Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By terrafirma:
Lost my wife at 40 to ovarian cancer.  She fought like hell.

She brought perfectly healthy twin boys into the world completely naturally, no pain meds, and was the healthiest pregnant lady her doctors had seen in a while.  

Then she was gone 29 months later.
View Quote

I’m so sorry brother. What a terrible loss.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:39:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#2]

Lots of people saved by Laetrile. Basically synthetic apricot extract that is metabolized as cyanide but only inside cancer cells. Perfectly targeted. The Lord gave us lots cures in plants. Iirc the Bible says the cure to all sickness is provided in food.

My wife has a friend that put stage 3 breast cancer into remission just with keto. It cannot grow without sugar. It’s been around ten years now. She has problems from doing it for so long but cancer isn’t one of them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:41:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Uncle
Aunt
Grandma
Dad

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sarge38624:
How many people who you were really close to have you lost to cancer? I lost my dad to lung cancer (smoker), and 3 really good friends to colon cancer. My dad was 63 and the friends were all in their 50's. It really surprises me no one has been able to develop a cure yet. I know the whole theory that the money is in the treatment not the cure, and I am sure there could be some truth to that, but it seems like someone somehow would have found a cure by now.

View Quote

Different cancers are the issue. There is no universal cure. My brother had a cancerous prostate removed two months ago. It looks like they got it all. I have lost three aunts and uncles to cancer and none of them had the same type of cancer.
My wife's mother died of a very rapid cervical cancer. By the time they discovered it, it was too late. It had attacked her whole body. Ladies, get a Pap test regularly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:20:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HourOfAngle] [#5]
None in my family that I know of. Parets in theier 80s. Grandmother lived to 100 and grandfather lived to his mid 80s but he had serious medical issues from being crushed once during the war.

My sister has known a lot of people that died from cancer but she lives in cancer alley.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#6]
My nephew and a couple friends. Neighbor down the way’s 8 year old just had a brain tumor removed and is going to proton therapy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:29:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#7]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
There is no money in a cure.
View Quote

Well….yes, to an extent I agree but lifestyle choices fall into a bell curve. Americans are generally obese and what they eat is poison. They drink to excess and are proud of that accomplishment. Some still smoke….. They rarely exercise…..and so on.

I live up here in Appalachia and it's common to see someone in the 40's that looks like they're in the 60's and moves like they're in their 70's….that's not a life of hard work.  That's a life of manual labor, 12 pack of beer a day and 2 packs of smokes….I see pretty young things in their teens drinking 4 or 5 Dr Peppers or Mountain dews a day….by their mid 20's they've got that pouch….and so on...

My point is that while agree that cancer treatments are a business much of the cancer we see in today's society was preventable by smart choices in life. Some isn't and that's just they way it is.  

Op, yes, like most I've lost a bunch. My SIL was 10 yo and died of leukemia. That was tough. My ex just died last June after a 5 year battle with colon cancer. One of my team mates and person that I love dearly has stage 4 lung cancer. I have laugh at how he told me…..

Me: "Hey man how you been. Just checking in"

Him: "I'm good. My daughter is retiring after 20 years in the .MIL and is on her last last PCS. My wife is doing good and oh yeah, I've got stage 4 lung cancer".  Lol. I love that fucker.

He's in western VA and I'm heading up to visit. It'll probably be goodbye as well. So yeah dying sucks but I don't get all torqued up about cancer like some here with this "fuck cancer" schtick. I realize that it's just expression of frustration but just sounds silly to me...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:30:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:41:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I've lost a younger brother and sister to cancer. Both smokers.

I've lost a best friend from when I was in the USMC to cancer. He was a smoker too. Camp Lejeune toxic water????

I myself have prostate cancer and a rare thymic carcinoma. Never smoked a day in my life. Possible Camp Lejeune toxic water???????
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:56:37 AM EDT
[#10]
During my watch, over 25,000 people have died on my program.
Many years ago, they were all cancer deaths.

Now we see much more dementia, co-morbidities from CKD, heart disease, CHF, COPD, liver disease, complications from falls, etc.

A lot of old men have prostate cancer. It is not their cause of death.
Don't get pancreatic cancer.

Basal cell carcinoma is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m laying awake because I’m in pain from the second melanoma surgery in as many months. I’ll get my stitches out in 2 weeks, and the doctor is going to be rooting around every inch of my body to rule out a third. I’m also planning on having the folks at MD Anderson provide a second opinion.

I lost a beloved college friend when he was in his 30s. He’s the kind of guy that rooms in buildings get named after, just because he was so loved and brought so much love to those around him.

RIP, Brian. Me and the fellas are doing the best we can to live like you would have wanted us to.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:25:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#12]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
There's no cure for cancer, just like there's no cure for the common cold.

Cancer isn't just one disease - it's thousands that present similar symptoms.

My grandfathers both passed from cancer. One at age 60, soon after I was born.

The other lived to 84, and I have a lot of memories with him. The last one is him crawling and playing on the carpet with my infant son, his great-grandson.

Now, I'm going through cancer. At age 43. Stage IIIA rectal cancer. My case seems relatively straightforward, so the prognosis is good. Finishing 3rd round of chemo. 8 rounds, then radiation, then maybe surgery if there's anything left of the tumor.
View Quote
This, and also holy shit. I wish you the best of luck in kicking the shit out of it.

I've lost several family members to it. My aunt was the most kindest and wonderful person you could ever meet and was beautiful to boot and she died a terrible death to liver cancer. Rest in peace Rose.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:31:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Only my mother so far that I know of
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#14]
There’s no cure for cancer, just like there’s no cure for the common cold.

Cancer isn’t just one disease - it’s thousands that present similar symptoms.
View Quote

This. No universal cure is remotely possible. A cure for the common cold would actually be more possible. But we are making huge leaps in cancer treatment, many types that were a death sentence not long ago are now treated very effectively. Sorry for your losses. If you want to help fight cancer, get involved, help with the fundraising walks, etc.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Colon cancer is easy to prevent with routine colon scopes in most cases.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:42:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Why do we “need” a “cure”?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#17]
So the people who "benefit" from there being no cure for cancer have never ever gotten cancer and died from it themselves, and no one they love has ever died of cancer either?

Just making sure.

Or are all of "them" -- the ones preventing the cure, or hiding the cure -- so focused on making money they would rather die from cancer or watch their friends and family die from cancer?

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#18]
To much money in treatment to want to cure it
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Dad--non hodgkins lymphoma took him in 2009.
Granddad--skin cancer went to his lungs and then metastasized to his brain
Greg--I don't know what kind he had, but it was in remission for 5 years and I remember having lunch with him one day where he said it was coming back with a vengeance.
Jeff--he made a valiant effort and brought a lot of people together.
Jimmy--I found out years later about his passing
Judy--she was the 2nd wife a friend of mine had lost.
Mike--he was one of my small group leaders several years ago.  I remember we were about to take a break from November until about February, and he said he'd be taking some time off.  We assumed it was work related since he was an an attorney.  Little did we know.
Bob--one of my best friends dad was taken too early from us 9 years ago.

One dear friend of mine has stage 4 bone cancer and in his words, it is being managed.  60 years old, still looks like he's about 50.  A lot of weight training in his younger years and training fighters still has helped with his treatment.

Eventually he'll hear Jesus tell him "Well done, good and faithful servant."
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#20]
My wife’s brother 5 years ago, he was 34. He left a wife and 3 kids the same age as my 3 children. My other brother has stage 4 glioblastoma. This cancer has something like a 5% 5 year survival rating. He is 47, his son graduated high school last night. His daughter is same age range as my girls.

I don’t think we have found many cures because there is no financial incentive in it. There is far too much money in treating it than curing it. I find it hard to believe that modern medicine quit advancing with cures and now can only provide long term medicines that let you cope with diseases or conditions.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#21]
My wife is going through it right now and it's been brutal. 3 surgurys, radiation, chemo and many many trips to MD Anderson. Now shes on immunotherapy(Keytruda) and I will say it's a game changer. Her last 2 scans have shown no signs of cancer. And her only side effects have been fatige and rash.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Dad in 1990 at 50yo. Mama in 2019 at 73yo. Both we smokers most of their life. A few friends.

My colon is squeaky clean, not even a polyp. My prostate seems good. Had a CT of my torso last year and all clean. I had a little place on my ear removed that was "pre-cancerous" but I seem good. Genetics may not get me. I have never smoked but I do spray some glyphosate once in a while
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Cancer is hard to cure because it is a mutation of the patient’s own cells. There is no pathogen. To kill the cancer you’re actually killing the person to some degree.

Some isolated cancers like breast and prostate are isolated enough that they can be removed or irradiated fairly easily. Others in the trunk are harder to excise.

That drives treatment to chemotherapy which fucks up the entire body.

Add to that, cancer has untold forms of the disease so one cure can stop them all.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Cancer isn’t cured for the same reason we don’t have more brain surgeons…. Inner city cops keep killing our best and most promising young men.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Father, mother, and brother due to cancer or side effects from its treatment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#26]
My wife, at 44 years old, melanoma.  My mom, my best friend from college, my uncle, my grandfather.

Fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#27]
None.  I get that research shows a link to lifestyle but I think there is a heavy genetic component.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:01:40 AM EDT
[#28]
There’s no cure for cancer, just like there’s no cure for the common cold.

Cancer isn’t just one disease - it’s thousands that present similar symptoms.

My grandfathers both passed from cancer. One at age 60, soon after I was born.

The other lived to 84, and I have a lot of memories with him. The last one is him crawling and playing on the carpet with my infant son, his great-grandson.

Now, I’m going through cancer. At age 43. Stage IIIA rectal cancer. My case seems relatively straightforward, so the prognosis is good. Finishing 3rd round of chemo. 8 rounds, then radiation, then maybe surgery if there’s anything left of the tumor.
View Quote

Agreed.  Cancer is the third leading cause of death in the US.   A cure would literally be priceless, economically speaking.

At 45 I've have three cancers.   Technically I was "cured.".   Twice.  

Cancer is a byproduct of any number of external and internal processes - and every cancer is different.

Cancer is literally the failure of your cells to replicate properly.  

The last guy I heard say "I don't trust medicine - that's why they call it "practicing..."" Said that after waking up with chest pain for three days, refusing to seek care.

He was dead 2 days later.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quite a few friends and relatives.

I would argue there are cures for cancer. A lot of them.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t.

In order to know if we found a cure, you’d first need to define what a cure is. Does it save everyone, from every cancer, every time? If that’s the standard then we don’t have cures for much of anything at all.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:
www.amazon.com/dp/0912986506

Lots of people saved by Laetrile. Basically synthetic apricot extract that is metabolized as cyanide but only inside cancer cells. Perfectly targeted. The Lord gave us lots cures in plants. Iirc the Bible says the cure to all sickness is provided in food.

My wife has a friend that put stage 3 breast cancer into remission just with keto. It cannot grow without sugar. It’s been around ten years now. She has problems from doing it for so long but cancer isn’t one of them.
View Quote

I’m not going to endorse what you’re mentioning specifically here, but I do tend to think early detection and dietary intervention is under appreciated. I’ve seen some compelling evidence that intermittent fasting as well as abstinence from sugar can help the body identify the corrupted cells and put itself into more of a “repair mode” of fixing healthy cells rather than allowing the cancerous ones to replicate. Essentially it causes the body to be more discerning while depriving the cancerous cells of free energy sources.

This all makes a lot of sense to me. Cancer originates from the body. Training or encouraging the body to address the issue correctly seems really critical.

We all have cancer all the time, it’s just sometimes our bodies fail to “purge” those corrupt cells.

*not a doctor
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Many, unfortunately.

We’ve cured or prevented many of the other things that used to kill us and we’ve changed the way we live, so more people are living long enough to deal with cancer now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:34:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmaier83] [#32]
People that come up with solutions that undermine the pocket books of big pharma, energy and so on seem to just poof and disapear. Strange. Probably just another “conspiracy”.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

There is, however, endless money in perpetual treatment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Sarge

I see you're a Razorback

The widespread use of products, chief amongst them, Roundup, has caused out food supply and our water supply even worse, to be spiked with carcinogens.

Add insult to injury, obesity and the diets that lead to obesity, are piled with carcinogens. There are nine (9) cancers alone that obesity directly contributes to the cause of.

With agriculture being the major industry in a place like Arkansas, as well as the overall obese population of the state, and the net result is that you'll see a lot of cancer.

People should be tried and convicted for what they have done in this regard, but no one cares about themselves, much less what people have done to them, so life ends short and thats that
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Linvx:
Cancer isn’t cured for the same reason we don’t have more brain surgeons…. Inner city cops keep killing our best and most promising young men.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Here's something that will bake your noodle.

We've all had cancer.

Cancer is just the uncontrolled growth of slightly mutated cells.  We make millions of new cells every week, sometimes the replication process gets fucked up.  We all have a normal biological process to identify and destroy these abnormal cells.  That's business as usual for our body.

What we call cancer is uncontrolled replication of mutated cells that this normal process doesn't handle for some reason.

There are hundreds of "cancers" and they are unique to you in many cases.  There are hundreds of processes by which your body identifies these abnormal cells for destruction.  When someone gets cancer it's actually the body not having the correct process to identify the bad cells, or having some break down in the auto immune system to kill those cells.

So the future of cancer treatment is probably in safely instructing your own system which cells to kill.  

As a side note, there is disturbing evidence that the c19 Vax and c19 itself can interfere with this natural process of identifying bad cells.  This has lead to an increase in the rates of cancer of specific types where c19/Vax blind our immune system to the bad cells.

It doesn't cause more mutations, it causes our bodies not to see them.

Fuck cancer
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By pdm:

Well….yes, to an extent I agree but lifestyle choices fall into a bell curve. Americans are generally obese and what they eat is poison. They drink to excess and are proud of that accomplishment. Some still smoke….. They rarely exercise…..and so on.

I live up here in Appalachia and it's common to see someone in the 40's that looks like they're in the 60's and moves like they're in their 70's….that's not a life of hard work.  That's a life of manual labor, 12 pack of beer a day and 2 packs of smokes….I see pretty young things in their teens drinking 4 or 5 Dr Peppers or Mountain dews a day….by their mid 20's they've got that pouch….and so on...

My point is that while agree that cancer treatments are a business much of the cancer we see in today's society was preventable by smart choices in life. Some isn't and that's just they way it is.  

View Quote

There was a recent study looking at why so many young people (<40) are getting cancer now - lung, gastro and uterine. The conclusion was that accelerated biological aging was a major factor.  As to what's causing the accelerated aging, it could be our diets, sedentary lifestyles, or exposure to chemicals and plastics.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Having spent time at Cancer Center due to prostate cancer , it's an industry fwtw .

Lost my father and brother .
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

and deprive the elites of their money laundering scam
their galas
private jets
mansionas
private islands
and yachts?

be serious!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Mom, Dad , Brother , Sister , 3 aunts , Uncle all of my immediate family has passed and I miss them so much.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Lefpeaz:
Mom, Dad , Brother , Sister , 3 aunts , Uncle all of my immediate family has passed and I miss them so much.
View Quote

That is terrible. I am really sorry.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kychas] [#42]
There are things that are good for you and help fight cancer
Laetrile / B17 is one that is cheap and available
Buy apricots and keep the big seed
Break it open and chop it up and eat it. People who have had cancer or do have cancer can benefit from it
It simply slows or stops the growth of cancer

Cancer is a big business
Hospitals make money off of it
Chemo therapy have a very low cure rate but it is used as a primary treatment
Chemo therapy is like killing weeds in your yard by throwing dynamite into your yard and hoping there is some grass left when you have killed the weeds
There are Drs that in prison because they have treated cancer without using approved methods
But the fact that his patients lived was not good enough to keep them out of prison
Some Dr just setup practice in Mexico and do cure cancer
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#43]
My mother died after her 5th bout with cancer.  My wife fought it in 2021, and thankfully is in remission...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Lost my dad at 64 last year to colon/liver/lung cancer
His brother my uncle last year to cancer
My grandpa, dads dad, six years ago to prostate cancer
Uncle, moms brother, 5 years ago to some weird cancer
Grandpa, mom’s dad, 20 years ago, lung cancer.

My fathers two remaining siblings have or have had cancer and two of my mothers siblings have had it.

I will die of cancer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#45]
All men will eventually get prostrate cancer according to my urologist, a published expert on it. It’s just a matter of finding it. But most men will die of something else. Luckily, prostrate cancer is a slow killer and there are treatments to slow the process. It’s like men have a built in self destruct mechanism. We are not meant to live forever, just the way it is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:
All men will eventually get prostrate cancer according to my urologist, a published expert on it. It's just a matter of finding it. But most men will die of something else. Luckily, prostrate cancer is a slow killer and there are treatments to slow the process. It's like men have a built in self destruct mechanism. We are not meant to live forever, just the way it is.
View Quote
Prostate
Prostrate

Also probate. See Roger Rabbit. He explains it to Eddie.

There's a difference. Learn it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:39:30 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Nonsense.  How much would people pay for a cure?  And there would still be something down the road to treat them for if you cure their cancer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:53:08 AM EDT
[#49]
This is a decent explanation...

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:09:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
My SIL is a Professor of Immunology at Mayo Clinic.   She is, literally, researching a cure for cancer, specifically leukemia and other blood cancers.  That's her entire career, 30 years - cancer, T-cells, etc.  It's not easy, as articulated better than I could in an earlier post.

The "there's no money in a cure for cancer" conspiracy nuts sound like the "oil companies bought the 100-mph carb and put it on the shelf" dipshits.

Why are we seeing increases in cancer?  Because we're not dying of other, preventable shit. If we live long enough, we'll all eventually get some kind of cancer.  
View Quote
It's easier to be cynical. I've talked to researchers. Many have lost family and friends to cancer. Absolutely would have to kill them to shut them up if "a cure" was found. And many cancers are now curable and progress is continuing. Lost my father, father-in-law and a good friend to cancer. Mother had cancer but it was caught early. Later developed another type of cancer and that was kept in remission until she passed from other causes.
Page / 3
Top Top