Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The artist is going to have quite a hustle, helping neighbors piss off neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
[Gunny Hartman voice]
Hell I like you! You can come over and borrow my mower!

He's silly and he's creative but he's got guts.
[Gunny Hartman voice]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Michaelson:
Love it.

Malicious compliance to retarded rules is always appreciated.
View Quote

Indeed.  Well done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#5]
We like our neighbor hood. The city has an ordinance against parking recreational vehicles and commercial vehicles in residential neighborhoods or in a location visible from the street.  We get people from California moving in with all their toys who park them on the street, in their front yard, and in front of other people’s houses.

The city tows their shit away to the impound lot after one warning.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By fttam:
That’s like some cornstalk level stuff right there
View Quote

It wasn’t corn.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#7]
30 some years ago a man named Hill green owned a gas station in Boone NC and he flew a huge american flag over his station. The town told him it violated the town signage law and he had to take it down. He told them to fuck off and it ended up in court where he won on the free speech claim. He receive a call from the US President thanking him for fighting for his right to fly the flag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Palm:
We like our neighbor hood. The city has an ordinance against parking recreational vehicles and commercial vehicles in residential neighborhoods or in a location visible from the street.  We get people from California moving in with all their toys who park them on the street, in their front yard, and in front of other people’s houses.

View Quote

Found the Karen...
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:11:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DDiggler] [#10]
he must be related to this guy

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Michaelson:
Love it.

Malicious compliance to retarded rules is always appreciated.
View Quote

This. Love it!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Sure showed those Commies good! They should move to a free state.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
That is fantastic!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I get the street thing but otherwise pretty lame telling a person what they can park on their own property. Glad I don't live there.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
They'll make an ordinance that you cant paint murals on fences next.
View Quote

I’m pretty sure in Minneapolis there is an ordinance like that.  But of course it’s weakly enforced if it’s a politically correct.  And takes 10 times as long for the enforcement to still happen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#16]
At first bitching, repaint it with an old beat down RV complete with a couple bums sitting in front of an open fire pit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Koa] [#17]
I can be friends with that guy! That's fucking hilarious!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Seaside resident Etienne Constable was told he needed to erect a cover to obscure the vessel or he would face an $100 fine back in July 2023.

Municipal codes state that, 'boats and large pickup campers, motor homes, recreation vehicles, utility trailers, and vacation trailers' can only be parked on driveways if, 'screened on the side and front by a six-foot-high fence'.

Constable explained he frequently uses his boat Might as Well to go fishing and has kept it parked in the driveway for four years before every receiving any complaint.

'I thought, "This is ridiculous," and my first reaction was to leave a nasty, nasty message at the city hall,' he added in an interview with the Washington Post.

'And then I thought, well, I might as well build a screen … I'll do what they want, but I'm not going to do it their way.'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/10/20/84721871-13405351-image-a-28_1715370373057.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/10/20/84721861-13405351-image-a-30_1715370383897.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/05/10/20/84721863-13405351-image-a-34_1715370420236.jpg

More
View Quote

OMG
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#21]
A true feel-good story. Troll master level unlocked!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Trompe-l'œil
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:
Only thing better would be Titanic.
View Quote

Or  rusty '72 Camaro on cinder blocks with the doors leaning against the fenders.
And weeds growing around it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

fences must be painted white
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I love my non neighborhood where I park my stuff where I want and there aren’t any busybodies to complain about it.  The tractors, camper, and ATV go in the barn to keep them out of the weather.  Implements and the utility trailer are lined up along the wind break.

I get not wanting it parked in the street in front of your house.  I don’t see why anyone cares if it’s on the owners property.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I get the street thing but otherwise pretty lame telling a person what they can park on their own property. Glad I don't live there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Yeah, the whole reason I don’t want Californians moving in is that they tend to want stupid rules that limit my use of my own property.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kiju:

Found the Karen...
View All Quotes

Found the Karen...

It is not a Karen thing. It is simply how the city handles the problem children. If you don’t like it, move 10 miles down the road and you have your couch on the front porch and cars on jacks in your driveway. Not everyone wants to live in a dump.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#30]
The wailing and gnashing of teeth must have been glorious

Job well done, and staying done
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Brilliant.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By posifour11:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By posifour11:

It is a mater of free will.  You are free to live where you want.  That includes people who like nice orderly neighborhoods.  I guess you don’t understand not everyone wants to live in trashy neighborhoods. There are cities near our city that you can sit on your old couch in the front yard drinking quart beers. You don’t even have to throw them into the trash.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#33]

reminds me a long time ago a  body shop screwed me over and wouldn't make it right. I used to go fishing with my dad a lot and I collected the fish heads and guts from fish. It kept it frozen and when  I had the heads and guts from about three dozen filleted fish, I paid the body shop late on a Friday night and dumped it all in the doorstep. I wonder what it was like Monday morning?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 21usernamechecksout] [#34]
But THIS is A-fucking OK!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By n0zzle:

Would that be an ex post facto law?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By n0zzle:

Would that be an ex post facto law?  

Only if they fine him for having the mural on days prior to enactment.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Winner
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I was going to say am I in before the HOA Karen’s arrive but I think not.

Anyway that guy is my hero.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#38]

It is not a Karen thing. It is simply how the city handles the problem children. If you don’t like it, move 10 miles down the road and you have your couch on the front porch and cars on jacks in your driveway. Not everyone wants to live in a dump.
View All Quotes

Found the Karen...

Can you explain in objective terms why parking a boat in the driveway is a problem?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Circle_R:

I'd buy that guy a beer
View Quote

I'm in for a case and grille in the driveway too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
At first bitching, repaint it with an old beat down RV complete with a couple bums sitting in front of an open fire pit.
View Quote

Get the uglest, rusted POS car that still runs and park it in in the street during the day.  If you can figure out who complained, park it in front of their house every day.   Maybe get a small fleet of them and move them around to avoid tickets.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#41]
lmao

A glass fence would've been cooler though.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#43]
That guy is fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fssf158:

Can you explain in objective terms why parking a boat in the driveway is a problem?
View Quote

Yes,

1.  It detracts from the neighborhood because the available parking is being consumed for storage purpose.
2.  It also attracts criminal elements that steal shit from the boat to the neighborhood.  
3.  It is an attractive nuisance where children can hurt themselves.
4.  It reduces the desirability of the neighborhood; thereby reducing the property values.

I will repeat again, if you don't like it, don't live there. People actually buy homes is such neighborhoods because that is what they like. I personally own a travel trailer and I store it at a storage lot. It is actually better because I pay for covered parking and no one fucks with it there.

Oh, by the way, we don’t have keggers in our neighborhood too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AR15Texan:
"'I'm not a rule-breaker"

"and has kept it parked in the driveway for four years before every receiving any complaint. "

Yes you are.
View Quote

You must be a lot of fun at parties…
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I'd have added a pitbull and a fentanyl zombie for good measure
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top