Originally Posted By italianstallion95:

SOCOM is evaluating Flux Raiders for their M17s
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Nailed it.
Now if they'd start equipping some people with an M17 in a Flux Raider chassis with a red dot as their T/O weapon, I would tell a different story.

Yep, I saw some of the pics. I hope they make it to like troops as well. It would greatly increase internal security capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like my SLX556C-QD.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
I feel like I've been bamboozled.  Here I am enjoying my Sig guns, and all along I was unaware they were an "unfavorable manufacturer"...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105138/1000006313-3205639.jpg

I guess I need to sell them and maybe buy some KACs (have 2), a Geissele (have 3), and Daniel Defense (have 3), maybe some Colts (have an M16A1 full auto in ATF Form 4 hell, technically haven't shot it yet).

Arfcom GD basement dwellers have convinced me of the error of my ways.
View Quote

Nice rigs !

Don't get bothered by the know nothings on here, the KAC crowd will preach they are the best, the Geiselle crowd will claim they are the best, the LWRC crowd will claim they are the best, and the DD crowd will claim they are the best. Each one will use QC issues that every manufacturer has had: from Geiselle transitioning to cheaper coatings that could never match, price gouging during Covid, bolt catches breaking, Mk16 Bendy-Boy; then comes KAC, then comes LWRC with their SMG45 abortion and some noted accuracy issues with their rifles, and lets not even start with the FN SCAR crowd.

History repeats itself. As an FFL and actually seeing customers run NIB firearms, about 20-30% of gun buyers will become attached to 1 brand or maybe 2 or 3 brands and invest all their ego into why their rig is the best. Out of all the brands we move, from a quality and reliability and features standpoint, SIG Sauer overall is a great firearms brand and one of the few that is pushing the envelope and it shows, their P365 series is the nations best seller, a lot of competitive shooters have been running MPXs and P320s, and SOCOM is adopting Rattler/SURG/MCX/Spear-LT. All these factors cause the haters to come out of the woodwork and try to convince us that all us Sig owners should look at our guns the way we look at Hi Points.

The brand we by far need RMAs on are Smith & Wessons (excl. S&W revolvers)
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

That's cool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, I saw some of the pics. I hope they make it to like troops as well. It would greatly increase internal security capabilities.
View Quote

I bought a Raider-X about 3 months ago during the few miracle seconds it was available on the Flux website. Ran my P320 FCU with the Spectre Comp slide/barrel/comp for the first time 2 weeks ago, I was making groupings the size of a cockroach at 75 yds. with that thing, which everyone will tell you is impossible with a pistol. Extremely impressed, absorbs the recoil fairly well, I mounted a P2 ACRO on it and have about 500 rounds through it, reliable has been 100% and I highly recommend the Raider-X if anyone can get their hands on it. After the range the first words to the employees was that SOCOM needs to adopt this thing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my Sig's....P226, P320''s, P365. No issues......
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel like I've been bamboozled.  Here I am enjoying my Sig guns, and all along I was unaware they were an "unfavorable manufacturer"...

I guess I need to sell them and maybe buy some KACs (have 2), a Geissele (have 3), and Daniel Defense (have 3), maybe some Colts (have an M16A1 full auto in ATF Form 4 hell, technically haven't shot it yet).

View Quote

This whole thread is dumb. "Unfavorable manufacturer"? You have to be an absolute idiot to not see that SIG is dominating and is the leading manufacturer of small arms in the world. Kicking ass in the civi sector, the big .mil side and in SOF units worldwide.

I really want to believe that GD mouthbreathers aren't that dumb, so I chalk it up to people being butthurt "their brand" didn't get the MHS contract.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By S-1:

This whole thread is dumb. "Unfavorable manufacturer"? You have to be an absolute idiot to not see that SIG is dominating and is the leading manufacturer of small arms in the world. Kicking ass in the civi sector, the big .mil side and in SOF units worldwide.

I really want to believe that GD mouthbreathers aren't that dumb, so I chalk it up to people being butthurt "their brand" didn't get the MHS contract.
View Quote

I agree with this
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

I agree with this
View Quote

I think that's all it comes down to.

Of course, Sig had to ruin a good thing with the drop safety nonsense.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:21:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: italianstallion95] [#10]

You have to be an absolute idiot to not see that SIG is dominating and is the leading manufacturer of small arms in the world. Kicking ass in the civi sector, the big .mil side and in SOF units worldwide.
View Quote

This is where most of the hate (and jealously from those invested in brand XYZ) is coming from:

• Sig USA is the largest exporter of firearms in the United States;
    Sig P365 and P320 are the best selling semi-autos in the United States right now for the last 2 or 3 years;
    Sig is easily the #2 pistol brand (behind Glock) in law enforcement use in the US right now as well as globally;
    Sig P320s are being adopted by multiple first world nations for their police or military sidearm (Canada, Australia, France, Denmark, Costa Rica, Norway, etc.);
    Sig MCXs have been used by SOCOM since at least 2017 and now the Spear-LT looks like it will replace the legendary HK416 within CAG.;
    Sig M17s/M18s were selected as our official US military sidearm and has been confirmed to be in use with some SOCOM circles.;
    Sig Spear (big boy) is the Army's new battle rifle.;
    Sig Rattler/SURG/legacy MCX are all being procured by SOCOM.;

If Sigs were such junk, none of the above would be happening. At my FFL, if Sigs were such garbage we would see them as the most RMA'd brand (it's actually Smith & Wesson). What always gets me the most are the "lowest bidder" comments, if global 1st world military and police truly went with the lowest bidder, Planet Earth would be swimming in Rugers, Kel Tecs, and Smith & Wessons. Yet it's always Glock, Sig, H&K, and FN that run basically all the small arms in global 1st world military and police.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I couldn't have said it any better!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#12]

This is where most of the hate (and jealously from those invested in brand XYZ) is coming from:

Sig USA is the largest exporter of firearms in the United States;
Sig P365 and P320 are the best selling semi-autos in the United States right now for the last 2 or 3 years;
Sig is easily the #2 pistol brand (behind Glock) in law enforcement use in the US right now;
Sig P320s are being adopted by multiple first world nationals for their police or military sidearm (Canada, Australia, France, Denmark, Costa Rica, Norway, etc.)
Sig MCXs have been used by SOCOM since at least 2017 and now the Spear-LT looks like it will replace the legendary HK416 within CAG.
Sig M17s/M18s were selected as our official US military sidearm and has been confirmed to be in use with some SOCOM circles.
Sig Spear (big boy) is the Army's new battle rifle.
Sig Rattler/SURG/legacy MCX are all being procured by SOCOM.
View Quote

Your facts says it all.....but, I still like Glock's.  They are the 2 brands I swear by.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Liv_C:

Your facts says it all.....but, I still like Glock's.  They are the 2 brands I swear by.
View Quote

The only three sidearm brands that both myself and all my employees are strapped with are the Big 3 - Glock, Sig, and H&K.

The G19.5 MOS w/ GPT is still one of my favorite handguns of all time, along with my P365s and P320s.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I own a fair number of SIGs. It cracks me up when people talk about their poor quality and/or Indian made parts.

First the Indian made parts are made by the same company that made jet turbine fins in your passenger airliner, so if you think it’s trash, I wouldn’t fly.

Second, for all my SIGs, I’ve only had 1 part break. It was the firing pin on my ‘94 P229. Which was before MIM.

And for the Cohen haters, if he was so bad, why is Kimber crap and SIG soaring?  

Mostly, to answer the OP, I think people just like hating on winners. They hope to see success hit failure. Mixed with the insecure gun owners that need some validation that their favorite brand is good. Guess what?  They’re all good. At least the major brands.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:36:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: italianstallion95] [#15]
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
Mostly, to answer the OP, I think people just like hating on winners. They hope to see success hit failure. Mixed with the insecure gun owners that need some validation that their favorite brand is good. Guess what?  They’re all good. At least the major brands.
View Quote

Agreed, that's usually what happens. I'm always taken back to how people would trash Glock as the perfect example of this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#16]
SIG is a great manufacturer if you just act like they never made anything after 2000.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#17]

I bought a Raider-X about 3 months ago during the few miracle seconds it was available on the Flux website. Ran my P320 FCU with the Spectre Comp slide/barrel/comp for the first time 2 weeks ago, I was making groupings the size of a cockroach at 75 yds. with that thing, which everyone will tell you is impossible with a pistol. Extremely impressed, absorbs the recoil fairly well, I mounted a P2 ACRO on it and have about 500 rounds through it, reliable has been 100% and I highly recommend the Raider-X if anyone can get their hands on it. After the range the first words to the employees was that SOCOM needs to adopt this thing.
View All Quotes

I have one of their MP17s, the predecessor to the Raider.

I actually had a great email (or Messenger) conversation with one of Flux's guys (Alex, I think), about getting widespread adoption of it throughout the military.

-less training time, or just better training density
-improved accuracy and speed
-small logistical footprint, relatively low cost

All for much better internal security (CONUS and overseas), or for specialized missions or personnel.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#18]

The only three sidearm brands that both myself and all my employees are strapped with are the Big 3 - Glock, Sig, and H&K.

The G19.5 MOS w/ GPT is still one of my favorite handguns of all time, along with my P365s and P320s.
View Quote

Nice line up....but I haven't shot any H&K'S.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By psychotr:
SIG is a great manufacturer if you just act like they never made anything after 2000.

View Quote

I see that you're a gun collector, not a shooter.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Looks weird

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I have one of their MP17s, the predecessor to the Raider.

I actually had a great email (or Messenger) conversation with one of Flux's guys (Alex, I think), about getting widespread adoption of it throughout the military.

-less training time, or just better training density
-improved accuracy and speed
-small logistical footprint, relatively low cost

All for much better internal security (CONUS and overseas), or for specialized missions or personnel.
View Quote

I've e-mailed Alex a bit, he seems like a nice and knowledgeable guy. And certainly the Raider is a superb PDW scenario weapon especially considering the military magazine compatibility and it's not a firearm, just a very fancy grip module.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Looks weird

https://fluxdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_1524.jpg
View Quote

Looks like Garand Thumb.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks weird

View Quote

Florida looks weird on a map also, but it's a great state to live in.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:54:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#24]

Florida looks weird on a map also, but it's a great state to live in.
View Quote
As a former FL resident it doesn't look weird on a map.

Could be the only PDW experience I have is with a MP5.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks weird

View Quote
Holsterable PDW with a spring-loaded stock.

And since the time that I bought mine, factory 30rd mags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#26]
4800 rounds of 9mm 124gr through my pair of P320s and zero issues (aside from magazine springs getting replaced.

My P226 was having issues but it was bought 2nd hand.

I guess that makes me a fanboi for not dropping it or having it go off in my carry iwb holster.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S-1] [#27]

Sig is easily the #2 pistol brand (behind Glock) in law enforcement use in the US right now as well as globally;
    Sig P320s are being adopted by multiple first world nations for their police or military sidearm (Canada, Australia, France, Denmark, Costa Rica, Norway, etc.);
    Sig MCXs have been used by SOCOM since at least 2017 and now the Spear-LT looks like it will replace the legendary HK416 within CAG.;
    Sig M17s/M18s were selected as our official US military sidearm and has been confirmed to be in use with some SOCOM circles.;

If Sigs were such junk, none of the above would be happening. At my FFL, if Sigs were such garbage we would see them as the most RMA'd brand (it's actually Smith & Wesson). What always gets me the most are the "lowest bidder" comments, if global 1st world military and police truly went with the lowest bidder, Planet Earth would be swimming in Rugers, Kel Tecs, and Smith & Wessons. Yet it's always Glock, Sig, H&K, and FN that run basically all the small arms in global 1st world military and police.

View All Quotes

You have to be an absolute idiot to not see that SIG is dominating and is the leading manufacturer of small arms in the world. Kicking ass in the civi sector, the big .mil side and in SOF units worldwide.

Another one of my favorites from the "SIGs suck" crowd and something that you heard a lot after SIG was selected for the MHS. Glock Boyz were saying that the modularity of the 320 would never be taken advantage of, not needed etc etc.

They couldn't have been more wrong. Within the units that allow it, you're seeing all kinds of configurations making the pistol more personalized to the end user.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

This post, this one right here, is what we refer to as "your winner."
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

+1
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Another one of my favorites from the "SIGs suck" crowd and something that you heard a lot after SIG was selected for the MHS. Glock Boyz were saying that the modularity of the 320 would never be taken advantage of, not needed etc etc.

They couldn't have been more wrong. Within the units that allow it, you're seeing all kinds of configurations making the pistol more personalized to the end user.
View Quote

Absolutely, they said the modularity was a gimmick, and here we are with at least 12+ companies making P320 and P365 grip modules.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Liv_C:

View Quote

I have both and do not understand from a logical stand point the hate.

From a fanboi stand point it makes sense but it is dumb.

Then again, I like a lot of different handguns like poly pistols, hi powers, 1911s, SAA, etc.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Carry on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By psychotr:

Carry on.

And I guess that would be my problem, I am not a collector and like to shoot the guns I have.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Absolutely, they said the modularity was a gimmick, and here we are with at least 12+ companies making P320 and P365 grip modules.
View Quote
Multiple are making chassis that can add a stock and/or non-reciprocating optic as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I think the 1911s are ugly. And I’m not opposed to external extractors..
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:01:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By PRasko:
Buy old sigs, not new.

That's my stance on the company.

Same with s&w. They can keep their shitty new pistols and I'll keep using my old revolvers and 5906 tsw.

God i sound like a fking Fudd, I swear I'm not a fking fudd..
View Quote

If you’re talking about m&ps, you’re wrong. If by new guns, you’re referring to revolvers…you’re definitely old fashioned.

A Fudd is not someone who likes old gun designs. A Fudd is someone who says “I support the 2a, but…”
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I had a 220ST. Gun was way more accurate than I ever was. I loved it. But I’d get a lot of failure to extract and double feeds.

It went back to them 3-4 times before it was right. Chamber needed to be relieved and polished. Extractor tightened up.

Each time it went back, they gave me a couple free magazines. The last time it went back I had a trigger job done on it. Fantastic gun and I really miss it.

I want one with a dot and a flashlight with 10-12 round mags. Would be a great range toy and bedside gun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By skindroid:

I became a Walther fanboy by dry firing a PDP Compact at my LGS last year.  I also had a P320 and a VP9 out of the case to try out.  After I felt the trigger on that PDP, I let the sales guy know he could put the other guns away.  

Now I have between 3k-4k rounds through my Walther.  FWIW, I have experienced zero malfunctions - and I mean absolutely zero.    The only thing I added was a metal guide rod.  Recoil spring weight is stock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/1000000347_jpg-3204822.JPG

Try one out if you get the chance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skindroid:
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Originally Posted By Epyon:
5. The p320 trigger is by far the WORST striker fired trigger on any gun I have ever shot.EVER.
I dont Criticize or argue with people (anymore) about what they like or dislike about a handgun. All handguns are different and everyones tastes are different. But when you say the p320s trigger is the worst, I gotta ask, how many SF guns are you fluent with?

Ive got 3 flavors of SF; sig, glock and HK. To me glock is the worst. Its a gate latch staple gun no matter how you try to doctor it up. Vp9 and p320 for me are neckNneck with a nod towards the p320. It just breaks so nice for a SF. Ive heard the walther SF is the best of the best but ive got no trigger time on it.

I became a Walther fanboy by dry firing a PDP Compact at my LGS last year.  I also had a P320 and a VP9 out of the case to try out.  After I felt the trigger on that PDP, I let the sales guy know he could put the other guns away.  

Now I have between 3k-4k rounds through my Walther.  FWIW, I have experienced zero malfunctions - and I mean absolutely zero.    The only thing I added was a metal guide rod.  Recoil spring weight is stock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/1000000347_jpg-3204822.JPG

Try one out if you get the chance.

I want one of these. The only handgun I’ve seen that looks decent with a mailbox red dot on it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:53:17 AM EDT
[#38]

A few mouthbreathers in GD says otherwise! Stop with your lies!

Funny that you mentioned S&W. I was voluntold to attend a M&P/Shield armorers course a few month ago. The Smith rep was saying don't buy a gun from them right now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
I want to like Sig as a manufacturer, but they sure have a lot of black eyes these days and the fanbois still run rampant.

Sig is one of the very few manufacturers pushing boundaries and coming out with innovative products especially compared to Glocks, it is no surprise there will be teething problems. However, most of these are overblown especially when internet recycling starts, now some are saying the P938 is not drop safe to now P320s blowing up when Glocks loaded with the wrong handloads for 30+ years. So much double standard out there.

I'm an FFL and although P365s/P320s are among our best selling pistols and the M400 among our best selling rifles, we have not had any customers detailing their bad or RMA experiences. The brand that we have had by far the most finish/QC issues with NIB guns requiring RMA is Smith & Wesson, then followed by Ruger.

I personally own a good amount of firearms, and at the moment I have about 8 or 9 SIGs (P365s, Spear-LT, P320s, MPXs). Thousands of rounds between each Sig I own, and I have yet to have a parts breakage, catastrophic failure, or fight stopping malfunction. Of course I shoot quality ammo Fiocchi/Hornady/S&B/Federal and clean my firearms after every range session.

Again, a lot of this recent hate stems for Glock not being the most popular kid on the block, combined with Sig winning numerous military contracts that usually Glock or H&K or FN were taking, and the fact that a non-Glock is apparently the best selling pistol in the country (P365).

Funny that you mentioned S&W. I was voluntold to attend a M&P/Shield armorers course a few month ago. The Smith rep was saying don't buy a gun from them right now.

Riiiiggghhtttt 🙄
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#39]
There are too many BSers I don't pay much attention to them. Mention a chain restaurant, and watch how many post they get the shits. Some on GD never stop getting the shits. Same goes for guns.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

I agree with this
View Quote

That hit the nail on the head.

I have two and are both flawless shooters. One is a WG P220 I bought new. I'm not into striker-fired but it is just a preference.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:18:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: S-1] [#41]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

Riiiiggghhtttt 🙄
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
I want to like Sig as a manufacturer, but they sure have a lot of black eyes these days and the fanbois still run rampant.

Sig is one of the very few manufacturers pushing boundaries and coming out with innovative products especially compared to Glocks, it is no surprise there will be teething problems. However, most of these are overblown especially when internet recycling starts, now some are saying the P938 is not drop safe to now P320s blowing up when Glocks loaded with the wrong handloads for 30+ years. So much double standard out there.

I'm an FFL and although P365s/P320s are among our best selling pistols and the M400 among our best selling rifles, we have not had any customers detailing their bad or RMA experiences. The brand that we have had by far the most finish/QC issues with NIB guns requiring RMA is Smith & Wesson, then followed by Ruger.

I personally own a good amount of firearms, and at the moment I have about 8 or 9 SIGs (P365s, Spear-LT, P320s, MPXs). Thousands of rounds between each Sig I own, and I have yet to have a parts breakage, catastrophic failure, or fight stopping malfunction. Of course I shoot quality ammo Fiocchi/Hornady/S&B/Federal and clean my firearms after every range session.

Again, a lot of this recent hate stems for Glock not being the most popular kid on the block, combined with Sig winning numerous military contracts that usually Glock or H&K or FN were taking, and the fact that a non-Glock is apparently the best selling pistol in the country (P365).

Riiiiggghhtttt 🙄

Right what? You're right. I didn't go to the armorers course, he didn't say to avoid S&W's right now, or that they shipped new M&Ps to a midsized agency that had no rifling in the barrels and that there is a lot of shit QC right now for them because of the move.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:28:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chisum] [#42]
Looks weird

View Quote

I can't imagine using a plastic grocery bag for a holster. Looks like just another gimmick.

They should just name it Gimli from LOTR.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:
There’s a plethora of video and picture evidence online of the modern Sig offerings rusting slides and mags.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#44]
The P22X series are some of my favorite pistols, super reliable, accurate, smooth. I started to get mildly irritated with Sig when, instead of maintaining consistent availability of their flagship pistol models, they decided to release gimmicky "special editions," sometimes with goofy bullshit milled into them. The Legions get a half pass on this because they've managed to keep them in production for a while and the Grayguns triggers, sight upgrades, optic cuts, and SAO models are legit improvements on excellent pistols.

The 556 rifles could have been so much more than they were. I like mine, but don't shoot it that much because Sig stopped supporting it, and the Swiss import parts are harder to come by than they were 15 years ago. The scalloped rail pistol frames were a mistake, but  the regular frames don't have wear issues as long as you keep them lubed, preferably with grease.

What really pissed me off was when they quietly discontinued the P239 and all parts support virtually overnight. I carried one for ~10 years, decided one day I should pick up some more magazines and springs just to keep on hand-none to be found anywhere outside of ebay sellers asking AWB prices for them-only it wasn't 1994-2004, and these were 7 round .40 mags. That pushed me over to CZ for a replacement.

Then they decided to go all in on cheap POS guns like the P250 and the striker fired version of it, the P320. I still want a P226 and P220 10mm, but outside of those they don't really make anything that interests me. I haven't experienced the quality issues personally.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:
Pretty simple they were skipping the 20k test for either pistol because they were both mature striker fired designs, it’s stated in the report. Glock wasn’t going to magically get the win even if they did it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:
Pretty simple they were skipping the 20k test for either pistol because they were both mature striker fired designs, it’s stated in the report. Glock wasn’t going to magically get the win even if they did it.

IIRC Glock wasn't really in serious contention because what they submitted didn't really fit the solicitation.

Calling the P320 a "mature striker fired design" is generous, especially when comparing it to Glock.

Originally Posted By Epyon:
5. The p320 trigger is by far the WORST striker fired trigger on any gun I have ever shot.EVER. This is coming from a man that owns a Taurus G3.

Preferences are subjective, but this one is unusual. The P320 has one of the best triggers I've used on a striker gun.

It's not better than Walther's, and Walther also doesn't have apparent safety issues with theirs, but I digress.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Right what? You're right. I didn't go to the armorers course, he didn't say to avoid S&W's right now, or that they shipped new M&Ps to a midsized agency that had no rifling in the barrels and that there is a lot of shit QC right now for them because of the move.
View Quote

Agreed, the Massachusetts State Police just gave up on the M&P 2.0 after adopting it last year because there were so many quality problems with the units being received, now MSP is transitioning to the P320 X-Carry.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Preferences are subjective, but this one is unusual. The P320 has one of the best triggers I've used on a striker gun.

It's not better than Walther's, and Walther also doesn't have apparent safety issues with theirs, but I digress.
View Quote

Walther PPQ/PDP are absolutely some of the best striker triggers out there, I agree. But let's not kid ourselves, Walther (as well as Glock, S&W, Kimber, Ruger, FN, Beretta and others) all had a recall/safety upgrade at one point with at least one of their models.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Agreed, the Massachusetts State Police just gave up on the M&P 2.0 after adopting it last year because there were so many quality problems with the units being received, now MSP is transitioning to the P320 X-Carry.
View All Quotes

Be careful, you're going to be called a liar by GD mouthbreathers.

Riiiiggghhtttt...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Biggest thing I've learned in this thread is that the newer M&P's might be shit? When did that happen? I always thought it had a great record and reputation.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Walther PPQ/PDP are absolutely some of the best striker triggers out there, I agree. But let's not kid ourselves, Walther (as well as Glock, S&W, Kimber, Ruger, FN, Beretta and others) all had a recall/safety upgrade at one point with at least one of their models.
View All Quotes

Fair enough. I don't have a PDP and hadn't seen that.

I will say that there don't appear to be safety issues with the M17/18, whether that's because of the manual safety or not.

My experience with M&Ps has not been great.
Page / 7
Top Top