BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MHowski:
Nice houses for cheap and readily available, yeah I’m terrified.
View Quote

Well, isn't Japanese construction notoriously awful?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Population shrink is only a threat to the bankers and the debt based economy that needs more drones to feed the Ponzi scheme.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a nice ad for moving to Japan (if they let you :D).
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
125 million on an island the size of California. How can they grow?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
It's an issue of urbanization rather than population decline. The younger generations moved to the cities and left behind dying rural towns. Their birthrate is an issue, but even presuming it's fixed, there's just not much desire to live in the assend of nowhere with limited job prospects.
View Quote

That’s happening in a lot of small towns in the middle of nowhere PA.  The US also has cities that have de-industrialized and left behind tons of homes in not only disrepair but “bad” neighborhoods that keep people from moving in.  But they can’t build suburbs of McMansions fast enough.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#6]
Originally Posted By Echd:

View Quote
Not really. Older constructions certainly aren't built to modern standards and may require additional renovation costs, but I wouldn't call them bad. I also wouldn't call them great, but we're talking about a society that opens windows in the winter. They care less about having high energy efficiency standards than we do. If you care about good insulation and god tier HVAC, then you might view them as shitshacks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They do appear to be cheap and flimsy, plus it’s not in their paradigm to keep up on them. I wonder how bad they really are.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#8]
Maybe the idea of an infinitely expanding economy at the expense of the average person isn't healthy and we should deal with the consequences of that instead of attempting to continue the charade until the entire system completely collapses
View Quote
Yeah but this economic situation has exclusively helped the top .1% of the population. You're not OK with the enmiseration of the entire population in order to a appease a tiny elite class? You must be a *COMMUNIST*.

No we *NEED* more immigration. We *NEED* more inflation. We *NEED* trade with China! Think of how horrible it would be if normal people could actually afford a home!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:
If the world population doesn't shrink, we are all going to die. I guess the survivors can pick any home they want
View Quote
Huh?

Sarcasm meter is confused....
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:12:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#10]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Don't worry Op.   Real estate will continue to stay out of your reach.  

If I could crash the market by halting immigration, I would do it.  
But realistically, that isn't going to happen here.   None of us have that power.
View Quote
Europe is having the same problem.
70% of Europeans, when polled... admit they think Europe is being flooded with too many immigrants.
Yet the governments of all these countries still pursue open borders policies.

Representative forms of government seem to act as nothing more than a system of government set up to fool people into thinking they have a say in the policies that are placed over them. The mask is off.
Noam Chomsky was right about the concept of "Manufactured Consent". Amazing he had the time to come up with such a concept what with all the time he's spent raping little girls on Epstein's island.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
Yeah but this economic situation has exclusively helped the top .1% of the population. You're not OK with the enmiseration of the entire population in order to a appease a tiny elite class? You must be a *COMMUNIST*.

No we *NEED* more immigration. We *NEED* more inflation. We *NEED* trade with China! Think of how horrible it would be if normal people could actually afford a home!
View Quote

You're right. If I don't keep corporate dick in my mouth at all times I'm essentially letting the communists win. I'm going to go get another mcchicken.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#12]

They do appear to be cheap and flimsy, plus it’s not in their paradigm to keep up on them. I wonder how bad they really are.
View All Quotes

Additionally, it seems Japan has some odd property setups where the land is rented, only the building is "owned" and land rental agreements have to be reupped occasionally. If not agreed upon, building is torn down.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:

Not really, have you talked to younger women these days? Most of them are just absolutely disgusted at the very idea of pregnancy and refuse to have kids, it's more complicated than that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 86Tiger:
I gotta agree with you.

The solution to population shrink is encourage and make it attractive to make babies.  

The possibility houses may get cheap is least of our problems.

Not really, have you talked to younger women these days? Most of them are just absolutely disgusted at the very idea of pregnancy and refuse to have kids, it's more complicated than that.
That is very regional.

Social media has destroyed the minds of the city kids, but out here in flyover country they're still getting knocked up as fast as they can get their pants off.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
This is what happens when people stop reproducing, and you don't import millions upon millions of replacements.
To be honest though... why aren't more people having kids in Japan? Housing is cheap.

Its not just that people aren't having kids... more and more people in Japan are turning asexual... from what I've read and heard. I seriously think that there is some sort of global conspiracy to bring down fertility rates amongst productive/civilized people, perhaps through chemical warfare.

Basically the governments of the world are turning more people asexual, gay, trans etc AND using economic warfare against people to discourage breeding.
View Quote
First they came for the frogs, but I did speak out because I was not a frog.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Curious to know if the brainwashing of the Japanese by thier msm is underway to open the immigration floodgates.
Last summer in shinjuku I noted two foreigners work8ng at a busy Macdonalds, neither of which appeared to speak Japanese.  
Under the table labor there (and pretty much every other country) has been going on probably forever.
What's japan going to look like in 10 years?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Title is complete BS.  Super rural small towns have houses inherited by younger family who live in the city and don’t want to move to a place with 900 people and no services or to a small island with even less services.  They sell these properties cheap as no one wants them.  No local jobs at all.   2-3 hours away from a city with jobs.  

Japanese are not big into having to own land nor a big house in the rural areas.  

We have been looking but you have to be able to do a bunch of DIY or the repairs will cost more than the house is worth fixed up.  

Until Tokyo, Osaka and other urban centers have the prices collapse there is no problem.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#17]
So you're telling me that, if people (as a whole) stop buying all the houses for sale at the current price level, the prices will drop drastically?

Why isn't that happening here in America?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By johosjokers:
Curious to know if the brainwashing of the Japanese by thier msm is underway to open the immigration floodgates.
View Quote
Yeah, it's a hot topic right now. As an ethnostate currently, they can speak out about it in ways that would never be allowed in a multiculti society. Even their ultra nationalists go hard.

Interview With Japanese Ultra Nationalists | ASIAN BOSS

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DDalton:
So you're telling me that, if people (as a whole) stop buying all the houses for sale at the current price level, the prices will drop drastically?

View Quote
because there's always that one a**hole that has to ruin it for the bunch.

and we have corporations and foreign buyers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:
That doesn't deter me from wanting foreigners out of here.
View Quote

Nope.

I’ll take falling birth rates and crashing real estate markets over hoards of 3rd world trash and China buying farmland.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Reduce taxes, population will grow. You do not need foreign invades to prop up property values.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Look dude. Imma be real with ya

If my options are shrinking real estate market with proper border protection and regulations on what foreign countries can own real estate or a growing real estate market with 0 border protection and China buying property near McConnell...

I'm taking the the shrinking real estate market.

View Quote

^This

Cut my home value in half or further, don't care.  It will still be commensurate with the market and the border will be secure.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

not really a new phenomenon

Japan's population has been around 125 million for 25 years.  pretty crazy.

your economy will eventually reflect poorly with those kind of numbers

in the same time -- the US population has gone from around 278 million to around 330 million -- growth invasion of over 50 million.

View Quote

Fixt
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Also, Japanese people don’t want to end up a minority in their own country. Most of them don’t bother to disguise this.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#25]
The Chinese are buying land and real estate, particularly in the north and major metro areas, often paying in crypto and through shell corps organized in the British Virgin Islands.

I wish the government would stop sales and seize property from them. Don't Chinese my Japan.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:
Also, Japanese people don’t want to end up a minority in their own country. Most of them don’t bother to disguise this.
View Quote

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Capitalism is based on unlimited growth…yet y’all complain about open borders.

Capitalism is just as flawed as every other failed system…just propped up the strongest empire the world has fever seen.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Tfw no one understands capitalism on a supposedly conservative website

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#30]
How Japan solved their homeless problem.

The Dark Secret Behind Japan's 0% Homelessness Rate

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#31]

If my options are shrinking real estate market with proper border protection and regulations on what foreign countries can own real estate or a growing real estate market with 0 border protection and China buying property near McConnell...

View Quote

This so many times over.  House prices are stupid even for my rural Indiana area.  My house is NOT worth $500k regardless of what anyone or the market says.
Nor are any of the other houses that are for sale.  It’s just stupid and crazy right now what houses are costing.
I bought my property and built my house 30 plus years ago for around $70,000 and it is not nor ever will be worth $500k
We need a crash so I can cash out and then build my final retirement home.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I looked out toward the east. I cannot see Japan from here. They are a tiny little sliver of land. I don’t care if they drink suicide cool aid.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I was just discussing our real estate market with my wife yersterday and how as the Baby Boomers pass away that a lot of the older homes in our beautiful rural downtown area are going to go up on the market.  

It's already diffuclt to sell some of these older downtown homes and often they are purchased by people looking to rent them out and that's not good.

I would rather the homes just fall into disrepair and be bulldozed than end up as rentals.  

I'm worried about our small town downtown areas though, the shops there are already struggling and the hit we'll take in population over the next ten years as Baby Boomers start to pass on in significant numbers is going to be substantial.

My littler rual area is right now benefiting from White flight from the surrounding suburbs that are going to shit, but I am concerned about the smaller outlying little areas that we enjoy visting.  There is a small community just outside our rural community that has a beautiful lake my wife and I would like to move to in the next five years, but its downtown is dependent on Boomer customers, what happens when the Boomers are gone? The downtown homes in that area are largely dependent on Boomers owners, what happens after they are gone?

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow that's crazy, they should probably invite 100 million Indians and Somalians
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

QFT. I'll take the trade off 100%.

I'll add I don't view my primary home as an investment. I have to live somewhere, if my home's price is up because the market is hot then I will have to buy another expensive home if I sell it.
If I sell for cheap because the market is cool then I'll buy the next home cheap.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

The above is accurate.

And where are the “AI is going to take all the jobs”??
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Why don't we just move everybody in the world to the U.S. so the numbers are good?

That's how I win the game, right? I have the high score?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#38]
This is what happens when people stop reproducing, and you don't import millions upon millions of replacements.
To be honest though... why aren't more people having kids in Japan? Housing is cheap.

Its not just that people aren't having kids... more and more people in Japan are turning asexual... from what I've read and heard. I seriously think that there is some sort of global conspiracy to bring down fertility rates amongst productive/civilized people, perhaps through chemical warfare.

Basically the governments of the world are turning more people asexual, gay, trans etc AND using economic warfare against people to discourage breeding.
View Quote

A few years ago I would have called that crazy.
Doesn’t seem far fetched now tho.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Theres also very cheap rural places in the us too. Maybe not 58k cheap but compared to some prices, pretty cheap
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm down to help. I have no issue being the white passenger in a yellow cab.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:
I'll take strict immigration lower crime and litter,
less turning neighbor hoods into 3rd world areas and no foreigners owning land. Falling real estate prices please.
View Quote

Let gaijin own property in some of the prime neighborhoods and real estate markets would take off.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mikeyb76:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mikeyb76:
Originally Posted By DDalton:

Let that asshole buy that house at the top of the market and be stuck holding it at a loss. Or let him sell it to the corporation, and let them hold it until the prices drop out. All these crazy prices were fueled by irrational desperation and FOMO.

Yeah, easy for me to say, with my paid for house. If I didn't own my house I'd be sitting back waiting for the market to drop out while I was banking money to pay for the house I'm gonna buy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Japanese people are one group I would like to see immigrate to the US. They can function in a high trust society.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Does this terrify homeowners? This is what happens in a country with extremely strict immigration control and where foreigners aren't allowed to own real estate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWlL0OQ-7lY
View Quote

Except that us longnosed baka gaijin ARE allowed to buy and own Japanese real estate.  A friend of mine retired there with his wife.  Neither of them have Japanese citizenship or are ethnically Japanese.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sebastian_MacMaine] [#45]
Originally Posted By Steel-Driver-76:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Steel-Driver-76:

They have a retirement visa program.  It's not particularly expensive.  They've also simplified the process for permanent residency if you're a desirable immigrant -- Ph.D., named inventor on patents, speak Japanese to a reasonable level of fluency, speak multiple other languages, own a company, lots of options.

They will also give you a free house in the countryside if you are a desirable resident.

https://www.businessinsider.com/japanese-government-selling-rural-homes-cheap-akiya-banks-2021-5

There are millions of vacant homes in Japan, and some of them are being given away nearly for free.

To find occupants for its millions of "akiya," or unoccupied homes, the Japanese government is enticing would-be homeowners with financial incentives like free properties and sizable renovation subsidies.

Cities like Tochigi and Nagano have "akiya banks." These websites, developed by the city or municipal governments, list abandoned homes. Some of them are available for as little as 50,000 yen ($455).

The town of Okutama in western Tokyo even hands over aging and vacant buildings for free, per Nikkei. Some new residents have found creative ways to repurpose them, turning them into workshops and eateries.

https://www.rethinktokyo.com/free-houses-japan-countryside
some akiya are actually free and sold at the cost of JPY 0. This is usually because the owners cannot take care of the property anymore or do not want to pay the property tax that applies in Japan for a home that they do not use. This website (in Japanese) has a list of free abandoned homes that are up for grabs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/asia/japan-vacant-akiya-ghost-homes/index.html
For example, Okutama subsidizes home repairs for new akiya residents, and encourages akiya owners to relinquish their vacant properties by offering up to $8,820 per 100 square meters (1,076 sq feet).

However, it stipulates that those who receive a free home or renovation assistance must be aged under 40, or be in a couple with at least one child under 18-years-old and one partner aged under 50. Akiya applicants must also commit to settling in the town permanently and invest in upgrading second-hand homes.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:45:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#46]
Watched a good video a while ago on the Japanese tradition of declining housing prices.  It pointed out several reasons, but also that it is probably a dying tradition.

I guess it is important first to look at why most of the world has appreciating values of a depreciating asset.  Houses tend to deteriorate, and is generally the land that is the appreciating asset.  Normally inflation (it cost more to build new than repair old), scarcity (labor or material shortages), or occasional legal restrictions (you can not build in a certain place anymore) are what make houses appreciate.  Land, in a specific location, is always a limited resource.

So going back to Japan, the first issue with their depreciating house value is the post WWII rebuild.  Mass housing was needed, so it was built fast and cheap.  It was not built to last.  Most of these buildings are gone already.  Next issue was culture and code.  They became a technologically progressive culture.  The next wave of housing will always have features the last wave did not.  Repairing the old will not necessarily make it as good as modern new.  Japan has put in new building code, but unlike the US, most remodels require the entire structure to be brought up to current building code.  That can insanely raise the cost of a remodel.  Add to that, Japan's culture accepted recycling.  It was not uncommon for that to go into building design.  Houses were built with the idea of being taken apart rather than demolished.  That can cut the net cost of the new building - either by selling the recycled material or reusing it on the new construction.

The tradition of tearing down rather than remodeling is decreasing now that the post WWII buildings are gone, but some of that tradition remains in the society.  Increased remodel cost coupled with decreased new construction costs also factor in.  Finally, without the tradition of veneration of old buildings - getting modern simply outweighs the old and tired.
---
I did like the video of Japans low homeless rates.  Amazing what good mental health care coupled with a culture of personal responsibility and cultural shame can do to homeless rates.  In the US, homeless is a popularized trend - not the the last resort other than suicide.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Also Japan is retarded expensive.

I don't see retarded prices coming down as a collapse nor anything that is negative.

It's like saying people not wanting to pay 20$ for a meal at McDonalds is a sign the economy is collapsing. No, its a sign that your shit is overpriced and people are fucking done with you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By tveddy:
If you presented me with a problem i could solve with fucking we wouldnt have a problem. Japan is wierd
View Quote
Huh.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Me too.
Page / 3
Top Top