be restrictions on leaving the country, etc.)

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Aaron56:

You left out the part about about democracy and how your guy (Zelensky) is 'protecting' all of that... :)

Banning / imprisoning any and all opposition parties / suspending any sort of elections... That sort of 'democracy' protecting stuff...

Zelensky is a thug dictator installed by the west and certainly NOT 'kissing' any babies to keep his control on power there.

I was supportive of Zelensky at the very beginning because he ran for election on a platform specifically calling for a peace deal with Russia. (funny how that shit changed isn't it)

He would have NEVER got elected in the first place if the citizens knew up front where he was ultimately going to take them (he lied about the all of the Russia rapprochement stuff) and NOW that any and all public support has waned (in a big freakin way) he has pretty much made sure that their voices would be silenced.

The average Ukrainian (not that you really care) has FAR LESS actual 'freedom' now than they had before Zelensky came along. (did not used to be restrictions on leaving the country, etc.)

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

He knows that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Exactly what Biden's been doing for the last 3.5 years. I read he's spent almost 40% of his time in office on vacation.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By xd341:
China could divest itself of the kinds of assets Russia needs and not significantly effect it's control over the SCS and adjacent lanes of approach.  China doesn't really face much of a threat of armored land war anytime soon.   They won't be sending carriers or Type 055s to go busting through the turkish straights...ever or sending DF-21/26.  Those are the long sticks that defend china.  Right?
View Quote

China could divest 25% of its entire military inventory to Russia tomorrow and still be exceptionally capable of exacting global influence through regional dominance

That doesn't touch any other aspects of DIME.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Speaking of delays....

What was Ukraine doin to arm themselves from 2014-2022?

What did Ukr spend on weapons vs what was spent on "lobbying" Western politicians?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#45]
This thread is brought to you by SSDI.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#46]
It’s all a sham bro. Ukraine is a shit hole. Can’t wait for Putin to finish it off so I don’t have to read about it anymore.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#47]

https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/border-vigilante-arrested-illegally-detaining-immigrant

View Quote

Well, no, there are some major constraints to going to Ukraine. Very high likelyhood of getting killed for one. Ending up in a Russian prison, which would most likely lead to getting killed.

So OK. One side doesn't want to go to the border and fight for their convictions because prison and possible death be scary yo.
And the other side doesn't want to go to Ukraine and fight for their convictions because death and possible prison be scary yo.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:02:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 999monkeys] [#48]

So you think we should all be pro war whether it poses a threat to America or not?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
I always wondered what it'd be like to live in the 60s with anti war hippies.

Now I don't have to.

Im pretty impressed at how good communists can run propoganda machines against Americans. I wish we as a country could do that for freedom and capitalism.

Yes, if you believe in objective truth.

If a man sees a woman being raped, or a child being bullied, he should put a stop to it.

Putin is the aggressor here against a smaller, weaker nation.  It is objectively wrong.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Where dem troops Macron promised?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:05:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ApacheScout] [#50]
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:

Well, no, there are some major constraints to going to Ukraine. Very high likelyhood of getting killed for one. Ending up in a Russian prison, which would most likely lead to getting killed.

So OK. One side doesn't want to go to the border and fight for their convictions because prison and possible death be scary yo.
And the other side doesn't want to go to Ukraine and fight for their convictions because death and possible prison be scary yo.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMjFuZzh4eWk3YXNqNmx0dWtubzNjeTE3bnJsa2htMjV1dzU2cHFzZiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/Q74QoAbYFesju4pvcg/giphy.gif
View Quote
Protecting the US borders is actually one of the few original responsibilities of the US.gov.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top