BCM
User Panel

Bidenomics is awesome (Page 2 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Main cause of inflation is the .gov.  Money printing has consequences.
View Quote

Worth repeating.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Imagine how much better off we'd be if Trump was still in.  
View Quote
never gonna happen.

best be getting yourself ready for the draft for WWIII to fight joe's war instead there, big shoots.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ARandomClaymore:
Interesting.

My income (pay rate) has stayed the same since 2020. Zero raise(s).

Everything else around has only increased: gas, food, electricity, home & auto insurance, health insurance, childcare. List goes on.
View Quote
indeed.com
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wc22312:
Bidenomics about to have shackin up with my ex again. I'm serious
View Quote
pics of ex?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FMJ3:

I guess the unfettered illegal masses are a boon for the middleclass.    

View Quote

Don't forget the rise in crime rates and being the laughing stock of the world.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By durtychemist:

I love republicans using the term Bidenomics after claiming Ronnie was such a great President. Reagenomics wasn’t exactly great for the working class but we still have to believe he was such a great President.
View Quote

Ignorance or trolling?

The unemployment rate declined to 5% in 1988. The inflation rate declined from 10% in 1980 to 4% in 1988.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BDA:

Yeah.. after Carter... Reagan and the economy were epic. And he was.
View Quote

This

He made two errors, they were big (guns and amnesty), but otherwise a great pres.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#8]
America is so back!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]

I love republicans using the term Bidenomics after claiming Ronnie was such a great President. Reagenomics wasn’t exactly great for the working class but we still have to believe he was such a great President.
View Quote

He was a great president and he was great for the working man.  Working man was paying 16+ percent interest on his mortgage. Reagan turned that. Reagan gave the working man a tax cut. Reagan made the working man proud to be a n American.  Reagan made the military and military service something to be proud of.
Reagan was the man .  As good as Trump might be and I love the way he fucks with liberals he will never be a Ronald Fucking Reagan.

By the way thanks for giving me the opportunity to say goodbye.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Totally, totally AWESOME!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:51:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HKaltwasser] [#11]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Presidents don’t control the economy. Don’t be ridiculous.
View Quote

Yet when Biden shuts down the Keystone pipeline, the markets react immediately. Oil trading goes up in reaction and starts the inflationary problems followed up by spending too much, keeping people at home while paying them, then following the support of a war. Inflating money supply, while keeping workers at home or paying them to stay home. Money supply in excess while the workers aren't producing anything compound inflationary problems, so easy to see; but you have a detached president that has never worked or run a business in the private sector. He's been a government goon his whole life.

Inflation was at 1.4% when Biden came in, two years later it was 9%(likely higher in reality, since the way cpi is measured).

No they don't control the economy, but they create conditions that either spur or restrict growth. This time, FED is trying to control the fallout from this presidents decisions in creating conditions for inflation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:54:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HKaltwasser] [#12]
double
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Main cause of inflation is the .gov.  Money printing has consequences.
View Quote

The winning post!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RichinCM:
Wait - Biden was inaugurated on January 2021.....

This is proof that there are lies, damned lies, and statistics...
View Quote

Easy enough to do with FRED.

Average hourly earnings (thru April) +16.16%
CPI (thru March) +18.9%
PCE deflator (thru March) +15.7%
S&P 500 (thru yesterday) +40.4%

That bull market man, it is great and we should just keep voting for Joe!  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

Fuck that guy. He ruined my dreams of owning an M240 when I was 1 month old.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Please actually research the FOPA and the details around its passage.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

Ignorance or trolling?

The unemployment rate declined to 5% in 1988. The inflation rate declined from 10% in 1980 to 4% in 1988.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotigers:

Ignorance or trolling?

The federal debt rose from $900B to $2.7T during that time as well.  Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HKaltwasser:

Yet when Biden shuts down the Keystone pipeline, the markets react immediately. Oil trading goes up in reaction and starts the inflationary problems followed up by spending too much, keeping people at home while paying them, then following the support of a war. Inflating money supply, while keeping workers at home or paying them to stay home. Money supply in excess while the workers aren't producing anything compound inflationary problems, so easy to see; but you have a detached president that has never worked or run a business in the private sector. He's been a government goon his whole life.

Inflation was at 1.4% when Biden came in, two years later it was 9%(likely higher in reality, since the way cpi is measured).

No they don't control the economy, but they create conditions that either spur or restrict growth. This time, FED is trying to control the fallout from this presidents decisions in creating conditions for inflation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HKaltwasser:

If Trump was in, we would have seen inflation spike as well. Trump bux have a cost.  As Friedman stated, there is a lag between monetary actions and when it is observed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
This kind of prosperity is a wealth builder. Wages outpacing inflation, stock market running to all time highs. Joe should get re-elected easily.

Thread derail good try.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Lawmonkey:
Wages went up 22%

Everything else went up 100%

That's a 78% drop in buying power

Love me some Bidenomics!
View Quote

Only some peoples' wages went up. I sure as hell didn't see it at the cop shop.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#20]
If Trump was in, we would have seen inflation spike as well. Trump bux have a cost.  As Friedman stated, there is a lag between monetary actions and when it is observed.
View Quote

Agreed.  Biden's 2nd stimulus made it worse.

I actually heard that same Friedman quote yesterday by the chief economist at Wisdom Tree.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I haven't had a raise in 3 years....
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:11:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#22]
Originally Posted By kakirubi:
I haven't had a raise in 3 years....
View Quote

You're not the only one.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#23]

I actually heard that same Friedman quote yesterday by the chief economist at Wisdom Tree.  
View All Quotes

Agreed.  There hasn't been a fiscally conservative president in my entire lifetime.

My OP is tongue in cheek from a Carville quote in the 90's.  "It's the economy, stupid."  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kraquine] [#24]
Wages went up 22%

Love me some Bidenomics!
View Quote

That doesn't exactly reflect real data nor the lines of people I see waiting to get in to whatever restaurants I pass by every night ......

Average price data (in U.S. dollars), selected items
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ekie:

I was there and lived it. Yes the 1980's were good economically, and I am here now, and it's not good economically.  But if I had a TV maybe I would get confused about what is good and what is bad, but, I don't have one.

Their policies and regulations have a direct and major impact on the economy. When people make that statement, I honestly wonder if it’s ignorance or just stupidity.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#26]
The bond market will be having its say soon enough.  It will be like the cops showing up to the party when no one is left to buy our junk bonds except for the Fed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:22:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#27]
I have so little faith in current incompetence driven events / happenings and side effects and ESPECIALLY in future ones that I’m installing a whole house back up generator , bulk fuel storage and considering getting a freeze dryer for preserving garden / hunting / store bought food better.

Because acting like your house is returning to the 1750s  is how you act when things are going great, and you only expect things to get better.

Shit, with Biden in charge I’ll probably have the full on 1750s experience, Indian raids ( dot type / h1b ) on the homestead, attacked in the back yard by roving packs of reintroduced wolves, in addition to no power and as a treat on top, previously eradicated diseases coming back / outbreaks, smallpox, tuberculosis , dysentery, hepatitis of all flavors, it’s gonna be great. No time travel needed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Wages went up 22%

Love me some Bidenomics!
View Quote

That seems about right. Everything seems like its double what it was just a few years ago.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#29]
"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Funny thing about inflation calculations.

Let's say that a person, after paying bills has a $200.00 surplus with $100 a week budgeted for food and $100 a week budgeted to go to things he just wants like a new TV or something similar. (This is extremely simplified to illustrate what is happening.)

That new TV costs $1,000. That means, before Biden the Pretender usurped the Eagle Throne, that person could buy that new TV (or whatever) after 10 weeks of saving for it. But when food prices double that TV becomes forever out of reach. Meanwhile the inflation calculations show that the TV, which is now selling at a discount of $900 because no one can afford luxuries, offsets the rise in food prices some and inflation isn't that bad. If it had been that TV that had doubled in price while the food prices dropped then the person could still get the TV eventually, it would just take a few weeks longer to save for it.

And that's the problem. Inflation might have increased the average price of things by 20% on average but what has increased most in price is not luxury goods but absolute essentials like housing and food. This leaves many, myself included, struggling to get by not only because my expenses have gone up but because the step kids legitimately need help to get by. Meanwhile simple luxuries that only cost a few hundred, or even a few tens of dollars seem out of reach because we are going into debt just buying the essentials.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Fuck Reagan. Gun grabber.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#32]
No counting for inflation or the fact that he took over during the lockdowns.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

He tripped the national debt. He created an even bigger wage gap. Yeah he was awesome at making sure the rich got rich and the poor became poorer. At least Carter made everyone go broke.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

Clearly you weren't alive during Ronald Reagan's two terms as president.

I swear this place is overrun with blue activists.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

Clearly you weren't alive during Ronald Reagan's two terms as president.

I swear this place is overrun with blue activists.

Oh I was a,I’ve. I just don’t bleed red. I don’t back someone because of a political association. I actually look into it instead of trusting grand pappy and his memory of 40 years ago.

Gotta spend more to make more, right?

Good thing he built up the military so Bush could take us into a few oversea battles.

Spending during the years Reagan budgeted (FY 1982–89) averaged 21.6% GDP, roughly tied with President Obama for the highest among any recent President.
Each faced a severe recession early in their administration. In addition, the public debt rose from 26% GDP in 1980 to 41% GDP by 1988.
In dollar terms, the public debt rose from $712 billion in 1980 to $2.052 trillion in 1988, a roughly three-fold increase.[31]: 143  The unemployment rate rose from 7% in 1980 to 11% in 1982, then declined to 5% in 1988.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 917-30:

He was a hell of a lot better than what we would have had with Mondale/Ferraro so I'm not complaining, but you do you.

Reagan was good enough for the economy that Clinton was able to ride the wave for his entire term with his policies only crashing the market at the very end, and then again in 2007.
View Quote

You skipped a President.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:

Critical thinking, try to learn how to do it.
View Quote

I did. It’s called research not blindly believing the republicans who wish everyone could go back to the 80s. It’s why trump isn’t going to win. People don’t want to go back to the 80s because we have a lot more information about how it was.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#37]

I did. It’s called research not blindly believing the republicans who wish everyone could go back to the 80s. It’s why trump isn’t going to win. People don’t want to go back to the 80s because we have a lot more information about how it was.
View Quote

I’ll take the 80s, thanks though!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I miss jimmah cahter also. My IRA CD in his final term was paying 20% for the next 4 years. Then Reagan came and had to kill the deflation but I was still earning 20%.
National Bank of Detroit spent the last 2 years trying to get me to switch to a lower paying CD.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Propane tank analogy: I purchased a 20# propane tank five years ago for $29 as of this morning the same is $59.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:05:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#40]

He tripped the national debt. He created an even bigger wage gap. Yeah he was awesome at making sure the rich got rich and the poor became poorer. At least Carter made everyone go broke.
View All Quotes

I don't worship Ronnie, but LOL.

You need to get help.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#41]
I struggled through Carter's Stagflation and Misery Index. Reagan was the light at the end of the tunnel. True, he had to jam the brakes on hard to bring inflation under control and it hurt, but after that, things improved rapidly.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Frank_B:
I struggled through Carter's Stagflation and Misery Index. Reagan was the light at the end of the tunnel. True, he had to jam the brakes on hard to bring inflation under control and it hurt, but after that, things improved rapidly.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I love republicans using the term Bidenomics after claiming Ronnie was such a great President. Reagenomics wasn't exactly great for the working class but we still have to believe he was such a great President.

You can blame me too. I voted for that asshole
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#44]

You skipped a President.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 917-30:

He was a hell of a lot better than what we would have had with Mondale/Ferraro so I'm not complaining, but you do you.

Reagan was good enough for the economy that Clinton was able to ride the wave for his entire term with his policies only crashing the market at the very end, and then again in 2007.

You skipped a President.

Not really, because GHWB rode the same wave that Clinton did. I just didn't bother to state it since it was fairly obvious, and he was just a sort-of continuation of Reagan.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Reagan had to clean up the mess Jimmy “The Peanut Farmer” Carter left behind. 18% home loans under Carter was a real bitch.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TEXASROOTERSBROTHER:

He was a great president and he was great for the working man.  Working man was paying 16+ percent interest on his mortgage. Reagan turned that. Reagan gave the working man a tax cut. Reagan made the working man proud to be a n American.  Reagan made the military and military service something to be proud of.
Reagan was the man .  As good as Trump might be and I love the way he fucks with liberals he will never be a Ronald Fucking Reagan.

By the way thanks for giving me the opportunity to say goodbye.
View Quote

Democrats hate the working man.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By uboat534:
Shit Even prices at the commissary are catching up with the regular stores.  Politics aside how are the die hards affording to eat?
View Quote

I wonder that too, but the die hards get a lot of Welfare.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
This kind of prosperity is a wealth builder. Wages outpacing inflation, stock market running to all time highs. Joe should get re-elected easily.

Does your screen name allude to a career cooking methamphetamines?

People ignorantly blame or credit the President, when in fact, the Economy is moved by the Fed lowering and raising interest rates.  

Look it up, and stop blathering stupid shit.    It might go over well at DU, but here, people are a little more informed.    

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I'm still spending money I made in the '80s.  Reagenomics rocked!
Page / 4
Bidenomics is awesome (Page 2 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top