Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:02:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#1]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:
You can't prove me wrong. You can't post a credible plan to pay off the national debt.

Our economy is based on debt consumption and it won't stop until it collapses, so everyone kicks the can. How's your 401K doing this month?
View Quote
Considering that the national debt is not just what the government owes right this moment, it's all their promised outlays ... you know, the way eveyrone else calculates their debts? ...

Well, the government debt is estimated to be 165-300+ trillion dollars as of ... IIRC a decade ago?

It cannot be repaid. It will never happen.

We are just waiting on the bubble to burst.

The only way out is to simply not pay it.
Repudiate the debt.

Quit paying the medis.

Quit paying SSI, especially disability.

Quit paying ALL welfare programs.

Or:

Keep going until it bursts and we get hyper inflation at levels that will make what happened in zimbabwe look like childs play.

Politicians and voters will never do the first.

The latter one IS going to happen to us.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
So why even start the thread if you are going to reject all the comments? It's already made up in your mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kingdead:

But passing those reforms is impossible. Which returns us to the original premise.
So why even start the thread if you are going to reject all the comments? It's already made up in your mind.

Is it me that's wrong?

No, the commenters are delusional if they think their "solutions" could happen before collapse.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If you owe someone thousands of dollars that's your problem. If you owe someone 34 trillion that sounds more like their problem.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
Considering that the national debt is not just what the government owes right this moment, it's all their promised outlays ... you know, the way eveyrone else calculates their debts? ...

Well, the government debt is estimated to be 165-300+ trillion dollars as of ... IIRC a decade ago?

Repudiate the debt.

Quit paying the medis.

Or:

Keep going until it bursts and we get hyper inflation at levels that will make what happened in zimbabwe look like childs play.

View All Quotes
You can't prove me wrong. You can't post a credible plan to pay off the national debt.

Our economy is based on debt consumption and it won't stop until it collapses, so everyone kicks the can. How's your 401K doing this month?

Repudiate the debt.

Quit paying the medis.

Or:

Correct.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just paper backed by lies
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Obo2:
If you owe someone thousands of dollars that's your problem. If you owe someone 34 trillion that sounds more like their problem.
View Quote

Which is why the entire globe will kick the can until they can't.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Lorax:

Become energy independent, make stuff here and buy it. Bust the unions, secure the border, cut the waste and fraud,  and let the welfare state fend for themselves or get off their asses.
Make politicians work and balance the budget or else. Reduce govt staff by 25%. Strengthen our court system to jail the criminal and corrupt and it may be accomplished over time.
View Quote

I hate to break it to you, but the widening wealth gap is doing more for unions than any democrat dreamed.  They are making significant headway in the south, and I never thought that would happen.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:14:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#8]
Originally Posted By mikeyb76:
No. I don't get to go to my employer and say, "you're going to pay me another 10% because I overspent what I earn." The gov't needs to be cut, drastically. A small drop, but an example, would be the SCOTUS salaries. They're all making $250k+ a year, plus fantastic benefits, and not excluded from payments for books or speaking engagements. Lifetime appointment. Salary is not a perk or a job enticement.

There is no reason why the federal government should be the nation's largest employer.

View Quote

Lol of all the shit you think 9 of the most prestigious legal positions in the world need a salary cut? Congrats you just bought us a whole 3 seconds of interest.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By imagetcha:
How much of it is held by China?  

Go to war with China and cancel the debt?
View Quote

I think only like 4T
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Rand Paul has a plan every year.  A decade ago, cutting spending to 99 cents of each dollar would do it.  Last time he proposed it, it was 92 cents on each dollar.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Compounding interest can be a bitch
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Young people who are currently starting their earning careers are most certainly going to be effected.  In my opinion, they're going to be crushed by it.

Observe:

Attachment Attached File

Source:  https://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2023/10/6/when-does-federal-debt-reach-unsustainable-levels

We should be ashamed of ourselves.  It's embarrassing that we would leave this for our children and grandchildren to clean up.

(Note that 20 years is the "best case scenario".)
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fenderCAB:
Rand Paul has a plan every year.  A decade ago, cutting spending to 99 cents of each dollar would do it.  Last time he proposed it, it was 92 cents on each dollar.
View Quote

How does his plan cover the promised future outlays?

If those are not covered the debt is not covered.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Simple

No more spending overseas except military.

10 yr set budget, locked in and no increases in spending.

Five year lifetime limit for welfare, eliminate SDI/SSDI for anyone under 40yrs old.

welfare no longer funded by the government, funding is provided by states and they set their own rules.

No federal money for immigrants.

No more federal college loans or grants to colleges. Only fed college assistance goes to military only.
View Quote

So people under 40 who become permanently disabled and cannot work should just become beggars on the streets like in 3rd world countries?

I became disabled at 37 when I went paralyzed from GBs. That’s when I went on SSDI.

So Fuck people like me then.

Everyone thinks they have it alllll figured out. 🙄
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#15]
BLM has a shit tonne of land, Just make it available in 30 years for 50k an acre, and trade as futures. Also stop spending and FUCK CENTRAL BANKING
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Caddys83:
All hotels and airbnb increase tax by 5%
Domestic plane travel increase tax by 5%
All tire and oil disposal increase $1
Vending machine snacks increase by .5
Gas station Convince store merchandise increase by 3%
Women menstrual care increase by $1
Turnpike increase $2
Restaurant soda increase $1
White bread increase $1 using food stamp? Increase by $2
Lotto increase by $1
Cookies at grocery store increase by $1 using food stamp? Increase by $2
All tax increases and no spending cuts.

No, thanks.

What else?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:33:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#17]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:

So people under 40 who become permanently disabled and cannot work should just become beggars on the streets like in 3rd world countries?

I became disabled at 37 when I went paralyzed from GBs. That’s when I went on SSDI.

View All Quotes
Simple

Five year lifetime limit for welfare, eliminate SDI/SSDI for anyone under 40yrs old.

welfare no longer funded by the government, funding is provided by states and they set their own rules.

No more federal college loans or grants to colleges. Only fed college assistance goes to military only.

... and people in your kind of position think they have it figured out too, by pointing out that if you aren't paid for you will likely die.

Here's the thing:

By having the government steal from others to be involved in things the government has no right to, we now have a situation where people like you at some point in the future will not be taken care of, and those who do the paying will be struggling just to live and have nothing left over to take care of people in situatioons like theres, whether they want to or not.

You should not wear your argument as a badge of honor, you're only pointing out the horrible evil of what has been forced on us.

ETA: people were taken care of before the government found a way to trick people into letting it get involved:

https://thefederalist.com/2014/08/27/mutual-aid-societies-its-amazing-what-people-can-do-together/

We aren't even allowed to do some of these things anymore.

It would put the government to shame.

So no, the choice is not between having the government keep stealing vs shove you out on an ice floe.

... and please don't bother pointing out how the system isn't perfect, because government systems will always be worse and even if it wasn't, that wouldn't justify what they're doing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Who_Me:
Young people who are currently starting their earning careers are most certainly going to be effected.  In my opinion, they're going to be crushed by it.

Observe:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5352/Capture_JPG-3210841.JPG

Source:  https://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2023/10/6/when-does-federal-debt-reach-unsustainable-levels

We should be ashamed of ourselves.  It's embarrassing that we would leave this for our children and grandchildren to clean up.

View Quote

You know what they're gonna do?  They're going to offshore to other countries and have thriving lives overseas.  Can anyone blame them?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Prezboi44:

You know what they're gonna do?  They're going to offshore to other countries and have thriving lives overseas.  Can anyone blame them?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prezboi44:

Observe:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5352/Capture_JPG-3210841.JPG

Because we are stealing from the globe to prop up our debt by suckering other countries into buying our bonds, when our dollar goes, we will take ... pretty much the whole globe with us.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Because we are stealing from the globe to prop up our debt by suckering other countries into buying our bonds, when our dollar goes, we will take ... pretty much the whole globe with us.
View Quote

Correct.  When this goes....it ALL goes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Spl1nter_c311:
BLM has a shit tonne of land, Just make it available in 30 years for 50k an acre, and trade as futures. Also stop spending and FUCK CENTRAL BANKING
View Quote

Sure. Who's gonna vote for that?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Simple

Wonder what would happen if SS had not began in the first place ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#23]

I became disabled at 37 when I went paralyzed from GBs. That's when I went on SSDI.

Everyone thinks they have it alllll figured out.
View Quote
Ok good point

Sorry what happened, I was just making recommendations.

Wont matter for either of us if the US runs out of money, way things are going we all may be begging on the streets.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By rtlm:

View Quote
We would do like we used to, families took care of their families vs the government.

Thats why people had large families and lived in one home, gov wanted people out on their own and working thus SS etc.

Tight knit families in one home is something the gov doesn't want.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
I'd probably add that SS also needs more than 40quarters of participation to withdraw benefits.

every bill that gets put forward has to be a single issue bill. That would prevent a lot of pork.
View Quote
Good recommendation
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#26]
wrong.  impossible to pay it off while maintaining the current power structure, yes.  but far from impossible.  in fact, barring the country disappearing entirely, the debt being paid off is inevitable, it will just be at USD that has undergone hyperinflation and there will be a lot of suffering during that hyperinflation.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JTX23] [#27]
The criminal organization that created the debt doesn't care.  Its like that part in Sopranos when the dad of one of his kid's schoolmates went into debt to Tony.  

Only difference is we didn't go into debt to these criminals.  They just threaten to steal all of our shit if we don't let them steal from every paycheck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Grandma will starve or worse, have to move in with her kids. Americans deserve a higher standard of living. Dead on arrival.
View Quote
Kids will support grandma like we are. Plenty of overtime out there for young adults.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#30]
False.

They could print Trillion Dollar bills and send them to the debt holders if they wanted to.  

A t-bill is no different from a dollar bill.  They will trade you one for the other all day long.

Who will pay, anyone with any money.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#31]

View All Quotes

FDR and LBJ have assured their place in history.

Historians will pronounce a pox on their houses and our republic because of them for thousands of years to come.

Their theft will have more effects on the world than diocletian's reforms did, and his reforms set the path for the entire globe for 1500-1700 or so years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#32]
It’s possible, but it would take many decades and would require in the least a mandatory balanced budget which includes a certain percentage being paid every year.

The problem with a balanced budget is when the politicians want to spend more, they go to the good idea fairy to figure some stupid way to generate more money, so they can spend more money, which usually backfires.

Like the dummies who run up credit card debt buying frivolous stuff, a good size percentage of the annual revenue is spent on servicing the debt. The media never explains that to people, or not often enough. People shrug and say “fuck the debt, not my problem,” but it actually is, it costs money.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Simple

https://thefederalist.com/2014/08/27/mutual-aid-societies-its-amazing-what-people-can-do-together/

People would still take care of each other and their families.

The resources that get wastefully stolen and the things those resources would have been used to create would be available to us to do so.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DarkLordVader:
False.

They could print Trillion Dollar bills and send them to the debt holders if they wanted to.  

A t-bill is no different from a dollar bill.  They will trade you one for the other all day long.

Who will pay, anyone with any money.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322769/images_jpeg-3210880.JPG
View Quote

... and when they print those bills, the value of  all the other bills deflates as soon as that money is spent.

We are getting away with that crap on an unthinkable scale because we have tricked the entire globe into thinking  our currency is a safe store of wealth.

If we had not done that, none of this would have been possible.

The only thing floating the system is the ignorance of people towards how badly our system is run.

As soon as people figure it out and enough of them drop our bonds and start devaluing our currency in usage, the gig is up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Sure you can. Borrow all the money from the Federal Reserve and then create a new entity and transfer all the debt to that new entity, then bankrupt new entity. Poof no more debt.

Plot twist: this is how the .gov gets rid of the Fed so central bankers don’t have as much autonomy as they used to have.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:12:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PLC_Expert] [#36]
I'm sure it's just a rookie mistake by the well-meaning private bankers
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#37]

... and when they print those bills, the value of  all the other bills deflates as soon as that money is spent.

We are getting away with that crap on an unthinkable scale because we have tricked the entire globe into thinking  our currency is a safe store of wealth.

The only thing floating the system is the ignorance of people towards how badly our system is run.

As soon as people figure it out and enough of them drop our bonds and start devaluing our currency in usage, the gig is up.
View Quote

Scribed...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:
Sure you can. Borrow all the money from the Federal Reserve and then create a new entity and transfer all the debt to that new entity, then bankrupt new entity. Poof no more debt.

Plot twist: this is how the .gov gets rid of the Fed so central bankers don’t have as much autonomy as they used to have.
View Quote

Oh cool.

Say, what about all those people the new entity is on the hook for paying?

All the SSDI and SSI and medi and welfare recipients?

Same world on fire, different entity's name on the history books.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#39]

... and people in your kind of position think they have it figured out too, by pointing out that if you aren't paid for you will likely die.

Here's the thing:

By having the government steal from others to be involved in things the government has no right to, we now have a situation where people like you at some point in the future will not be taken care of, and those who do the paying will be struggling just to live and have nothing left over to take care of people in situatioons like theres, whether they want to or not.

You should not wear your argument as a badge of honor, you're only pointing out the horrible evil of what has been forced on us.

ETA: people were taken care of before the government found a way to trick people into letting it get involved:

So no, the choice is not between having the government keep stealing vs shove you out on an ice floe.

... and please don't bother pointing out how the system isn't perfect, because government systems will always be worse and even if it wasn't, that wouldn't justify what they're doing.
View All Quotes
Simple

Here's the thing:

Here’s the thing. SSDI is funded for many, many years. It isn’t driving the issue. Boomers are.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:16:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#40]
Originally Posted By daveo:

Scribed...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By daveo:

Scribed...

Apparently the current new economic toy that the thieves who pay for votes love is called MMT.

Get this, these jackasses think they can cure inflation in the currency by taxing the money back to the government.

They aren't counting on the fact that the deflationary pains are as bad as the inflationary pains and that trust is what the system runs on.

People will get wise and realize that the government's going to claw back what it's given and they'll stop playing the game.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

Here’s the thing. SSDI is funded for many, many years. It isn’t driving the issue. Boomers are.
View All Quotes
Simple

Here's the thing:

As you've pointed out, it's one star in a large constellation.

It just happens to be one of the easier ones to see.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Simple

Here's the thing:

SSDI is the red dwarf next to the supernova of SSI.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Agree 100%.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Because it's not debt anymore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#45]
go to no limits roulette table.  place $34 trillion on black... loose.  now print and put $68T on Black... loose.  now print $136T and place on black... loose.  Now print $272T and put on black... repeat until a win. wash your hands free of debt
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#46]

It's on the internet and it fits what I want to believe. Seems true.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm not worried, because everything will be under water by then due to the polar ice caps melting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By tct1000:
go to no limits roulette table.  place $34 trillion on black... loose.  now print and put $68T on Black... loose.  now print $136T and place on black... loose.  Now print $272T and put on black... repeat until a win. wash your hands free of debt
View Quote

Unfortunately, the house that runs the roulette wheel is only the size of the entireity of the globe, and the debt cannot be covered by the house.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Yep that founding fathers screwed up, one thing they should have put in place was you have to have a balanced budget. Although since we were on the gold standard at the time, they probably never perceived this being a problem in the first place.

Fuck you Richard Nixon, they should have let your commie ass rot in prison.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RogueSpear2023:
Yep that founding fathers screwed up, one thing they should have put in place was you have to have a balanced budget. Although since we were on the gold standard at the time, they probably never perceived this being a problem in the first place.

Fuck you Richard Nixon, they should have let your commie ass rot in prison.
View Quote

Ahhh yes the gold standard of the Continental dollar that paid for the war that founded the country.
Page / 6
Top Top