Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Terry Shanks Man Opener IWB.. but I need to get something a bit more traditional looking for the times I need it at work

Might get a smaller old school looking fixed blade fighter, and refit with antler and brown leather sheath or similar

On the other hand, really like the look of the JB Knife and Tool stuff, specifically the Mini Pik

https://www.jbknifeandtool.com/gallery.html
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Tops C.A.T.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By machinegunseabee:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/213303/IMG_4717_jpeg-3208369.JPG

MILMAK CCW
View Quote

I have a CCW I love, but I have one of his earlier shitty sheaths. I asked if I could buy one of the sheaths you have, and I was ignored. Sucks cause I’d love to carry it more, but the sheath sucks a fat one.

This Dull Boy Blades Mini Beekeeper has been on me every day for two years. I’ve got a couple more Dull Boys since then and like them a lot, but they haven’t been able to replace the MB.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Nice. I think I might get the Tops 3 pointer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#6]
White river knives Exodus 4 or Exodus 3.

Occasionally an Izula2, with a few or hers from either Bitchmade or Spyderco thrown in for various needs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Some nice blades in this thread . I have a few tho my current favs are a couple from Tom Lewis Carlsbad NM . One in a vertical sheath and another in a horizontal. His sheaths are nice hand tooled heavy leather with excellent retention. Mine are his clay tempered varieties and both are razors .
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never felt the need for anything other than a Buck 119 for a woods knife.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I've carried a few but none of them have really stuck.

Older Kershaw Hunter- nice size, iffy leather sheath retention, goofy Sandvik steel
Cold Steel Mini Pendleton Hunter- great size, AUS10, terrible sheath, engraving rusted, too much play in handle where the blade goes in, biggest disappointment of the group
Cold Steel SRK Compact- awful sheath, no problems with the knife but I want to strip and patina the 2 I have, carries great handle tilted up at 11 o'clock, can draw with either hand and conceals ok
Regular SRK- same issues as above, little too big for me and a really chunky blade
Old Hickory 5.5- nice knife, iffy sheath, collector's item now
Condor Terrasaur- really a woods blade, deep carry sheath is slow to draw and the belt loop is tight on a gun belt

If I had a better sheath for the Compact that would probably see daily use. I wear 3-4xl gloves and this is very comfortable and much thinner than the full-size. I think I can fix the sheath, I've already ran a file on the inside blade side and spine side (one dinged up the spine somehow), I just need better retention.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Occasionally I’ll carry a KA-Bar TDI. I’ve been interested in picking something else up. Just not sure what.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WTXTremor:

I have a CCW I love, but I have one of his earlier shitty sheaths. I asked if I could buy one of the sheaths you have, and I was ignored. Sucks cause I’d love to carry it more, but the sheath sucks a fat one.
View Quote

@WTXTremor check his web store he has sheaths posted now.

CCW sheath
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Love the Speed-goat
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By machinegunseabee:

@WTXTremor check his web store he has sheaths posted now.

CCW sheath
View Quote

Awesome! Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Mora.   They’re cheap.  They work.  If you lose it just grab another one out of the drawer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Love the Speed-goat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

Love the Speed-goat
#Metoo

these knives live up to the hype.
and that's very refreshing, I've found the more things are hyped, the more mediocre they are.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:19:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rudukai13] [#19]

Thought I had a better pic but evidently not. Magnumworks one-off mini axe. Before that, it was these two:

Ironside Edgeworks customs, a one-of-one double-edged Karambit/Pikal hybrid and a now one-of-two push dagger
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Ontario SP6 8", mini-KaBar tanto 5.25" (Texas bar legal), Gerber Stongarm 5", Cold "Steel" 5" plastic dagger I cut one edge off of this afternoon.

Have carried the mini-KaBar a lot, but have just started carrying a Cold Steel large Luzon folder I've cut down to a 5.5" tanto (Texas bar legal) and did some more Dremel trimming on today.  I got the plastic sheath for the KaBar and promptly went back to my well worn leather sheath.

I only carried the SP6 in Iraq in Basra, where we didn't have full control of personnel on post b/c of agreements the Brits had set up.  Got all my troops there mini-KaBars of one flavor or another, including my contractors.

Carried the Strongarm in Florida when I had to leave my KaBar behind on a flight.  Worn it a couple other times since but I think it's too easy to grab if I wear it horizontally on the belt behind me, and it gets in the way on the sides, and uncomfortable when driving or sitting.

My last two deployments I got all my troops M7 bayonets, as I fully supported the Army's SHARP program.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I like my letter opener that I use to open letters with

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I don’t have a fixed blade EDC, but I do have a Randall 10-3 that I belt carry behind my right hip bone occasionally.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top