Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bayouhazard:
Its a state school so I wonder if the tenured terrorists could be charged under statutes regarding government records.
View Quote

There's probably a public records access law that would show collusion between the faculty and probably outside entities... amongst other things.

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
This is why tenure is a sacred institution needed in academia
View Quote

Tenure should not protect them from refusing to do their job. Fire them all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ewald:
In reality how many students are being sanctioned by UNC CH?

I'd bet the vast majority of arrestees were not enrolled there.  Charges are up to the local prosecutors right?
View Quote

According to the Carolina Journal, 15 students were arrested along with 36 non-students.

https://www.carolinajournal.com/unc-faculty-to-withhold-final-grades-for-all-until-suspended-protesters-are-re-instated/
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
"On May 13, if the administration has not reinstated the suspended students, you will see a NR (for Not Reported) on your transcript," the message board read. "An NR does not change your GPA positively or negatively, and can remain on your transcript until the end of the following semester. I will keep a personal record of your grades so that, once the administration meets our demands, the grades you earned will be recorded."

UNC Chapel Hill has Army, Navy, and Air Force ROTC.

If they don't report grades, how would that effect commissioning?

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Fire every single one of them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
At one time I was pretty proud to have been an alumnus from Chapel Hill. Over the past 4-7 years or so it's not so much. Seems like that place is really going to shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Get them to sign a petition, use the list to fire them ALL.

Tenure be damned!

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
1. Not surprised. They're all hard left and only care about destruction.
2. UNC will reinstate the expelled students by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I can’t imagine that the alumni are happy with this. And also, how does this affect recruiting incoming students? Who the fuck would want to go to that school and deal with that bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Not reading all that bullshit.

Don't need to read it to know that the tenured staff is just as communist as the students they are sticking up for.

Maybe it's time to purge and bring on some different educators.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Is refusal to do your job fireable?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
Is refusal to do your job fireable?
View Quote

It is in EVEY job I've ever had.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Tenure is something unions wish they could achieve. Permanent position that unless you murder or rape someone you’re essentially untouchable.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Isn't that the definition of extortion?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Fire every one and post their names so everyone knows
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Fire them all and the heck with their tenure. I sure many other instructors will go there and within a few months they would have it up and running.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#17]
This was "drawn" by adults?

More proof Leftists are just aging, retarded children.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:
At one time I was pretty proud to have been an alumnus from Chapel Hill. Over the past 4-7 years or so it's not so much. Seems like that place is really going to shit.
View Quote

UNC - NYC
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bayouhazard:
Its a state school so I wonder if the tenured terrorists could be charged under statutes regarding government records.
View Quote

The first thing you do is have the campus police apply for a search warrant to seize all electronic devices from those we have probable cause to believe are unlawfully stealing college records. They can give the signed letter to the judge as evidence of PC.

The second thing you do is fire them all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By X-CaptHook:
I can’t imagine that the alumni are happy with this. And also, how does this affect recruiting incoming students? Who the fuck would want to go to that school and deal with that bullshit.
View Quote

Regardless of what "side" you're on

Common sense: Hell no
Radical dbags: Well, we will get kicked out. Hell no.
On the fence people: Ehhhh, there's like 50 other colleges to choose from. I'm out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Student:  “This war is all about me.”

Teacher:  “True, but it’s more about me.”
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By turbofonz:
Student:  “This war is all about me.”

Teacher:  “True, but it’s more about me.”
View Quote

Reporter: "What about the people of Gaza?"

Student and Teacher: "Who?"
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#23]
If it was conservative students who were protesting some actual, real cause, you can bet the communist faculty would be howling for every last one of them to be expelled. It's horrifying how completely infiltrated academia has become by communist radicals.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Actiondiver:
Round them up and send them to the Gaza Strip
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Send them all to Gitmo for waterboarding
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Silent Sam said FUCK YOU
and its about time he said it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Wackos infiltrate Church School Faculty!

Who hired these folks?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Lannister?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:
When my 4 year old throws a tantrum I take away her favorite toys. The school should take away their paychecks.
View Quote

Dear Faculty Member:
By withholding grades you have breached your contract for employment. If grades are not posted within the next 4 hours, consider yourself to be terminated. This termination will include the loss of insurance and your last paycheck, since you did not fulfill your obligations to the students and the NC University System.

Good luck in your future endeavors in the food service industry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#30]
If I were in charge, I’d dare them to try it.  I’d fire every one of them that did it and give the affected students A’s for the semester.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#31]
"These agitators ripped down an American flag on the campus and replaced its patriotic red, white and blue with the Palestinian flag, flying the red, green and white high over the campus."

Ship them to palestine.

The left has become tolerant to terrorists.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RichHead:

According to the Carolina Journal, 15 students were arrested along with 36 non-students.

View Quote

As usual with these "protests", mostly bussed in paid agitators.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#34]
"Retribution" Is that like resigning... or self-immolation?

If it's the latter, sell tickets and donate the proceeds to "Palestine."
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Uni Provost said "post grades or be sanctioned" not sure what sanctioning means...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I just want to point out my success in predicting the next tactic. That list of demands included the return of arrested students property.

I knew those tents, backpacks and vape kits tossed in dumpsters was going to be exploited by the left.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Actiondiver:
Round them up and send them to the Gaza Strip
View Quote

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Chapel Hill is a hive of communists.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SkyFive:
A letter  allegedly signed off by 828 professors and staff (aka; old hippies, communist sympathizers, marxist) threaten to withhold final grades of all students if amnesty isn't granted to 'protestors' thus delaying or preventing graduation.

Dear Interim Chancellor Roberts and Provost Clemens,

We write to voice our concerns about the University's actions on April 30th.

The student encampment located on Polk Place was an example of the kind of peaceful free expression that our university claims to uphold. Free speech is often challenging; it can make people uncomfortable, and it can grow heated. But until that speech crosses the line into violence or obstruction, it must be protected, even at the cost of discomfort or patches of grass yellowed by tents. The administration's decision to call in police from across the state to storm our students' encampment at 5:30 in the morning on Tuesday, April 30, created a militarized and unsafe climate on the UNC campus. It subjected the very students it is charged with protecting to violence and trauma. Subsequent actions by the administration including but not limited to the sudden, unexplained closing of the Campus Y, a 160-year old student organization that opened its facilities to members of the encampment; the interim chancellor's public statement about the events of April 30, which averred that arrested students had violated university policy without providing any details of their supposed misconduct; and, as of May 3, the continued withholding of arrest records from public scrutiny have further undermined the public trust.

On May 3, three university vice-chancellors wrote to the campus community, detailing a long list of actions and conditions that the university cannot tolerate. All of these conditions and actions were the direct result of violence introduced to campus when university administrators first ordered police to interfere with students' legitimate political expression. The vice chancellors' communications misrepresented facts, unjustly blaming students for disruptions and violence that they themselves had caused. We reject their duplicitous communication to the campus community. We denounce the unjust treatment of our students and the administration's abdication of its responsibility to foster and protect freedom of speech on campus.

We call for accountability for the administrators whose decisions during the protest dishonored the university's noble traditions of freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and respecting students' rights to protest. We further remind the university administration of decisions made by university leaders during past tumultuous times, including the protests of 1969. According to The Carolina Story: A Virtual Museum of University History, "even during the most heated moments of national protest, classes at Chapel Hill continued, and police stayed off campus." The university must immediately dismiss all suspensions and other charges against students involved in the protest, return the confiscated belongings of our students, remove the fence around the flagpole in the quad, and re-open Campus Y in recognition of its central importance to our university community.

View Quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM63HqDXIAAS5LN?format=jpg&name=large

Source

Rep. Richard Hudson, R-NC
, said professors who withhold students' grades in a show of support for anti-Israel rioters should be "immediately" terminated. The comment came after professors at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill reportedly organized a protest where they would withhold the final grades of all students unless the university reinstates students they claim were suspended during an anti-Israel demonstration last week.

"UNC professors should be protecting students who are targets of antisemitism and violence," Hudson tweeted on X. "They should not be protecting the bigots and antisemites. Fire any faculty or staff participating in withholding grades immediately."
The UNC-Chapel Hill sent a letter cautioning professors and faculty members against withholding students' final grades on Tuesday.

The academic anarchy comes after anti-Israel demonstrations sprang up on the campus last week. These agitators ripped down an American flag on the campus and replaced its patriotic red, white and blue with the Palestinian flag, flying the red, green and white high over the campus.
To restore order, university administrators took action and ordered police to clear the encampment. The students who participated in the unrest were forced to clear the area and some faced disciplinary action.
On Monday, several students got a message via the school portal that said: "In solidarity with these students, I [the unnamed author] (along with many other faculty, teaching assistants, fellows, and graders across campus) have decided to withhold my reporting of final grades to the Registrar's Office," the Carolina Journal reported.

"On May 13, if the administration has not reinstated the suspended students, you will see a NR (for Not Reported) on your transcript," the message board read. "An NR does not change your GPA positively or negatively, and can remain on your transcript until the end of the following semester. I will keep a personal record of your grades so that, once the administration meets our demands, the grades you earned will be recorded."

In a show of "solidarity" with the students, some professors at the university reportedly began organizing an effort to withhold students' final grades from transcripts.

On Tuesday, UNC-Chapel Hill Provost Chris Clemens and Graduate School Dean Beth Mayer-Davis sent a letter to deans and department chairs addressing the apparent protest.

"We are hearing concerns from students whose instructors have informed them they will withhold grades as part of a protest. These students depend on the timely submission of their grades for graduation, jobs, and athletic eligibility, and it is part of the required duties of all faculty and graduate TAs to submit grades by the registrar deadlines," Clemens and Mayer-Davis said in the joint statement.
The university said the protesting professors could face "sanctions."

"Dear Deans and Department Chairs, we are asking you to please work with your faculty and graduate students to ensure that we follow exemplary practice in our work as educators," Clemens and Mayer-Davis wrote. "We strongly support the right of faculty and graduate students to express their opinions freely but there are better ways to do this than hurting our students and abrogating our contract with the people of North Carolina who support our university."
They continued: "We are counting on your leadership in this matter."  
"The provost's office will support sanctions for any instructor who is found to have improperly withheld grades, but it is our hope we can resolve this matter amicably and without harm to students," the letter added.
The letter concluded by calling for "excellence in the classroom" and said instructors would "damage the trust we hold with our students by withholding grades."

Police ultimately cleared the encampment on April 30.

UNC-Chapel Hill is located just outside the 9th Congressional District which Hudson represents in the U.S. House of Representatives.

View Quote
Fire them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Fire them all!

Send the blond to my quarters
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#42]
These people really do hate accountability. These people are unfit to teach anything above K-4. They are a disgrace to education.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#43]
They could cut some tuition if they got rid of 800 unnecessary professor and staff positions.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Fire the motherfuckers
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#45]
I suspect they will cave to the demands, as this affects academic eligibility for athletes.

Sadly, students that would file a lawsuit against the university only hurts the university, not the staff that are doing this.

To me, the answer is very simple.  Lock the staff out of their computers, and get the grades from there.  Start docking pay until they either do their job or quit.

If it were up to me, I would fire all 800+ of them, but we know that won't happen.

I would love to be a student on campus right now.  The verbal ju jitsu I could have with these clowns would be epic.  Lots of tears would be shed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#46]
University of Missouri compromised and appeased. I bet everyone who did regrets it
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Withhold their pay until they do what is in their contracts. Overpaid fucktards.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Sounded a lot like a violent insurrection.  Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.  Amnesty?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Call their bluff. The school gives every student an A, the teachers get terminated for supporting a terrorist organization, new teachers get hired, life moves on. Every other option involves huge numbers of law suits from students, the school being attached to the crime of supporting a terrorist organization, and all sorts of legal risk the actual money people for the school have no interest in being exposed to. Heck, if gives you an opportunity to clean house. I'm sure they'd have liked to get rid of some of those folks anyway and just didn't want the legal hassle.
Page / 3
Top Top