User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FS7:

I have heard of stories of bad interactions with fish cops. I've never had one. I've maybe interacted with one twice in my life, and one time the guy didn't even mention he was a warden until after we'd talked for a while.

I'm not arguing against enforcement. And yeah, I knew plenty of people in PA that did stuff like this (assuming this is true), and I don't care for it, not just because it's bad land management but because it gives hunters a bad name for a variety of reasons. But when I see something like this I usually think a few different things, ranging from "I'm glad all of the real problems in the world are solved" and "I can't believe they spend this much time and effort on pursuing a poacher." It's not just like they caught him jacklighting and taking a shot at an animal from the side of the road at night. I'm reading about warrants and cell phone metadata used to prosecute a case of poaching. That is insane to me, and there's a huge difference between game warden day to day enforcement and something like this.
View Quote

From talking with wardens, there are two types of violators.

Average dudes who either get caught up in the moment, misinterpret the regs, make a mistake, or take game out of economic necessity.

Then there are dudes like this, habitual offenders who are more or less “thrill killers.” They have complete disregard for the rules and are sort of the serial killers of the poaching world. These are the guys they really want to catch.

I would be willing to bet they were already on this guys case for a bit before he took the record buck, based on the number of indictments and the length of time they occurred over.

As for the “social media” metadata stuff, that’s a whole other civil rights issue outside of wildlife. You want to get mad about government overreach? Go do some research on LE using 3rd party location and credit card data to find crime without a warrant. There was an article recently where ATF busted a guy in NY or NJ for having an homemade Glock using 3rd party data.

Bottom line, by and large wildlife management is one of the few areas where government has a necessary purpose, and not only that, they have done a pretty decent job at it as well.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]

I have heard of stories of bad interactions with fish cops. I've never had one. I've maybe interacted with one twice in my life, and one time the guy didn't even mention he was a warden until after we'd talked for a while.

I'm not arguing against enforcement. And yeah, I knew plenty of people in PA that did stuff like this (assuming this is true), and I don't care for it, not just because it's bad land management but because it gives hunters a bad name for a variety of reasons. But when I see something like this I usually think a few different things, ranging from "I'm glad all of the real problems in the world are solved" and "I can't believe they spend this much time and effort on pursuing a poacher." It's not just like they caught him jacklighting and taking a shot at an animal from the side of the road at night. I'm reading about warrants and cell phone metadata used to prosecute a case of poaching. That is insane to me, and there's a huge difference between game warden day to day enforcement and something like this.
View Quote

One of the Northwoods Law or Texas Law shows I watched recently had a case where they took DNA samples and ran tests from some samples they took, so they can get pretty serious if they choose.  I don’t know of any professional poachers I’ve been acquainted with, but I’ve known quite a few recreational hunters and fishermen that pushed the limit on everything they did just for bragging rights. I heard enough of them to know that if there weren’t anyone enforcing the laws they could put a dent in game and fish populations.  Trying to one up everyone else, I’ve known a handful that absolutely would night hunt or trespass.  Trespassing and poaching can lead to accidental shootings and should be dealt with pretty severely.  If you’re on land you’re supposed to be on, one of the benefits is knowing you can walk to your stand without worrying if someone is hunting in an area you walk through.  Catching a trespasser or poacher even accidentally can get ugly as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:

How do you feel about property rights?
View Quote

Trespassing charge is fine but I'll never understand people obsessed with hunting and deer jackers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 8nbait:

He was not charged with spotlighting and killing a deer.  He was just charged with shinning a light on wildlife.   Imagine you are your buddy are 1/2 mile outside of a town by a church like this guy and a buck crosses the road at night in from of you.  You stop and pull a flashlight out of the glove box and get a better look at the deer.  THis would be a crime in Ohio.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 8nbait:
Originally Posted By ZW17:
What is the charge of Jacklighting?

Is that spotlighting?

He was not charged with spotlighting and killing a deer.  He was just charged with shinning a light on wildlife.   Imagine you are your buddy are 1/2 mile outside of a town by a church like this guy and a buck crosses the road at night in from of you.  You stop and pull a flashlight out of the glove box and get a better look at the deer.  THis would be a crime in Ohio.  

It's basically the same as spotlighting. It's not illegal to shine a flashlight at wildlife.

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-revised-code/section-1533.161
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Who gets that serious about deer: I mean you shoot it, pull off the back straps and have the rest turned into summer sausage and deer sticks so you can bring them to every party and act like it’s better than anything else ever made:
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

One of the Northwoods Law or Texas Law shows I watched recently had a case where they took DNA samples and ran tests from some samples they took, so they can get pretty serious if they choose.  I don’t know of any professional poachers I’ve been acquainted with, but I’ve known quite a few recreational hunters and fishermen that pushed the limit on everything they did just for bragging rights. I heard enough of them to know that if there weren’t anyone enforcing the laws they could put a dent in game and fish populations.  Trying to one up everyone else, I’ve known a handful that absolutely would night hunt or trespass.  Trespassing and poaching can lead to accidental shootings and should be dealt with pretty severely.  If you’re on land you’re supposed to be on, one of the benefits is knowing you can walk to your stand without worrying if someone is hunting in an area you walk through.  Catching a trespasser or poacher even accidentally can get ugly as well.
View Quote

There's something to be said for the type of person that does this being a danger in general. Constant disrespect for laws and rules just for the thrill is psychopathic behavior, and involving weapons generally raises alarms. So I get the "ticking time bomb" aspect of it. I find a ton of laws pointless or unconstitutional, but that doesn't mean I can ignore them at my leisure because there are still consequences and unfortunately "that's a stupid and pointless law" doesn't hold up in court. But to some people, they don't care. And yeah, something like trespassing is definitely asking for trouble, given the landowner you may not know at all, and night hunting (at least the way idiots used to do it back home) can be extremely dangerous.

Coming at a case like this from that standpoint would make it more palatable, but like I said some of the things they mentioned definitely gave me pause in the sense of having a hard time believing wildlife officers have that kind of power.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:52:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John_Wayne777] [#7]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Maybe he's a poacher, or maybe Ohio is taking a page from the West Virginia playbook.

https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2022/11/24/officers-lose-their-trophies-they-chose-poorly/
View Quote

This.

I don't automatically believe the government narrative in these types of cases. There are plenty of shitbag poachers out there, too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
In before the guys complaining about “Muh King’s deer!”
View Quote

Yep. You beat me to it
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:40:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#10]
Originally Posted By Tallahasseezz:
Would never trust someone with that beard.
View Quote

“Honest Abe” my ass….

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mancow:
It's a deer. Who gives a flying fuck? They should be on the extinction list. Why we allow these things to wander into highways and destroy property is an enigma to me.
View Quote

If they are destroying property, you can get a depridation permit to kill them, out of season.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:19:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AttachedFile:

That's kinda why I ask. How does jealousy or such validate getting a warrant? What were the grounds for a judge giving the ok for a warrant? I understand someone seeing it on a trail cam or something the same day some distance away.

Not directed at you and not defending the guy, just curiosity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:
So what made them question the kill from the start? Is there a fenced in pay to hunt place down the road with big bucks he took it from or???
The few cases I know that sound similar are along the lines of hunter says the deer was killed at X spot, but someone has photos of it 20 miles away an hour before.

Also, never underestimate the jealousy of some people who aren't happy at what other people kill. Then there's those who think that because they've never killed a buck that big, the hunter must have done it illegally.

That's kinda why I ask. How does jealousy or such validate getting a warrant? What were the grounds for a judge giving the ok for a warrant? I understand someone seeing it on a trail cam or something the same day some distance away.

This shit bird did an hours long interview not long after he killed the deer.  I heard it.  It was obvious he was lying about the entire thing.  Any experienced hunter knew he was lying.  And game wardens have heard it all and I am sure they knew from the beginning they too knew he was lying.  It just took a little time to get the digital evidence and get the deadbeat's friends to roll over on him.

For those who don't hunt big game, it seems like a trivial trespassing issue.  It is anything but that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:22:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#14]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

To make some argument that state fish and game agencies are akin to the most bloated and corrupt parts of our federal government is laughable.

In Ohio there is exactly one ODNR Officer per each county. My county, a rural county, we have hundreds of active officers working at different agencies and exactly one to enforce wildlife law.

Not to mention, in my almost 30 years afield I’ve interacted with exactly 3 wildlife officers. You could poach for years and get away with it if you were smart about it. Compared to any other regulated activity, enforcement of wildlife law is pretty lax.

When I killed a 197” B&C buck a few years ago did I get harassed by the ODNR? Nope. Didn’t even get a phone call.

I’m sure they probably looked at the coordinates when I validated my landowner game check, but that’s probably about it. (As they should.) Shit, I didn’t even buy a hunting license that year as I only hunted my own property (not required per state law.)

Is there government overreach going on in this county that is bloated and needs cut back? Sure.

But does that include state wildlife agencies that are largely self funded via license and tag sales? I don’t see it, especially when in large part they are doing a good job of exactly the thing they were put in place to do.

Do they get shit wrong sometimes? No doubt, and ours certainly hears from me when they are getting it wrong.

But I also know why they exist, and I wouldn’t want them to go away.

This guy was a serial offender. He is exactly the guy we pay our wildlife agencies to catch. Arguing against wildlife enforcement in this thread is, let’s just say odd.

I had sex with a game warden’s daughter in high school.  Every time I hunted birds, a warden would show up, check my plug, license, and look for something to ticket me for. I got a ticket for fishing without a license while on the way to my truck to get my wallet/license (you have to carry it on your person).  For about 4-5 years (until that particular GW retired or transferred or something) I’d always get pulled over and searched during deer season.

I’m ok with enforcing fish/game laws, but GW aren’t perfect people either.  Game wardens have a degree of latitude in searching or entry that most cops don’t- some of them abuse that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Well there was that civil war thing
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RandyBroshankle:
It's a single fucking deer.

If you are reading this and want to tax, arrest or shoot someone over a shooting a wild animal that isn't rare or on the verge of extinction, you need to look in the mirror and seek God.

Tyrants everywhere.
View Quote

No shit. Everyone here talks about being a minuteman, a patriot, ready to fight the system, capping redcoats etc. and then they go off on a kid for killing one of the king's deer.

You guys have no idea what type of person it takes to fight tyranny. But I can give you a hint: it ain't the kind of guy who follows the fucking DNR regs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:

No shit. Everyone here talks about being a minuteman, a patriot, ready to fight the system, capping redcoats etc. and then they go off on a kid for killing one of the king's deer.

You guys have no idea what type of person it takes to fight tyranny. But I can give you a hint: it ain't the kind of guy who follows the fucking DNR regs.
View Quote

Wait, so I’m not a patriot because I don’t believe in anarchy when it comes to wildlife management @BigBurkeyBoy?

This fucking place…

I’m not quite sure how some of you people function in day to day real life.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Okay, from now on only poaching thief shitbags can talk about "capping redcoats."
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tsg68:
Lol, he still shot a record buck…
View Quote

Yes he did.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Wait, so I’m not a patriot because I don’t believe in anarchy when it comes to wildlife management @BigBurkeyBoy?

This fucking place…

I’m not quite sure how some of you people function in day to day real life.
View Quote

Many don't.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mancow:
It's a deer. Who gives a flying fuck? They should be on the extinction list. Why we allow these things to wander into highways and destroy property is an enigma to me.
View Quote

Environmentalists read comments like this and think we're all retarded, and then get new laws passed to make it harder for us to use land for hunting.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Amish neckbeard
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AJE:

@BuckeyeRifleman this thread is a gold mine for your other thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2722563_Most-insane-takes-you-ve-seen-in-arfcom-GD.html
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AJE:

If you are reading this and want to tax, arrest or shoot someone over a shooting a wild animal that isn't rare or on the verge of extinction, you need to look in the mirror and seek God.

Tyrants everywhere.

@BuckeyeRifleman this thread is a gold mine for your other thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2722563_Most-insane-takes-you-ve-seen-in-arfcom-GD.html

Haha yup! @AJE GD hunting threads are always grade A entertainment.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

This.  Nowadays with as many cameras as there are in the woods a highly recognizable deer like that is on someone’s radar.  If you shoot it and put it in the newspaper and say you shot it in a certain area and someone else has it a couple of hours earlier at a feeder twenty miles away on camera, there’s a good chance they’re making a phone call.
View Quote

Feeders are illegal in OH.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#29]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Dumber-626396-187.jpg

People don’t think market hunting be like it is, but it do.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/IMG_2179_png-3212483.JPG

View Quote

Two deer per person in the picture. How many states allow more than one deer per season?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Feeders are illegal in OH.
View Quote

No they’re not. I don’t personally use them, but last I checked they are 100% legal on private land.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Why is this even an issue?

Did the guy, shoot towards another human? A house? Endanger anyone???

He shot a wild animal, the state would prefer to have that animal waste away and rot in a garbage dump than eaten by a family.

Unless that guy was trespassing or putting others in danger, who cares.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
Why is this even an issue?

Did the guy, shoot towards another human? A house? Endanger anyone???

He shot a wild animal, the state would prefer to have that animal waste away and rot in a garbage dump than eaten by a family.

Unless that guy was trespassing or putting others in danger, who cares.
View Quote

Uh, he was trespassing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Nationwide means a roughly identical agency in every state. No, it's not a federal agency. That's why I used the word nationwide and not the word federal.

I have hunted for 30 years and fished for almost 40. I have worked with stocking and conservation organizations in two states. This is from me, not from any "anarcho-libertarian" website. Nobody really cares much about this.

I did not say anything about any species other than the whitetail deer. For example, I know elk are not as widespread as they used to be. But somehow elk, a very, very similar animal to a whitetail deer, have, through extensive conservation management, been reestablished in some states. In PA, this means they've gone from a population of zero a hundred years ago to 1400 now. But the whitetail deer in Ohio have gone from zero (supposedly) to about 750,000 over that time period. Why are there 50 times as many deer? Instead of automatically assuming the premise is true, it would make more sense to question whether the numbers were accurate in the first place.

But go ahead, continue to put words in my mouth. You're essentially arguing that government intervention is necessary everywhere in every state because of what happened in one state even if that very specifically didn't happen in another state. I'm saying that because conservation efforts are necessary or successful in some cases doesn't mean they are automatically necessary in all cases.
View Quote

In my decades living in OH, I saw it go from a deer sighting was something special to them being mile markers in certain areas where they were previously never seen. The reintroduction and management of deer in OH was started a century ago, and the reintroduction of elk is much more recent, less than 30 years. That would explain the difference in numbers, along with the habitat requirements of the two species.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#34]

No they’re not. I don’t personally use them, but last I checked they are 100% legal on private land.
View Quote

It may have changed since I stopped hunting, but it was illegal to bait deer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:07:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Dude, the White tailed deer was considered extirpated from Ohio in 1909 and then reintroduced in 1922. 200 deer were reintroduced between 1922 and 1930. There wasn’t a hunting season for deer in the state until 1947 and only 8500 permits were sold, only 168 hunters were successful.

Last year 213,928 people harvested a deer in the state.

You can repeat this same story for virtually every state in the nation, all easily verified, factual information. This isn’t some conspiracy amongst the “fish cops” to keep “big government” control over wildlife. It’s just what happened.

Saying it didn’t is one of the most retarded things I’ve read on this site.

Of course wildlife populations are “estimates.” They are wild animals, so of course we don’t know exact numbers. But in the early 1900s when no one was seeing any deer, we knew we had a problem. Shit my dad remembers it being a huge deal to see a deer in the early 1960s. We have people alive who remember how bad it was.
View Quote

I never saw my first deer track until the 1970’s. And I stayed in the woods. Now they’re everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#37]

It may have changed since I stopped hunting, but it was illegal to bait deer.
View Quote
You can feed them but it's illegal to hunt over a food pile.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

He wasn’t in uniform?
I’ve had good and bad reactions with DNR. But they’ve always been in uniform. About half assume you are guilty from the start. Even on your own land. About half are a$$holes.

If the guy is guilty, throw the book at him. But make sure the evidence is sound.  And big whitetails have been known to roam miles during the rut.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

I had sex with a game warden’s daughter in high school.  Every time I hunted birds, a warden would show up, check my plug, license, and look for something to ticket me for. I got a ticket for fishing without a license while on the way to my truck to get my wallet/license (you have to carry it on your person).  For about 4-5 years (until that particular GW retired or transferred or something) I’d always get pulled over and searched during deer season.

I’m ok with enforcing fish/game laws, but GW aren’t perfect people either.  Game wardens have a degree of latitude in searching or entry that most cops don’t- some of them abuse that.
View All Quotes

To make some argument that state fish and game agencies are akin to the most bloated and corrupt parts of our federal government is laughable.

In Ohio there is exactly one ODNR Officer per each county. My county, a rural county, we have hundreds of active officers working at different agencies and exactly one to enforce wildlife law.

Not to mention, in my almost 30 years afield I’ve interacted with exactly 3 wildlife officers. You could poach for years and get away with it if you were smart about it. Compared to any other regulated activity, enforcement of wildlife law is pretty lax.

When I killed a 197” B&C buck a few years ago did I get harassed by the ODNR? Nope. Didn’t even get a phone call.

I’m sure they probably looked at the coordinates when I validated my landowner game check, but that’s probably about it. (As they should.) Shit, I didn’t even buy a hunting license that year as I only hunted my own property (not required per state law.)

Is there government overreach going on in this county that is bloated and needs cut back? Sure.

But does that include state wildlife agencies that are largely self funded via license and tag sales? I don’t see it, especially when in large part they are doing a good job of exactly the thing they were put in place to do.

Do they get shit wrong sometimes? No doubt, and ours certainly hears from me when they are getting it wrong.

This guy was a serial offender. He is exactly the guy we pay our wildlife agencies to catch. Arguing against wildlife enforcement in this thread is, let’s just say odd.

Are you trying to say that Dad did not "approve" of you bangin' his daughter?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Tyrants everywhere.
View Quote
If being the number one biggest typical buck in all of recorded history in Ohio and the number three biggest all time in the entire United States of America isn't "rare" then I don't know what is...
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Two deer per person in the picture. How many states allow more than one deer per season?
View Quote
Alaska has some higher limits on certain mammals.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:01:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: georgiaboy] [#42]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

If you catch game cam pics of the dude doing it, pics of the deer mins before it was shot (and the hunter claims it was miles away) or, and this is going to be controversial, you're high fenced, then I agree.
Otherwise, bucks wander a large area, and that dude is innocent until proven guilty.
View Quote

The hunter did claim it was miles away. Ten miles I think is what I read. Can you clarify for me, are you
saying that if I don't high fence my entire property, they're not trespassing?  I'm well aware that deer move around.  Not across the county though.  If the poacher says he killed a deer that my neighbors and I see on the regular ten miles away, he wasn't trespassing? I don't have to prove he was trespassing to know that he's full of shit.  That's enough to look further.  Notice the rabbit sheriff's didn't just run out and kick his door in; they did search warrants, compared locations, did interviews.  You know, they did their jobs.

I've owned 50+acres for a lot of years. If owning land has taught me anything it's that people are
completely entitled FSA when it comes to going where they want and fishing/hunting my land. I've had
a running chore keeping people off my land, and they act like I should just let them access it. I've
literally had people cuss at me for hunting my own stand when they wanted to sit there that morning.
Before you say "got a gun", go ahead and point a gun at another over a misdemeanor trespassing. They
see you from 50 yards away, and start yelling, what you gonna do? climb down and chase them? Good
luck. Wing them so they'll be there when the law finally arrives, again good luck.

I've paid tens of thousands to maintain my land and pay the government their rent each year. Quite
frankly, the idea that I should have to high fence my entire property to avoid tempting trespassers is
absurd. If I want to hunt it once every five years and only kill mosquitoes that's my business. It doesn't
give anyone else the right to come on my land because I'm selfish with my deer. It damn sure doesn't
give some little meth-billy shit-stain like the one pictured the right to come on my land because I have
developed something nice, and he wants it.

If he leases the property next door, fine. If he owns a half acre a half mile down the road and the deer is
standing in his front yard, great. If he drove 10 miles across town from his family land (that even his
own family won't let him hunt), fuck him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:08:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: georgiaboy] [#43]
Originally Posted By TheJudgeHolden:

If being the number one biggest typical buck in all of recorded history in Ohio and the number three biggest all time in the entire United States of America isn't "rare" then I don't know what is...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheJudgeHolden:

Tyrants everywhere.

It's not about the deer.  The deer is simply the golden egg the trespassing piece of shit was too stupid to not brag about.  It's about some piece of shit that thinks it's just fine to sneak onto another's property and take whatever he likes because, well, he likes it.  

I'm amazed how quickly GD goes from cussing about the Free Shit Army and Amish thieves to defending trespassers like they are the righteous defenders of true freedom.  If someone trespassed in your living room would that be ok? They're just watching your TV; they don't have one so it's ok.  Same logic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:
So what made them question the kill from the start? Is there a fenced in pay to hunt place down the road with big bucks he took it from or???
The few cases I know that sound similar are along the lines of hunter says the deer was killed at X spot, but someone has photos of it 20 miles away an hour before.

Also, never underestimate the jealousy of some people who aren't happy at what other people kill. Then there's those who think that because they've never killed a buck that big, the hunter must have done it illegally.

I'm not a deer hunter and refer to deer hunting fanatics in my area as Deer Nazis.

I can assure you the Nazis in my area have all of their big bucks named from Trail camera footage and the person who owned the property that came from probably has footage of him just a few minutes prior to him being poached.

Also get a load of the restitution calculation formula at the end of the article.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

OK, so the moral of this story is;
Always leave your cell phone at home
Don't tell anyone where you are going
Hunt private hard to reach places
Get the deer out as quickly and quietly as possible so no one sees or hears you
Under no circumstances do you take a picture of anything ever
butcher the deer in an isolated place
make your own European mount and hang where NO ONE but you will ever see
Do not ever tell anyone else
If the game warden shows up say Warrant, Lawyer

Does this cover everything or did I miss something????
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:

He wasn’t in uniform?
I’ve had good and bad reactions with DNR. But they’ve always been in uniform. About half assume you are guilty from the start. Even on your own land. About half are a$$holes.

If the guy is guilty, throw the book at him. But make sure the evidence is sound.  And big whitetails have been known to roam miles during the rut.
View Quote

I couldn't tell. He was wearing a jacket, I remember, since it was early trout season and typical weather is often overcast and misty.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:33:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#48]
Originally Posted By diesel1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By diesel1:

That would certainly seem to be the case.  I damned sure wasn’t the only one who did, btw.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#49]
So do they now check everyone cell records on the day they report harvesting? Complete government overreach buy the fish cops

if so screw taking your phone along. Just take a good old camera for photos
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top