User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:
I love the Soloman boots, I'm on my 4th pair.

I'd recommend to find somewhere to try different boots on. I loved the looks and features in a few Asolo boots but I found that they don't fit my feet at all.

View Quote
I just won a gift certificate for solomans at SOF Week. I'm trying to figure out if I want to get the jungle boots or the quest 4d forces mids.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By maslin02:
Been through them all.

Zamberlan.
View Quote

Top Tier, but I can't justify the normal price. Worth stalking on Midway, however...
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
Try them all on and pick one that fits your feet well.

For me that was Asolo.
View Quote
Yep.

Brand recommendations are worthless.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Wammel:
Its not which brands are good so much as which good brands fit your feet. Go to REI get your feet measured, and try out a few pairs, then buy elsewhere as fk those commie loving bstrds.

Also remember if you are hiking on hills with a backpack the fit might need to be different compared to the flat without a pack.
View Quote
This, pretty much.
People swear by Merrel but they don't work for me. I've been wearing Keen Targhees for years and love em. But you need to see what fits your feet. REI/most outfitters have inclines you can use also to check for slippage. It's not perfect but it's better than just walking around the store.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Tagging this. No REI even close to me. Been looking at Lowa's. Need 12/12.5 WIDE. Got skinny, flat duck feet. All my Nick's/White's are 12E/12EE.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Danner Crater Rim
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:36:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DukeFan23] [#7]
Just went to REI yesterday looking for a new hiking boot.  Tried on a bunch.  Ended up liking the Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid GTX the best.

Ordered direct from Salomon after I left.

Previous pair was Lowa Zephyrs which I really liked.  Was just looking for something a little more lightweight.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:44:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HKaltwasser] [#8]
I run Solomon Quest 4's and like them a lot, but I think I'll be trying some Zamberlin Baltoro Lite or 960's next. I've been eyeing them for a year or so.

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/product/22517215/1110-baltoro-lite-gtx-r-rr-men-s-hunting-boots-musk?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw0YGyBhByEiwAQmBEWq2lAwNnr3ATJ1lVH_4V-3L4HTcDzM8DpXmIYkKq6H-6aXP03h3KsBoC99MQAvD_BwE
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Where does one get their feet scanned? Wife is notoriously hard to get sized.
View Quote

The ID store in Nampa had one of these when I was growing up in the 60s. Free, as I recall.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I am currently using Asolo Landscape GVs for light hiking.  They are usually on sale, probably due to bad reviews because they click when new.  That goes away in about 2 miles.  Great boots.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
asolo fugitive.

i can destroy a pair in a year, tho.
View Quote

I think im on pair 9 or 10 . I like em tho . They actually last for a long time if you use them for their intended purpose. I wore them as work boots for a few years and got around a year or two out of a pair wearing them mostly on asphalt/concrete . Very comfortable and lightweight. I cant remember my feet ever getting wet in a pair .
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pr24guy] [#12]
These Salomons are several years old. I did 13 miles in them yesterday. I never had a problem with Salomon 3 Mid GTX boots. They have the shoelace lock for support. So you won't need a higher boot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I love Solomon’s. One thing I’ve realized though is make sure you get the right size as in the past they’ve been narrow at times or the heel is more shallow than other manufacturers. Shallow heels grind away at my Achilles. Had to go a size up in all my Salomon’s vs my MOABs. . Once I did they are all perfect.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top