Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Federov:

It does.  It means Putin now has legitimacy to attack a country in Europe

Good job frogs.
View Quote

I thought we supported Europeans defending Europe and not Americans.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By xd341:
not to mention that we have units specifically trained to assist situations like this. Not just run hits, but assist with the organization, comms, logistics, targeting all the stuff that makes you successful.

From what I know Ukraine is a Green Berets wet dream.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Does anyone here doubt that Every interested country has operators on the ground in Ukraine?    

There's a bizarre distinction in the media, between putting "regular troops" into the conflict vs. "special forces".     I guess it plays well with the general public.   But anyone interested in war, has to know that you don't send systems like Patriot and Stormshadow, without advisors.
not to mention that we have units specifically trained to assist situations like this. Not just run hits, but assist with the organization, comms, logistics, targeting all the stuff that makes you successful.

From what I know Ukraine is a Green Berets wet dream.

Exactly.   I think we don’t discuss it, because neither side really wants to  think about it much.    But there’s no way we aren’t personally involved with targeting etc.    In addition, our guys have to be Very interested in how each weapon system is performing;  Especially, with regard to drones.   If we don’t have troops there, it would be criminal negligence.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Russia hasn't just claimed SOF in Ukraine they've claimed NATO regular officers command Ukraine units - artillery, air defense etc, NATO command centers in Ukraine and NATO pilots

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_3954_jpeg-3206239.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_3953_jpeg-3206240.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_3955_jpeg-3206241.JPG
View Quote
I mean it's Russia...so bullshit.  

But you have to admit it's a pretty good mission for the right units. Russia can pretty safely claim SOF because...duh...it's pretty obviously a good application.

Regular troops as technicians for Patriot...maybe..? Doubt it...but...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

Even the guy who wrote the article is indicating the Foreign Legion could have been deployed a month ago. Honestly 100 troops to the front line wouldn't move the needle much or even be as news worthy without the headline

Here's a screen shot of his comments instead of my quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132893/1714930869577328_jpg-3206237.JPG
View Quote

When I make my threads or post 87% of the time I look for multiple well known publicly available sources.

I won’t post classified information nor info unavailable to the public. I’ve interacted with journalists / reporters for 20 years during GWOT and most of them are a pain in the ass to deal with. There’s some who work exclusively or primarily on military affairs but 90% of them are just clueless on military matters.

The new crop of incoming journalists are especially bad
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol.

I went to a yard sale and the seller was some TDS who was moving to France. Literally said he "wanted to get away from Trump."

Enjoy getting nuked by Slavics.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats not going to end well for Macron if any of them get killed.
The people said they didnt support sending troops.
Macron can sit behind a desk and talk smack but he may of done himself out of a jerb.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Exactly.   I think we don't discuss it, because neither side really wants to  think about it much.    But there's no way we aren't personally involved with targeting etc.    In addition, our guys have to be Very interested in how each weapon system is performing;  Especially, with regard to drones.   If we don't have troops there, it would be criminal negligence.
View Quote
yeah, intel types or at least intel missions are probably the biggest reason. It's basically a modern warfare laboratory.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BFskinner:
If the French are actively shooting at the Russians then the Russians may not feel constrained to keep the shooting back limited to Ukraine.
View Quote

Aren’t the russians/ Wagner causing lots of trouble in Chad and Niger (please)?
So it would be payback
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:05:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#10]

Does anyone here doubt that Every interested country has operators on the ground in Ukraine?    

There’s a bizarre distinction in the media, between putting “regular troops” into the conflict vs. “special forces”.     I guess it plays well with the general public.   But anyone interested in war, has to know that you don’t send systems like Patriot and Stormshadow, without advisors.
I’d be shocked if SAS/SBS isn’t deeply involved.  It’s what they do.  Britain has made a big commitment, and Putin threatened to sink their Island with nuclear torpedoes.
View Quote

I've seen videos of guys fighting for Russia from Sub-Saharan Africa, Syria, China, Nepal and probably a dozen other countries I'm forgetting.

Plenty of mercs from NATO countries fighting for Ukraine, usually even with a patch of their home country flag, but they are technically not mercenaries through some beurocratic gymnastics.

Why would France announce they are sending in troops when there are already easy ways to get those guys to the front? Why would they open up a larger conflict for the sake of getting a hundred guys there with hundreds of thousands fighting?

The article headline is click bait for what the writer is trying to convey. I'd be surprised if the Cubans didn't have 100 troops somewhere fighting in Ukraine

https://www.reuters.com/world/whatsapp-war-how-cubans-were-recruited-fight-russia-2023-09-30/
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I mean it's Russia...so bullshit.  

But you have to admit it's a pretty good mission for the right units. Russia can pretty safely claim SOF because...duh...it's pretty obviously a good application.

Regular troops as technicians for Patriot...maybe..? Doubt it...but...
View Quote

I can opine on a lot of things in GD but like Taiwan I withheld info for 4 years until it was in the news.

If it’s open source and available to the public, I usually comment.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I can opine on a lot of things in GD but like Taiwan I withheld info for 4 years until it was in the news.

If it's open source and available to the public, I usually comment.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
While I wouldn’t be upset about it.

If this was true it would be headline news across the world.

I miss when GD wasn’t the National Enquirer
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Good job frogs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jb1001:
Does that mean France is at war with Russia?

Good job frogs.

Ukraine isn’t in Europe?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#15]
Originally Posted By eolian:
Thats not going to end well for Macron if any of them get killed.
The people said they didnt support sending troops.
Macron can sit behind a desk and talk smack but he may of done himself out of a jerb.

View Quote

Currently only sent foriegn legion.

Which are foreigners fighting for france in return for French citizenship.

They aren't native Frenchman. A workaround for now I suppose.

Macron is also sugaring up president Xi in Paris today. Apparently talking about independence from united states influence.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: somedude] [#16]
View Quote

maybe they trying the police action without a formal declaration.

I still think its likely just as advisors. but who knows.   our advisors did a lot of the fighting in the past.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:51:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#17]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:

Macron is also sugaring up president Xi in Paris today. Apparently talking about independence from united states influence. Seems france wants a Europe that is free from united states influence.
View Quote

I'm sure there are Foreign Legion fighting but I don't think Macron has officially deployed them. Think that would still be a huge deal if it was official

I found this in the comments of the substack article when I was looking info

First, the Foreign Legion is definitely a part of Frances regular forces. It is under the very same status as any other unit of the French military, and thus, deploying the Légion is a matter of what operational know-how is necessary, and not a matter of lessening the meaningfulness of an alleged deployment nor seeking a lesser political risk.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Macron is also sugaring up president Xi in Paris today. Apparently talking about independence from united states influence.
View Quote

I believe the officers are mainly French unless they have changed that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Brian01:
We should help by flying air defense missions over the eastern part of the country.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:01:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xd341] [#20]

View Quote
that's a pretty standard french thing. They go back and forth about being friends or not.

They make the Indians look loyal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Hopefully France also sent FFL to Africa to reclaim the countries Russia took
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:11:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astronwolf] [#22]
Here is a recent photo of French troops deployed near Kyiv marching to the front.  Note that they are in single-file to hide thier numbers.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Troops are not French citizens
Until after 3 years Or upon being wounded

The Legion today is run by French officers but the rank and file are all foreigners. Under the curren anonymat (being anonymous) a volunteer who joins the Legion can decide whether to keep his given name or adopt a new one. Legionnaires serve for three year terms, after which they can ask for French citizenship. If a legionnaire is wounded, he is entitled to gain French citizenship without any waiting period. There are no women in the Foreign Legion.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#24]
They are going to shit bricks when they get to the front line..
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#25]
So France is going to get it's ass kicked in Russia?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Further evidence that the world is staged for WW3
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

It could certainly  be interpreted that way.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By astronwolf:
Here is a recent photo of French troops deployed near Kyiv marching to the front.  Note that they are in single-file to hide thier numbers.

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6437d079-e343-44aa-9060-8ac359ced598_1064x900.webp

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#29]
The Last Remake Of Beau Geste Trailer 1977
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

French men can join the Foreign Legion which makes the article in the OP somewhat suspect in my opinion.

Can a French join the Foreign Legion?

Yes. A French can join the Foreign Legion. He is just going to change his nationality while he is hired to comply with the statutes of the legion. His candidacy is all the more important since it is precisely this Frenchman who will bring his knowledge of the country and the language to foreign hires in addition to the courses provided.

https://www.legion-recrute.com/en/faq-frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=The%20Legion%20will%20train%20you,can%20join%20the%20Foreign%20Legion

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I would suspect the Foreign Legion has been there since the early days?  

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#32]
That is the start of WW3 with a NATO country entering the war.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Aaron56:

We (the USA) did that long ago...

https://i.imgur.com/h8xHIUE.png

We really showed them there Russians didn't we!

(Yes, that is an American dude pretending to be a female and actively working to help Ukraine 'appear' to be 'strong' somehow...)

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aaron56:
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
France has sent its first troops officially to Ukraine. They have been deployed in support of the Ukrainian 54th Independent Mechanized Brigade in Slavyansk. The French soldiers are drawn from France's 3rd Infantry Regiment, which is one of the main elements of France's Foreign Legion (L gion  trang re).
https://asiatimes.com/2024/05/france-sends-combat-troops-to-ukraine-battlefront/

We (the USA) did that long ago...

https://i.imgur.com/h8xHIUE.png

We really showed them there Russians didn't we!

(Yes, that is an American dude pretending to be a female and actively working to help Ukraine 'appear' to be 'strong' somehow...)

Looks like Paul Giamatti with a wig. Like in John Adams.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

So it would be payback
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JQ66:
If the French are actively shooting at the Russians then the Russians may not feel constrained to keep the shooting back limited to Ukraine.

So it would be payback

It's a much more complex situation.

How Wagner Kicked OUT France From AFRICA
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

We inch closer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By VidaEterna:

We inch closer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VidaEterna:

We inch closer.

The only thing we're inching closer to is Idiocracy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:16:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flogger23m] [#39]
As I posted in another thread, the reason extends beyond Ukraine. France is being expelled from Africa and replaced by Russia. France still runs a colonial system in Africa which is extremely one sided and beneficial to them. A quote from the article:

The second reason is Macron’s anger at seeing French troops, almost all from the Legion, getting kicked out of Sahelian Africa and replaced by Russians. Control of Francophone Africa, and the riches it provides to French politicians, has been broken by the revolt and revolution in Africa and a decisive tilt to Russia – either directly or through PMC Wagner (the Wagner Group). now clearly under Vladimir Putin’s direct control.

This “humiliation” is felt in the Élysée Palace and particularly by Macron who, his opponents say, has lost France’s influence and harmed France’s overseas mining and business interests.
View Quote

France is sending the troops kicked out of Africa, replaced by Russians, to help kill Russians in Ukraine. It is essentially a cold war in Africa. France benefits greatly at gets much cheaper nuclear energy via exploitation of Africa. That may be coming to an end, and France's economy will be hit hard. Where as the rest of Europe gave up colonization, France never did. They just changed some words around and kept it going.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I suspect that the announcement of France having troops on the ground is a precursor
to the announcement that those troops have surrendered or been captured because they
didn't run away fast enough.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Why would he care about legitimatacy all of the sudden?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Good job frogs.

Why would he care about legitimatacy all of the sudden?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Asia times...

Underground alien bases. Chemtrails. Now we've got the VERY foreign legion in Ukraine
View Quote

This.

Anyone have a better source for this?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
Officially, it won't be the French, since Frenchmen aren't technically allowed in the Legion. Think of them as Wagner, but with cheese and baguettes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Wow. So perceptive.

Do you think they might threaten to use nukes on us again?
View Quote

Well, it will be the 2,475th time they have since the whole Ukraine thing fired up
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:

How would that work though... To attack France, they'd have to go over Germany and Poland. If they haven't done anything to initiate conflict, would Russia attacking France thru their space count as enough of an attack to invoke article 5?

I'm assuming the Russians don't have it together enough to actually sneak a sub off the coast of France. There's a lot of nations they'd have to get past first without being tracked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
And Article 5 will not apply because France started it.

How would that work though... To attack France, they'd have to go over Germany and Poland. If they haven't done anything to initiate conflict, would Russia attacking France thru their space count as enough of an attack to invoke article 5?

I'm assuming the Russians don't have it together enough to actually sneak a sub off the coast of France. There's a lot of nations they'd have to get past first without being tracked.
They could do a beach landing. I hear their navy isn't up to much these days.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Officially, it won't be the French, since Frenchmen aren't technically allowed in the Legion. Think of them as Wagner, but with cheese and baguettes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

And the French have SSBNs so it’s not like the Russians are going to start chucking Kh-101s at Paris.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

The intelligence of people on here is been a massive decline over about the past 8 years. As long as there's a link to a website people will believe literally anything.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
Originally Posted By Abakan:

LOL

You folks are so gullible.

The intelligence of people on here is been a massive decline over about the past 8 years. As long as there's a link to a website people will believe literally anything.
Joke's on you -- I don't believe anything. I just have fun in the forums and wait for stuff to happen.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

View Quote

Page / 5
Top Top