BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Drive around at 2am with your headlights off.
View Quote

You forgot the..."in a not so good area".
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JLH3:
Know a group of cops who went to rent a car to drive to a shooting competition and when they opened the trunk it was covered in shake.
View Quote

What is "shake"?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't bother or invite the man and don't get a K9 out there. Drig K9s are already a massive waste of tax dollars. You're just contributing to more waste.

If you need to check all interior panels and under the car. Then check in or under seats.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ohio_Bill:
Check the rocker panels
View Quote

The French Connection - That stuff is in that car - what's the weight of the car when you got it
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember reading an article where LE was showing off some of the trophies they confiscated from drug dealers. They were on display for the public to see what their tax money was being spent on. Long story short, someone started turning knobs & playing w/ windows & a secret compartment popped open. There is was, still in the car ready for distribution...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

What is "shake"?
View Quote

Small weed debris
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AttachedFile:
When we bought a used car for our daughter it had that recently cleaned smell. As it wore off we began to smell the weed. If the car sat for more than a day with the windows closed then the smell would hit you as soon as you opened the door, didn't even have to get in to smell it.
In the end we found less than a joint scattered throughout the car.
View Quote

the smell is in the fabric I would imagine. Rent or buy an O-zone generator and you should be able to get it cleaned up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By usmcdean:
Are the “reasons” because your son is the new owner of a used Dodge Challenger/Charger?
View Quote

Ghetto sold cheap to pay bail?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By slimslade:
Come on, Irv, what the hell is a rocker panel?
View Quote

6 people who are trying to decide if AC/DC is better than Metallica?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:44:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TXBBQGuy] [#12]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
How are some of you able to function in normal society?  Worrying about drugs in a newly-purchased used vehicle?  
View Quote

I have found drugs in newly purchased used vehicles, I've also found them in rental cars that were "freshly cleaned" before I picked them up

ETA: I also regularly find stuff in customer's vehicle when they come in to work. It's always fun calling them to come pick it up because I have to do a road test and I'm not interested in having to explain to the cops "these aren't my pants"
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a recovered stolen truck.  I found out when I registered it.  I called my brother and he sent over a K9 to do a sniff.  No hits.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#14]
we did this - set up an appointment with the Sheriff's office.  

No weed but the dog was 'interested'  but not alerting in the passenger seat - there was a half bag of petrified french fries way up under there

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:
Originally Posted By usmcdean:
Are the "reasons" because your son is the new owner of a used Dodge Challenger/Charger?
View Quote

Ghetto sold cheap to pay bail

Don't get me involved in this
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By giantpune:
I was gonna say, there's a local church and it seems like a few times a month, they have a bunch of K-9 cops from different agencies roll up.  I never knew if it was some play date for the doggos or training or what.  But it seems like a safe bet would be to approach a group like that, let them know the situation, and see if they want to run their dogs through the car.  If a flock of dogs doesn't find anything, then it doesnt matter if there's drugs in the car.  A dog at a traffic stop wouldn't find it.  
View Quote
What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mancow:
I got called to a house one day where the owner was doing some sort of aftermarket install and pulled about 10 kilo of compressed weed from the frame of a Cherokee. It was bought from a Marshal's auction.
View Quote

So what you’re saying is that sometimes cops are lazy and don’t completely search a car before selling it at auction, possibly selling something that still has an illegal substance in it.

GD isn’t going to believe you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By giantpune:
I was gonna say, there's a local church and it seems like a few times a month, they have a bunch of K-9 cops from different agencies roll up.  I never knew if it was some play date for the doggos or training or what.  But it seems like a safe bet would be to approach a group like that, let them know the situation, and see if they want to run their dogs through the car.  If a flock of dogs doesn't find anything, then it doesnt matter if there's drugs in the car.  A dog at a traffic stop wouldn't find it.  
View Quote

I was renting out a bay of a building several years ago when I needed some extra room for a big project. The owners of the building had been allowing the local K-9 officers to come in occasionally to train their dogs. One day they had K-9's from several jurisdictions come in, sort of a competition I guess. A few days later I found a bag of weed behind some boxes they had left behind. I don't know if it was just careless cops or the dogs missed it, I never saw any of the dogs hitting on those boxes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought a car as a parts car to fix another identical one. When I took the door panels off, there were a couple foilies and a small bag of meth in there.

After finding that, I had the other car fixed up in record time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Now is when we really need that former member dude with the dog wearing the doggles all the time.  Said he was a trainer or something.

Those threads were epic.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Safe thread.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:

"Shake & Bake" meth, one would surmise.
View Quote

Why would you answer a question while retarded?

Shake is just loose broken up pot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Our local PDs K9 handler would jump at a chance to run his dog across a car like that.  It's not really used for drug searches that much on duty because they have better things to do than to fish for seizures on the side of the road.  So any opportunity to work the dog is welcomed.  It mostly gets lots of bite work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mancow:
I got called to a house one day where the owner was doing some sort of aftermarket install and pulled about 10 kilo of compressed weed from the frame of a Cherokee. It was bought from a Marshal's auction.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#25]

About 25 years ago I ended up with a retired ST.Louis City Police Dog a Belgian Shepard. May be he was not trained for dope but he could sure smell out hamburgers.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top