Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#1]
WV needs to be last. Terrible state to live in. We are backwards inbred hillbillies who hate everyone even ourselves. Stay away, go to Utah.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#2]
MI is about where it deserves to be but some of the other picks and even close to what I would pick.   I don't they used personal freedom as one of the factors for choosing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Boomer:
OP doesn’t know what happens to communities and states that top these “Best Places To Live” lists.
View Quote

Preach it. Greenville SC has been on top ten lists for about five years now. The result is tons of growth, almost all from out of state.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#4]
are there cheap slutty women tho?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
We spent a night in Vernal, UT 2 years ago.

Seemed a perfectly sleepy boring little town. I think I could go back and enjoy it if not for the winters.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
are there cheap slutty women tho?
View Quote

You can have whores or civilization. Pick one.

I’ll take civilization.

I have a lot of issues with Mormonism but the women tend to not be whores. That’s a plus. If that keeps out the sort of men who want whores, that’s another plus. Go Utah.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Utah is No. 1 in U.S. News & World Report’s Best States rankings for a second straight year, with the Beehive State landing among the top 20 in seven out of eight statistical categories.

Best States Rankings

These Are the 10 Best States in the U.S.
Utah
New Hampshire
Nebraska
Minnesota
Idaho
Iowa
Vermont
Washington
Florida
Massachusetts
View Quote

These Are the 10 Lowest-Ranked States in the U.S.
50. Louisiana
49. New Mexico
48. Mississippi
47. Arkansas
46. West Virginia
45. Alaska
44. Alabama
43. Oklahoma
42. Michigan
41. South Carolina
View Quote

As a transplant many years ago, Utah is great.
View Quote

I love a lot of things about NC but I'm always actively on the lookout for states that are a) free, B) have economic opportunity in my industry, and C) aren't fucking miserable swamps half or more of the year. Utah is on the short list.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:49:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: P400] [#8]
3 states that are politically horrible and oppose freedom appear in the top 10. I can't take that report seriously.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hugh1:
If CA, NY, NJ and MI aren't dead last there is a problem with the list.
View Quote

I came here to post that.

Utah has been overwhelmed with Californians the last four years.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
Utah is the next Colorado. You heard it here first.
View Quote

I said the same thing in 2022 when I was out there for work.  It's all setup already.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
Our life in Washington was wonderful.
View Quote
Washington would be wonderful if it wasn't run by liberals.  I'd move there in a heartbeat if it were as conservative as Utah.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
I'd like to argue with you, but I'm not sure I can.  The trends are all there.

I think one difference is the traditional social conservatism of Mormons will delay and mitigate it somewhat.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Utah deserves what it gets. Every liberal Californian needs to retire there to be close to Mittens.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By byron2112:
Uhh, Washington is a tyrannical shithole..
View Quote

And Taxsachusetts isn't too peachy either.  List is garbage, although I do like Utah.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I am sure Utah is fine but US Snooze is hardly a source of unbiased reporting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I currently live in NM.  The state is absolutely beautiful in certain areas, but I'm not sure that is enough to offset just how much it fucking sucks otherwise....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Tonights sunset from the patio in the Capitol Hill area, that is SLC airport tower in the distance

Utah sunsets are unmatched, orange skies daily

https://i.imgur.com/P4ryrFB.jpg

It snowed here in the downtown area Sunday up until 3ish pm. Snow in May, Lol.
View Quote

Yeah, that was great. 75 on Saturday, I'm wearing shorts on Sunday. Out & about taking my wife to the mall to do returns. And it starts dumping snow. Son of a...

If WA is in the top 10, that list is BS. Traffic, congestion, high property/rent, and tax burden kill the state, let alone the anti-2A sentiment and violent protestors. After the BLM riots in Seattle/Bellevue, the media never reported follow up of the offenders. IIRC, over 300 people were arrested for vandalism and theft. You know it's not a real protest when dozens of people are caught on camera fleeing Bell Square Mall with armloads of Nike/Adidas/Under Armour/etc.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NickPapagiorgio:

I love a lot of things about NC but I'm always actively on the lookout for states that are a) free, B) have economic opportunity in my industry, and C) aren't fucking miserable swamps half or more of the year. Utah is on the short list.
View Quote
I would agree. I like NC, but I'm not married to it. Unfortunately my wife and I are too old to
go moving anymore. I don't think I could convince her to do so anyway. She really likes where we are.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hillbilly62:
WV needs to be last. Terrible state to live in. We are backwards inbred hillbillies who hate everyone even ourselves. Stay away, go to Utah.
View Quote

not much for women in WV tho.  i love the state but shew...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

Lol, $430k is dirt cheap. Especially to people in high CoL liberal cities. Enjoy the influx of them.
View Quote
Pretty much. That's about what we paid for our house in Monroe in 2016. 3200sqft on a .17ac lot. We missed the best time to move to UT (2022), but we got here. Our home, if in WA, would cost close to $1m. And it's not even extravagant. 2800sqft, 3-car garage, .17 lot.

Our property taxes are 1/2 of what they were in WA. Our home insurance is about 1/2. Gas is about $1/gal cheaper. Costco on Sunday is practically empty. Car washes on almost every corner instead of Starbucks. And after being here 10 months, we haven't had one knock on the door from a white-shirt & black-tie youth. And our pew collection has grown since moving here. A 5-min wait for a check and we're out the door, case in hand. Gun ranges don't treat you like a baby.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I travel regularly across the western U.S. Utah is one of the cleanest states I go through. But that damn Valley north of Spanish Forks is a crowded shithole, like California. I like Heber, although it’s getting crowded too. The thing I notice about Utah is they are really into family outdoor recreation. I see lots of people playing sports ball in their local parks, lots of people hiking with their kids, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, UTVs. Probably lots of shooting guns for fun. I also see lots of those white steeple Mormon churches everywhere in Utah.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:

You can have whores or civilization. Pick one.

I’ll take civilization.

I have a lot of issues with Mormonism but the women tend to not be whores. That’s a plus. If that keeps out the sort of men who want whores, that’s another plus. Go Utah.

View Quote

never met a mormon.  as long as they leave me alone, i could care less.  

i still prefer whores!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:23:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Twisted10] [#24]
Masshole in the top 10.  

fucking place is just about the worst state in the northeast, maybe Jersey is ahead of it.  Both full of retarded accents and assholes
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:
I feel for brothers and sisters behind enemy lines in Washington and Massachusetts, but when those two states are in the top ten, I have an inkling that US News doesn't weigh the same values I find important in a state.
View Quote
I always assumed that the rankings were paid advertisements. I'm sure no one actually goes to all the states and does an in-depth analysis. Utah has some pretty good roads and beautiful countryside. That's about my only experience. I traveled through Utah on my way to Colorado about 15 years ago and couldn't find a cup of coffee anywhere. That's changed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck yeah , bottom 10 and living like I’m #1 , go boomer !
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:36:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#27]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
If you had ever been through Iowa, you would know there is a problem with that list.

Barely any trees or hills or fucking gas stations next to the highway.
View Quote

Iowa is a great state.   Learn to accept/appreciate different ecosystems.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#28]
What would be interesting is a state rankings based on things that are important to freedom lovers.

I suspect oppressive regulations of guns and free speech are not considered as a bad thing for most of those lists builders.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Washington would be wonderful if it wasn't run by liberals.  I'd move there in a heartbeat if it were as conservative as Utah.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Our life in Washington was wonderful.

Hell I loved it when I was stationed there in the mid-2010s, at the time they still had damn good gun laws but it was clear that wouldn't last much longer
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Politics has very little effect on our daily lives. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Pogo55:
I would agree. I like NC, but I'm not married to it. Unfortunately my wife and I are too old to
go moving anymore. I don't think I could convince her to do so anyway. She really likes where we are.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pogo55:
Originally Posted By NickPapagiorgio:

Hell I'd happily stick around here if I could make enough working fully remote to be able to live up in the mountains (would probably prefer to be on the Tennessee side, but wouldn't be a deal breaker if I found a good deal on some land in NC), but as it is I'm tied to commuting into Charlotte.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Utah is rapidly turning into East California.  It was a great place to leave but fuckheads like Cox decided to try and turn it into the new silicon valley.  It's over crowded as hell now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:47:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#33]
"Only one state – Wisconsin – fell out of the top 10, with the Badger State dropping from No. 8 to No. 17 in the latest rankings."

That raises questions about the rankings.  How would a state change that much in one year.   Or multiple states change enough to get above Wisconsin?     This is clearly biased rankings by cheesephobes.

The following in even more questionable:

"Meanwhile, Utah was among the poorest performers in the U.S. for natural environment (No. 46),"

Utah has to be one of the best for natural beauty.  Drive through southern Utah and every new turn reveals a new awesome vista. There are many National Parks, monuments. etc.   I challenge anyone who likes natural beauty to even scratch the vast extent of it in a short one week vacation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#34]
I have wanted to move there for years but it got california expensive
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:
I travel regularly across the western U.S. Utah is one of the cleanest states I go through. But that damn Valley north of Spanish Forks is a crowded shithole, like California. I like Heber, although it's getting crowded too. The thing I notice about Utah is they are really into family outdoor recreation. I see lots of people playing sports ball in their local parks, lots of people hiking with their kids, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, UTVs. Probably lots of shooting guns for fun. I also see lots of those white steeple Mormon churches everywhere in Utah.
View Quote

Not church, Stake Center I've been corrected.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By LRShooter:
Religious discrimination still alive and well in the state though.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/fox-13-investigates/former-utah-legislator-settles-religious-discrimination-complaint-with-police-department

View Quote

The polygamists are left alone, even though the welfare scam needs to be stopped. Legally, you can only marry one wife. So all the other wives are single parents and collecting the state money.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:52:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#38]
Originally Posted By UV18:
The polygamists are left alone, even though the welfare scam needs to be stopped. Legally, you can only marry one wife. So all the other wives are single parents and collecting the state money.
View Quote

That needs to end in the US.  No more welfare (taxpayer money) for bastard kids.  Fuck "single moms."   Liberals use that phrase to legitimize something that should be shamed and certainly not subsidized with money stolen from others.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
"Only one state   Wisconsin   fell out of the top 10, with the Badger State dropping from No. 8 to No. 17 in the latest rankings."

That raises questions about the rankings.  How would a state change that much in one year.   Or multiple states change enough to get above Wisconsin?     This is clearly biased rankings by cheesephobes.

The following in even more questionable:

"Meanwhile, Utah was among the poorest performers in the U.S. for natural environment (No. 46),"

Utah has to be one of the best for natural beauty.  Drive through southern Utah and every new turn reveals a new awesome vista. There are many National Parks, monuments. etc.   I challenge anyone who likes natural beauty to even scratch the vast extent of it in a short one week vacation.
View Quote
I think they mean everything that UT does that's environmentally unfriendly. The amount of mining done here, electricity creation, the dead air that leaves dust/smog in the SLC valley. Emission testing in only a few counties, proliferation of gas bikes/quads/SxS, and water supply.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Politics has very little effect on our daily lives. YMMV.
View Quote

That's a bit dismissive.

Property taxes?
Gas tax/Green Energy tax?
Sound Transit tax?
Good To Go program & tolling?
Lack of social programs to mitigate homeless issue in SEA?
Decriminalization of drug use?
Sales tax?
Covid restrictions?
Banning new construction gas service for PSE, resulting in eventual price increases to current service subscribers?

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#41]
I liked my time in Utah… but you can keep the winter inversion, the scorching summers and horrendous traffic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:25:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#42]
Tonights sunset from the patio in the Capitol Hill area, that is SLC airport tower in the distance

Utah sunsets are unmatched, orange skies daily

https://i.imgur.com/P4ryrFB.jpg

It snowed here in the downtown area Sunday up until 3ish pm. Snow in May, Lol.
View Quote

Pollution be beautiful, yo!!!

The air there is absolutely brutal. My eyes start to burn every time I get about half way down Parleys. I lived in the Aves for a few years… that place has some of the worst air in the country. And when you do get some good  wind from the west to clear out the nasty… it’s filled with yummy VX from Tooele. Gotta love it when it comes from the northwest over the lake and smells like Madonna’s crotch.

That being said, I’ve been to all 50 states and Utah is definitely top 3 in beauty.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
I liked my time in Utah  but you can keep the winter inversion, the scorching summers and horrendous traffic.
View Quote
Ha. Utah has nothing on Seattle metro traffic.

Drivers following the traffic rules, however... Utah has some of the dumbest/riskiest drivers of any state I've driven in (not a lot, mostly the West). Sunday in a snowstorm 3 cars with ample following distance ran a red light - like mine was green as each one ran the red across my car's nose. Lane positioning is a light suggestion. Pulling out of a driveway requires no stopping or looking. If you can see the rear tires of the car in front of you, you're too far away, as someone will try to change lanes into that space.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Shhhhhhh!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Utah is cool.  Lots of good looking women.  Mormons and liquor laws are odd.  I don't know how Illinois isn't in the bottom 10.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:

Only if you're a conservative, I lived there in the 80s and 90s as a kid and it was great.  All the people I know from my childhood still are liberals and believe Washington is still wonderful.  My Dad lives there still but he has so much money that nothing Olympia does bothers him.  It's no different how liberals view Texas.
View All Quotes

Only if you're a conservative, I lived there in the 80s and 90s as a kid and it was great.  All the people I know from my childhood still are liberals and believe Washington is still wonderful.  My Dad lives there still but he has so much money that nothing Olympia does bothers him.  It's no different how liberals view Texas.

Seattle is a shithole whether you're conservative or liberal.  I grew up north of Seattle  in the 70s and 80s and still have two sisters there.  I refused to go back after school b/c I saw the writing on the wall.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Cacinok:

Seattle is a shithole whether you're conservative or liberal.  I grew up north of Seattle  in the 70s and 80s and still have two sisters there.  I refused to go back after school b/c I saw the writing on the wall.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cacinok:

How is Denver doing these days?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Checks out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:
I travel regularly across the western U.S. Utah is one of the cleanest states I go through. But that damn Valley north of Spanish Forks is a crowded shithole, like California. I like Heber, although it’s getting crowded too. The thing I notice about Utah is they are really into family outdoor recreation. I see lots of people playing sports ball in their local parks, lots of people hiking with their kids, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, UTVs. Probably lots of shooting guns for fun. I also see lots of those white steeple Mormon churches everywhere in Utah.
View Quote

Definitely.  I usually head to UT to take various classes, in fact I was out there two Saturdays ago taking a pistol class.  UTVs seem to be the off road vehicle of choice.
Page / 3
Top Top